Israel Folau

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by Meth, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Meth

Meth Referee

Nah he’d probably have bleeding heart liberals defending him though

2. 2_Smoking_Guns

2_Smoking_Guns First Grade

Because he's Muslim?

Meth likes this.
  3. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

Yeah a shame you have to make up crap.

4. Tommy Smith

Tommy Smith Coach

Remember when Mundine came out and said that gay people deserve the death penalty? There was barely a murmour from the media.

Contrast that to Folau and that wench Margaret Court's words.

Big difference. I'm genuinely curious as to why.

5. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Moderator Staff Member

Seems it got a wee bit of coverage.

upload_2018-5-19_14-39-19.png

Mind you. it was Mundine, so most sane people would just roll their eyes.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  6. Tommy Smith

Tommy Smith Coach

It got some coverage. But you must agree that it's received nowhere near as much as the Folau story.

But yes, it is hard to take Mundine seriously so that probably played a part too. Though we've found out that Izzy is an equally nutty religious whackjob so should probably be ignored all the same.

7. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

Nobody defended Mundine either though. He got castigated for a day or two then people moved on. I suspect largely because everyone these days just thinks he’s an attention seeking dick with a big mouth. He doesn’t currently play for a team, have sponsors to piss off or even lead a congregation and have a venue named after him like Court.

Re SBW, I think it’s a tad unfair to bring him up because the fact is whatever his beliefs on homosexuality are, he keeps them to himself. From what I’ve seen he treats his religion as something personal to guide him in life, and doesn’t seem to want to moralise about others in regards to it. Izzy, Mags, and Choc should take note.

AJB1102, RoosTah and Mr Spock! like this.
  8. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Moderator Staff Member

TBH I really haven't seen or read much of either, other than in these pages.

Mind you, it's not a story that in and of it's self is particularly interesting. "Man who yells at sky says crazy shit" Yeah, I'm shocked I tell's ya.

Mr Spock! and SpaceMonkey like this.
  9. RoosTah

RoosTah Juniors

Probably because he didn't keep banging on about it on social media after the initial controversy...

The other thing is Mundine is just a sad loud mouthed has-been now, whereas Folau is the face of Australian Rugby. It actually looked like the Folau thing was gonna die down, but the dickhead just doubled down.

There is another case that comes to mind though - that dickhead SBS soccer journo, Scott McIntyre who decided he'd use his SBS twitter account to call the ANZACs a bunch of rapists murders and war criminals.

For the record, that f**kwhit got sacked, and personally I didn't see anything wrong with that because he brought his employer into the firing line of an unnecessary public controversy by leveraging their branding and standing to make his dickish point.

So sure, you're entitled to your opinion, but if you're going to use the fame your employer has granted you to use it to spit in a bunch of people's faces, then your employer is within their rights to say "f**k you, you're fired".

The main difference between McIntyre and Folau is that McIntyre was a turd that SBS didn't need, whilst Rugby needs Folau. If Folau had spent the last 2 years getting worse and playing like shit, you can bet your ass they'd have used this as an excuse to cut him loose though. This has nothing to do with free speech - it's all leverage pure and simple.

Pantherjim. and Mr Spock! like this.
  10. 2_Smoking_Guns

2_Smoking_Guns First Grade

Mundane's outrageous comments always coincided with an upcoming fight. He's not as committed to his beliefs as the others mentioned here.