What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISP Round 2 - Western Suburbs Magpies v Newcastle Knights

1. Watson Heleta
2. Mahe Fonua
3. Taane Milne
4. Toni Tali
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Josh Drinkwater
8. Sauaso Sue
9. Patrice Siolo
10. JJ Felise
11. Chris McQueen
12. Luke Garner (capt.)
13. Bayley Sironen

Interchange:
14. Joseph Ratu
15. Cowen Epere
16. Lucas Price
18. Braden Robson

Clifferd

Coach
Garner reminds me so much of Simon O-Dwyer, they even have a similar sort of build

I’d be keeping a close eye on him if I was Cleary

I just searched his details Clifford.

His brief bio from club site.

The versatile Luke Garner remains with Wests Tigers in 2018 after joining the Club last year from the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. Capable of playing in the forwards or centres, Garner continued to put the team first last year playing out of position, but never shirked from his responsibilities at the same time, and will be a great asset for the Intrust Super Premiership side in 2018.

continued to put the team first last year
the type of player IC would want to hold onto.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The team is still paying $17 (highest odds) to win the comp, Id say most betting agencies see we came last last year and have gone with that. I just slapped $100 on. Worth a crack as realistically they should be about $9 imo

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
The team is still paying $17 (highest odds) to win the comp, Id say most betting agencies see we came last last year and have gone with that. I just slapped $100 on. Worth a crack as realistically they should be about $9 imo
After I reading your post I checked the odds for the Warriors too and somehow they were $23 with sportsbet, even though we came 2nd last year and are second right now.. Seems odd, but definitely worth a flutter!

Cheers for being the trigger vic

Vic Mackey

Referee
After I reading your post I checked the odds for the Warriors too and somehow they were $23 with sportsbet, even though we came 2nd last year and are second right now.. Seems odd, but definitely worth a flutter!

Cheers for being the trigger vic

Yeah nsw cup changes drastically from year to year as players at that level change clubs/leave league all together more frequently then full time squads

Clifferd

Coach
If anyone’s watching the reserve grade game that’s why Fonua isn’t playing 1sts

He is so terrible under the high ball

Tiger05

First Grade
If anyone’s watching the reserve grade game that’s why Fonua isn’t playing 1sts

He is so terrible under the high ball

He caught one as well and scored a try off a bomb. I thought (I haven't watched it enough to be sure) that he was good under the high ball in England.

Maybe he just needs some confidence plus he seems to have swapped to the left hand side from the right hand side.

I figure give him some time and see what happens.

Clifferd

Coach
He caught one as well and scored a try off a bomb. I thought (I haven't watched it enough to be sure) that he was good under the high ball in England.

Maybe he just needs some confidence plus he seems to have swapped to the left hand side from the right hand side.

I figure give him some time and see what happens.

Admittedly he has improved since those 2 dropped bombs

Still reckon he’d be best served with early ball. Left centre even

Billythekid

First Grade
I don't like Fonua playing wing. He should be at centre or transition to the forwards. He's too risky on the wing.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don't like Fonua playing wing. He should be at centre or transition to the forwards. He's too risky on the wing.
It’d b great if he could adapt to playing left centre in the nrl team coz we need a better alternative to the useless naquama.

Billythekid

First Grade
100% agree, in the nrl he would get exposed badly under the high ball

That's exactly what happened at the storm, he got away with it somewhat by being a part of such a strong defensive unit.

If he really wants to make the top grade I think he needs to change position.

Tiger05

First Grade
He got man of the match and he was good. He took plenty of high balls as well. He isn't a forward but he will get you going forward. I assume he could play centre as well but defending there is hard.

Still he is a beast. I reckon he is a little risky but surely he offers more than both MWZ and Kev. I can see why Cleary has in reserve grade though. Let him work on his defensive positioning and catching the high ball and then give him a shot.

I reckon Felise was great as well. He deserves a call-up based on his performances this year. He has been huge every game. He moves so well for a big man.

Keep winning and put pressure on the NRL 17.

34 to 22

Tries:
Braden ROBSON (31m)
Mahe FONUA (34m)
Watson HELETA (44m)
Leighton TALI (49m)
Timothy GRANT (72m)
Braden ROBSON (77m)

Drinkwater 5 goals.

Latest posts