What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this right?

Vee

First Grade
I'm a Cowboys non-ticketed member. Tried to buy 2 tickets in the eastern stand for the Dragons game. Couldn't get two together in the middle 4 bays 312-315, and Ticketek suggested Bay 311 (straddling the try line).

My mate went to the club office at the ground, same result so he bought two in Bay 311.

Went to the game, there were scores of empty seats together, almost complete rows in some cases, in the top 8 or 10 rows in Bay 312.

Why weren't these for sale? More expensive but we were happy to pay the difference. Is it the club wanting to keep the better seats for the higher game memberships? If so , doesn't appear to be working with so many empty.

Can someone explain it?

Frailty

First Grade
They may already be ticketed members seats, and they have not shown up. They could be reserved for corporate partners, etc.

There could be a number of reasons, none of which is what you've suggested.

Vee

First Grade
They may already be ticketed members seats, and they have not shown up. They could be reserved for corporate partners, etc.

There could be a number of reasons, none of which is what you've suggested.
Scores of them? Corporate partners? Back rows of the Eastern stand?

What else you got?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

What else you got?
LOL, he's provided you reasons and you dismiss them because?? Given the Cowboys' season it's completely reasonable that members and corporate seats would be empty. It's shit that we're in 2018 and seat re-sale for this sort of thing isn't common but it's certainly the reason you would've struggled to get any tickets in that area.

Vee

First Grade
LOL, he's provided you reasons and you dismiss them because?? Given the Cowboys' season it's completely reasonable that members and corporate seats would be empty. It's shit that we're in 2018 and seat re-sale for this sort of thing isn't common but it's certainly the reason you would've struggled to get any tickets in that area.
Certainly? According to you? Oh, okay, must be right then .

Frailty

First Grade
What would the Cowboys actually gain from not selling those seats if they can? Do you honestly believe they would be willing to not sell those seats "to keep the better seats for the higher game memberships".

Seriously consider what benefit to the Cowboys that would be? There is none.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Certainly? According to you? Oh, okay, must be right then .
Well I've had more experience with membership and ticketing than you, so I probably am lol

beave

Coach

What else you got?

You asked for answers and they guys gave you some reasonable responses you don’t need to be a dick about it mate.

I was a season ticket holder for 10 years when I lived back home, 6 of those were in the eastern stand (312, 313 and 314). Not everyne turned up for every game . I had people from all over NQ (Mt Isa, Mackay, Proserpine) at one point but you’d only see them for maybe half the home games as its f**king $$ to come to the Ville for a weekend if you’re 3-4 hours away. The club dont really run tickets/seating but if you ring the membership team they could give you a heads up though on why it happened??

Side note but kinda similar, it’s the same for car parking there. Every year the carparking tickets sell out for the season well before the draw comes out (there’s warning all year about it on game day) but there was always multitudes of car parks available on the lesser game nights. If they’re pre-sold, not much the club can do if people don’t arrive/attend the match.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
I'm a Cowboys non-ticketed member. Tried to buy 2 tickets in the eastern stand for the Dragons game. Couldn't get two together in the middle 4 bays 312-315, and Ticketek suggested Bay 311 (straddling the try line).

My mate went to the club office at the ground, same result so he bought two in Bay 311.

Went to the game, there were scores of empty seats together, almost complete rows in some cases, in the top 8 or 10 rows in Bay 312.

Why weren't these for sale? More expensive but we were happy to pay the difference. Is it the club wanting to keep the better seats for the higher game memberships? If so , doesn't appear to be working with so many empty.

Can someone explain it?

Who is this clown??

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Can someone explain it?
The cowboys & ticketek did it just to spite you.

I called up on the day and scored tickets on the halfway line.

Latest posts