What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isaac Luke wants a release

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
In the end, I'd rather remortgage my house than let isaac luke go. Souths will never let its favourite son leave redfern. We will look after him and do whatever is necessary for him to stay when his next contract is up for review. Our new 23 million facility is ready and our leagues club next door will be ready in 09. Things are looking good for us, I'm missing Chris Sandow playing already. If he started from round one, we would of made the finals, hes the best halfback to don the souths jersey that I have seen. Im 19 years old btw.

Dave Q

Coach
In the end, I'd rather remortgage my house than let isaac luke go. Souths will never let its favourite son leave redfern. We will look after him and do whatever is necessary for him to stay when his next contract is up for review. Our new 23 million facility is ready and our leagues club next door will be ready in 09. Things are looking good for us, I'm missing Chris Sandow playing already. If he started from round one, we would of made the finals, hes the best halfback to don the souths jersey that I have seen. Im 19 years old btw.

We dont sell our soul to the devil too easily Chris.

This is Souths, every player will be respected but at the end of the day, we are not going to make the finals without the likes of Dave, Luke Stuart or Roy Asotasi and even Colin Best.

We are not going to make the finals without the likes of Simpson, Lowie or Champion.

Chris Sandow is the most exciting half backs I can remember since Tricky. IMO he is every bit as important to Souths as Luke and Erroll Allcott, Mark Hughes, Richo, JT and all of us humble supporters who are members, buy the gear and get out to watch games.

In terms of support, we have the biggest hearts in the league.

If Issac abandons us, what will be will be.

Souths is a lifestyle, and as our saviour George found out, no one person is bigger than this club.

For better or worse, South Sydney will be in our thoughts when we take our last breath on gods earth.

Even after this dissapointing season, in my mind, I consider it a great privilige to support the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

To not follow Souths, is almost a life wasted.

After at least 25 years of following Souths, like when I was a bright eyed child playing park league down at the local oval with my mates, today, I still cant understand how people support other clubs. Theres nothing else out there in league land but a vast emptyness, mostly, a vacuum of spirit with the exception of a few clubs to make up the numbers. Others shouldnt be in the comp at all.

Chris, people like you are the next generation. Us older people are very proud of your support through those difficult days as a kid and as a teenager.

Not having Souths to support for a few years as a child ( when we were expelled) may have done irrepairable damage to your soul, even if it hasnt yet been made manifest.

But one day you will inherit another golden age that will go on forever.

This is our life's mission.

Theres only one South Sydney, the power, the spirit, the glory.

ChrisSandowProfileDetail-813bb8bb-2129-4535-bc44-8a267b958964.jpg

Destined for greatness.

Last edited:

Aaron_sfas

Juniors

im 20 and he's the best i've seen too

Dave Q

Coach
To you young blokes who have never sniffed the sweet scent of glory, us older guys ....we admire, respect and salute you.

As a kid, getting out to redfern via a bus and a train, home-made Souths flag in hand ( it took me 1.5 hrs one way and alone) to watch the likes of Kenny Stewart, Mario Fenech, Ziggy Niscot and Rocky Laurie go aorund was amazing.

But we have new champions now and they are every inch as good as these historical blokes.

You are more than entitled to your day in the sunshine as Souths fans. In my era, as a guy who missed the days of glory etc and went through 25 years or so of discomfort and tragedy, with a few brighter moments, thats been my lot in this league life.

Those days are gone now, weve done our hard time glady and proudly. Weve done the hard yards and kept our club alive. Its been worth it. Sadly Ive seen some fans come and go like lost ghosts. Unfit to be in a trench with. I dont despise them, I feel sorry for them. They are simply not up to the task.

But we must move on.

We must now all look to the present and the future.

One club under stars of red and green.

My beautiful little daughter is a proud rabbitoh. She will follow you young guys.

I am sure you wont let her down.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
Im 19 years old btw.

thats why you always fire with the legal action
if luke plays for the rorters or any other team in the nrl next year,
there will be no legal action taken
in saying that im pretty sure he will see this season out with you guys
2010 could be a different story tho

Dave Q

Coach
thats why you always fire with the legal action
if luke plays for the rorters or any other team in the nrl next year,
there will be no legal action taken
in saying that im pretty sure he will see this season out with you guys
2010 could be a different story tho

He goes then he goes cb baby.

