What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Mitchell Pearce's last chance in Origin?

How many State of Origin matches will Mitchell Piss play?

• Zero

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Joker's Wild

Coach
NSW have never picked their halves based on club combo before, I don't understand how it became the way to go now at the expense of better players

The General

Juniors
Maloney is a club 5/8 and nothing more.

The replacement of Carney with him and woods being picked in front of grant were almost as big a failures as selecting Pearce.

Carney is a class 5/8 , who clearly has more skills than any other 6 in NSW.

This whole combinations bullsh*t has got to go.

Spot on. Especially when you're considering halves. Most teams play with one half either side of the ruck so how often do we actually see a halfback linking directly with a 5/8.

By half time yesterday, I found myself wishing that Daley had picked Josh Reynolds on the bench.

At least that way we could have ditched Pearce and come up with some sort of makeshift halves combination for the 2nd half.

Sadly, we had no such option on the bench. Not that Daley would have used it anyway, even if it were there.

Maloney wasn't great but he was light years ahead of Pearce last night. Even Walsh or Soward would have made a better fist of that game than Pearce did.

NSW have never picked their halves based on club combo before, I don't understand how it became the way to go now at the expense of better players

The combination theory wasn't the whole reason that better players weren't picked. No one else was even considered for that number 7 jumper. It was Mitchell Pearce's all along.

The combination theory only really affected the 5/8 spot.

The combination theory wasn't the whole reason that better players weren't picked. No one else was even considered for that number 7 jumper. It was Mitchell Pearce's all along.

The combination theory only really affected the 5/8 spot.

To our detriment though.

As much as Pearce was rubbish , A pearce/carney combo would have been better.

Yosh

Coach
Farah was doing the job of 6,7 and 9 last night. He couldn't possible do them all while also making 40 tackles. Thought Farah was really good.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Pearce shouldve been dropped after last year. Farah played the same sort of role in Game 3 last year and was buggered, he was doing all the kicking and passing, on top of the 50 odd tackles.

When you're a number 7 you take control, try and get repeat sets close to the line, put pressure on the outside backs.

NSW had plenty of opportunities in Game 3 last year, and again the same thing last year, we kept attacking Qld's 20 several times and barely got over the try line.

What really got me annoyed was when Laurie Daley came out said Mitchell Pearce is the number 7, giving little hope for both Josh and Adam Reynolds. (even Josh got his opportnity, he was barely out there the other week).

His reason was to take pressure off Pearce, but no instead he put pressure on himself and once again failed.

What has Pearce done since he got picked in 2008 ?

Surely an in form halfback like Adam Reynolds must be given a shot next year.

First Grade
I don't buy the combination bullshit anyway. Mullen and Pearce played together in Australian schoolboys so there is a combination and Mullen is a gazillion times better than Maloney or Pearce.

Fire

First Grade
#1 is Mitchell Pearce. This guy is just shit. He isn't even bog average. He is just a shit footballer. But, his old man is on the Commission and was an average player himself - so he just keeps getting picked for rep sides.

Then you've got a lot of daylight.

#2 is Billy Slater. He's a dirty player and gets away with murder.

#3 is Greg Inglis. For the same reason as Slater.

So what are others thoughts on the biggest protected species in the NRL.

Card Shark

Immortal
Wayne used to go alright but Mitchell is only half as good as him. Therefore, his mum was hopeless at footy.

Billy Slater is miles ahead of anyone in the protected species category.

betcats

Referee
Billy could pull a gun out and and shoot somebody from the other team and the refs would blow a penalty against the guy he just shot for obstructing Billys bullet.

Big Sam

First Grade
Inglis a protected species?

He copped 3 weeks thanks to St Merge's whinging last year which cost him the Dally M.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
The storm hate still strong I see, means we must still be the best!! Current NRL and World Champions. How are the dragons going?

carcharias

Immortal
Scameron smith goes alright in the getting away with stuff dept.
Couple of nice knees to dugans prone head last night that went unnoticed .

Latest posts