What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISP Round 3 - Western Suburbs Magpies v Wyong Roos

1. Watson Heleta
2. Lucas Price
3. Toni Tali
4. Taane Milne
5. Mahe Fonua
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Josh Drinkwater
8. Tim Grant
9. Patrice Siolo
10. Sauaso Sue
11. Chris McQueen
12. Luke Garner
13. Bayley Sironen

Interchange:
14. Joseph Ratu
15. JJ Felise
16. Cowen Epere
18. Braden Robson
19. Liam Pakau

Mario chalmers

Juniors
One of the strongest reserve grade sides I've ever seen.

If we can hold onto these guys for the full 26 rounds the WT will be very well served.

I hope Felise and McQueen see NRL before the likes of Grant and Sue mind you

Vic Mackey

Referee
One of the strongest reserve grade sides I've ever seen.

If we can hold onto these guys for the full 26 rounds the WT will be very well served.

I hope Felise and McQueen see NRL before the likes of Grant and Sue mind you

Sue’s been real good mate, so has Felisse. McQueen and Grant not so much, did anyone see Grants article the other day basically saying he wants out? Came across as a bit of a sook.

The wyong team is pretty garbage on paper, says a lot about east’s depth this year.

How good a day is it, races on Ch 7 and the reserve grade on Ch 9 live, at least it will give us all a chance to see Gamble go round before next week.

Western Suburbs Magpies Intrust Super Premiership Coach Brett Hodgson has finalised his side to take on the Wyong Roos today at Campbelltown Stadium.

Kickoff for the match is at 1:00pm AEDT with live coverage via Channel 9.

Hodgson has confirmed his side will run as per program today, with NRL squad members Taane Milne, Mahe Fonua, Tyson Gamble, Tim Grant, Sauaso Sue, JJ Felise and Chris McQueen all set to feature.

Clifferd

Coach
Why does Drinkwater always look head and shoulders above everyone at this level but is complete dog shit at NRL level

Nailed 3/3 conversations from the sideline so far too

Clifferd

Coach
Garner, Drinkwater, Fonua and Milne playing well

Also how awesome is it to see majority of our 1st grade team supporting the reserves in the stands

Definite shift of club culture

Tigerm

First Grade
Garner, Drinkwater, Fonua and Milne playing well

Also how awesome is it to see majority of our 1st g rade team supporting the reserves in the stands

Definite shift of club culture
Yep, I thought the FB Heleta is going OK as well.

Clifferd

Coach
Garner is really impressive. Must be in the NRL soon

10x better than McQueen at this current stage

Clifferd

Coach
Who is this Tony Tali(?)? Hopefully he is no where near the first grade team. Lucky to be NSW Cup standard.

Funny, he was talked up as being better than Marsters. I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s anythin other than park footy standard

Tigerm

First Grade
Luke Garner

Height:
190 cm
Weight:
94 kg
Date of Birth:
06 September 1995
Birthplace:
-
Nickname:
-
Debut Club:
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles NSW Cup
Opposition:
-
Date:
21 March 2015
Round:
-
Previous Clubs:
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles NSW Cup, Wyong Roos
Junior Club:
-
Biography:
The versatile Luke Garner remains with Wests Tigers in 2018 after joining the Club last year from the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. Capable of playing in the forwards or centres, Garner continued to put the team first last year playing out of position, but never shirked from his responsibilities at the same time, and will be a great asset for the Intrust Super Premiership side in 2018.
Career
Appearances
Tries

Tiger05

First Grade
Tali looks ordinary.

Drinkwater was great in patches and that is the sort of player he is in my opinion. He plays great but just doesn't play consistently throughout the game.

Fonua and Milne can stay in reserves. Fonua lost us that game. Milne was pretty poor again.

Garner, Sue and Grant were good.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Watching the races so didn't watch much of the game but Sue must be closed to being selection back in 1st grade.

Last edited:
Thoughts,
I agree Tigerm, based on that effort I would not have Gamble next week, gee Moses would look like a true 1st grader playing against Gamble.

However, his selection wouldn’t be based in the 1 game would it?

I also thought Siro went well today as well. If only Garner had some help trying to hold up and turn the ex Tiger for the last Roos try.

And the 1st grade squad in attendance, a good club thing and as Benji said, IC changing the culture.