Other clubs are starting to work him out anyway.

Soon they'll be a number of Issac Luke clones.

cb4

First Grade
He goes then he goes cb baby.

Other clubs are starting to work him out anyway.

Soon they'll be a number of Issac Luke clones.

and i couldnt agree more
if he dont wanna be there cut him lose
keep someone like nadira who does wanna play for your club

Dave Q

Coach
and i couldnt agree more
if he dont wanna be there cut him lose
keep someone like nadira who does wanna play for your club

nah, he wants to play for Souths, he just wants more cashola.

Human nature.

Bunnies 08

Juniors
i know it's more "rumours" and "friends inside connections" but ive heard that the isaac leaving rumours are getting stronger.. I wanna know a few things, do contracts absolutely mean nothing?I agree with others, he is a phenominal player but if he doesn't wanna be with us, then he can suffer against us.. He is arguably the best hooker we have, though hookers is something we have many of...Yer sure he may be able to play for the bears to "prove a point" but he still wastes our $130,000 that could be spent on two good juniors to cover other positions..At the end of the day, give a go to Ndaria who wants to be there, or falloon who makes his intentions clear that he wants the number nine..i'm a massive luke fan but we want no player who doesn't want us!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
i know it's more "rumours" and "friends inside connections" but ive heard that the isaac leaving rumours are getting stronger.. I wanna know a few things, do contracts absolutely mean nothing?I agree with others, he is a phenominal player but if he doesn't wanna be with us, then he can suffer against us.. He is arguably the best hooker we have, though hookers is something we have many of...Yer sure he may be able to play for the bears to "prove a point" but he still wastes our $130,000 that could be spent on two good juniors to cover other positions..At the end of the day, give a go to Ndaria who wants to be there, or falloon who makes his intentions clear that he wants the number nine..i'm a massive luke fan but we want no player who doesn't want us!!!

they may even stronger now that Amos has departed Bondi..

Aaron_sfas

Juniors

issac wont be leaving. that was the statement by the club, and all the news i've heard.

issac definately IS the best hooker at our club, and i'd put him top 3 in the nrl for next year

and ndaira has signed with the knites, so he's gone

Dave Q

Coach
holding a club at ransom tho... "give me more money or i run"

Stagger Eel, he's OK.

Any player can purport to be released from his contract at the end of the day, it depends what provisions are in there for an earlier release although the Steve Turner saga (inter alia) taught us that a player can weasal out of something..

I think the time has come for the NRL to insist on stabilising these legal relations and perhaps ban the rumour-mongering and scare tactics of greedy agents.

All this innuendo ....It couldnt be in the best interests of the game

This country, especially NSW, is in a reccession, players will have to wear the consequences.

Luke should make a media statement today and quash this rubbish.

Souths is a good club, we have the best fans and the best club people in the league behind us. Hs contract has been upgraded, we made him the player he is today. He should take that into a account.

Does he want to be a total legend or a greedy di**head? Just another spliffing Terry Hill or demi-hero Braith Anasta.

If that is his wish, theres the door Issac.

This club was built on loyalty and respect. It was built on great sacrifice and love and care for each other.

If we dont embrace these qualities, for all of our history, then we are unfit for glory.

And that lads, that will never change.

Last edited:
Spoken to Isaac personally on a number of occasions and he LOVES South Sydney. He has told me that he has truly found a home and that he has no wish to play for another team. All of this is some sort of media beat up initiated by his manager. He won't be going anywhere.

Dave Q

Coach
Spoken to Isaac personally on a number of occasions and he LOVES South Sydney. He has told me that he has truly found a home and that he has no wish to play for another team. All of this is some sort of media beat up initiated by his manager. He won't be going anywhere.

Then ask him to come out and swear his love for us.

cb4

First Grade
he does all the time at embassy, then u get him drunk n its a whole different story