What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISP Grand Final Vs Wyong.

GongPanther

Referee
People need to be realistic. First grade is a big step up from what he's been playing. He's also relatively new to the game. I'm not too sure it'd be making any drastic changes to get him into the side from the start of the season.
That is applied to anyone who hasn't played 1st grade.He is showing enough ability to satisfy coach Brennen that he belonged in reserve grade,which was a big step up from the Ron Massey Cup competition.

IMO,he will be given the opportunity to trial with the 1st grade.

Panfa

Juniors
Hopefully sivo makes the fijian squad even as a back up for radradra and vunivalu the guy has enermous talent and plays with heart hopefully he makes the top 30 squad he would ve great cover for mansour and dwz and would put pressure on them to perform our back 5 will be the same edwards mansour whare blake zelezniak the peach needs to play utility or move to hooker wallace is slowing up these days courageous but not as affective

betcats

Referee
That is applied to anyone who hasn't played 1st grade.He is showing enough ability to satisfy coach Brennen that he belonged in reserve grade,which was a big step up from the Ron Massey Cup competition.

I'd be surpised if more than 3 people here have seen him play more than 5 games.

martielang

Bench

Training with first grade & changing our entire back line to get him in there Rnd 1 are two very different things.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
If Gus rated Brennan, he would have been named coach after Cleary. He's going to have to leave to get a shot at first grade.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Training with first grade & changing our entire back line to get him in there Rnd 1 are two very different things.
And this is all I'm personally suggesting. He obviously has the raw talent and physique but give him the best opportunity by training full time and getting him into the gym and see how far he can develop. DWZ and Sauce are great as our current wingers but it would be good to have Sivo in the mix for depth. At least by developing as a full-timer he gives himself a chance at a career if not with us then rugby.

betcats

Referee
I know Stew Moses, who watches all the ISP games, rates him highly.

Obviously though the club thinks fairly well of him if he’s going to train with first grade.

no doubt he is well rated, I wasn't saying that.

What I am getting at is two months ago people were wondering who would come into the side if we needed an outside back(I think Whare was hurt) and no one mentioned this bloke as a back up, yet now after he has played a great game some people think we should be benching Peachey, shifting Dallin, Waqa and whoever else to fit him in lol. Lets see him in a trial first.

What I am getting at is two months ago people were wondering who would come into the side if we needed an outside back(I think Whare was hurt) and no one mentioned this bloke as a back up, yet now after he has played a great game some people think we should be benching Peachey, shifting Dallin, Waqa and whoever else to fit him in lol. Lets see him in a trial first.

Oh for sure.

If he’s to come into first grade it shouldn’t be until mid to late next season. Lots of work to do yet.

Whare deserves to start the year in the centres and see if he can finally regain some old form.

GongPanther

Referee

Lets hope he gets a pop in a pre-season match. If he kills it,and shows promise defensively,he could well make the squad. Thing with Sivo is that he is one of those players that makes things happen. I guess we'll know soon enough to what his future will be.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd be surpised if more than 3 people here have seen him play more than 5 games.

I know a few St Mary's players so saw most games for them. One try v Mounties St Marys were down to 12 players trailing 12-8 with a few minutes to go. He got the ball ran 90m beat about 7 players to get the win.

That is the stuff you can't train. He does basics get lost in defence at times doesn't seem to do scoots like over outside backs. Everyone in that 17 is capable of being FGers. It's whether they put in the work or get the opportunity too

franklin2323

Immortal
If Gus rated Brennan, he would have been named coach after Cleary. He's going to have to leave to get a shot at first grade.

Assuming he wants to coach FG that is. The interview on the website he said he loves preparing players for FG. He was assistant last year might of hated it

franklin2323

Immortal
Oh for sure.

If he’s to come into first grade it shouldn’t be until mid to late next season. Lots of work to do yet.

Whare deserves to start the year in the centres and see if he can finally regain some old form.

The Whare against Manly in the semi should be centre all year. The Blake against Canberra should also be centre all year... The problem is getting one of them to play like that regularly

GongPanther

Referee
I know a few St Mary's players so saw most games for them. One try v Mounties St Marys were down to 12 players trailing 12-8 with a few minutes to go. He got the ball ran 90m beat about 7 players to get the win.

That is the stuff you can't train. He does basics get lost in defence at times doesn't seem to do scoots like over outside backs. Everyone in that 17 is capable of being FGers. It's whether they put in the work or get the opportunity too

I was very surprised that Suvo didn't get the MoM.Scored a last minute try in the 1st half that will live long in the memories,tackled one bloke into touch deep on the attack in our half,diffused a bomb ingoal,involved heavilly in a tackle which led to Waddell's try,provided a brilliant pass over the shoulder for a Cartwright try,then saved a try with a ball and all tackle were he rolled the player over.