What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It begins... Peachey and Latu want out

Tronald Crump

Juniors
I am sceptical. Especially with the Mole's track record.
Peachey was linked to a mid season move to Souths & Manly last year. What happened? he extended his deal with us for a couple more years.

And didn't the Mole have us heavily linked to Adam Reynolds early last year?

Like I said sceptical.

Sime_11

Juniors
why cant we get rid of the props that we signed over this season rather than get rid of the ones we put time into..... id happily get rid of tamou and browne if we meant we had kept Matagi & Latimore - they dont compare as highly as Tamou, but they sure as shit had more ticker in them to keep going, not to mention the cap space to spread over our squad.....

i think Latu still has the potential to be something special, hopefully he's going nowhere.

franklin2323

Immortal
hahaha. The mole is never right

What team would Peachey start in. Teams lower then us only why would he leave in that case.

Again on the weekend he's defence was shown up when playing centre

Panther Mick

Juniors
I find the whole article preposterous.

There is not one quote from a player, agent, Gould etc. Just far fetched speculation.
If a player of Latu's calibre was shopped around you would think he would attract better interest than the Knights or the Warriors.

Bit of a coincidence The Mole who has a hard on for the Warriors, starts a rumour about one of our players going to them when we play them this week.

OldPanther

Coach
I find the whole article preposterous.

There is not one quote from a player, agent, Gould etc. Just far fetched speculation.
If a player of Latu's calibre was shopped around you would think he would attract better interest than the Knights or the Warriors.

Bit of a coincidence The Mole who has a hard on for the Warriors, starts a rumour about one of our players going to them when we play them this week.

I didn't know he liked them. Trying to sow discontent before the game maybe?

mxlegend99

Referee
hahaha. The mole is never right

What team would Peachey start in. Teams lower then us only why would he leave in that case.

Again on the weekend he's defence was shown up when playing centre
Melbourne Storm... hes a much better centre than Cheyse Blair. Even before the Bellamy factor

There are heaps of teams interested and he is better than atleast one of the centres at those clubs.

franklin2323

Immortal
Melbourne Storm... hes a much better centre than Cheyse Blair. Even before the Bellamy factor

There are heaps of teams interested and he is better than atleast one of the centres at those clubs.

He would not do well in the Storm structure nor would he get a start at Storm with his ordinary defence

mxlegend99

Referee
He would not do well in the Storm structure nor would he get a start at Storm with his ordinary defence
Did you ever see Cheyse Blair before he was at Storm? He was about the worst centre in the competition.

A good coach would fix his defensive issues... and make the most of his strengths. I know that is hard to imagine when our coach just picks the team and hopes for the best.

gUt

Coach
Would happily take both these blokes at the Broncos. I'll give the thoroughbreds a call.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Granted, it's the Mole, and you can't really trust his "mail" but I wouldn't be surprised if Peach was unhappy. I'm not saying he is, just that given the amount of shuffling around he's had to endure, and the lack of early ball the centres are getting, I can see how he COULD be frustrated.

chrisD

Coach
Griffin has moved away from variety in the forwards to standard one out stuff. If he hasn't told Latu directly to put the pass away then it's happened naturally as a result of Griffin's coaching. Latu was his old self in the test match. When he was effective he'd handle the ball twice as many times as he'd have hit ups, meaning he'd move it on half the time too. Now he's not a threat to pass defenders can just aim straight up on him and he was only ever average in contact. It would make sense he wants to move on, and probably it's the best move for his career.

Peachey is a second rower, we should be finding 50-60 minutes for him in the second row.

OldPanther

Coach
Griffin has moved away from variety in the forwards to standard one out stuff. If he hasn't told Latu directly to put the pass away then it's happened naturally as a result of Griffin's coaching. Latu was his old self in the test match. When he was effective he'd handle the ball twice as many times as he'd have hit ups, meaning he'd move it on half the time too. Now he's not a threat to pass defenders can just aim straight up on him and he was only ever average in contact. It would make sense he wants to move on, and probably it's the best move for his career.

Peachey is a second rower, we should be finding 50-60 minutes for him in the second row.

It looks to me like Latu is looking for the pass too much and forgetting he's a prop.

Bob

Juniors
It looks to me like Latu is looking for the pass too much and forgetting he's a prop.
He is, a couple of errors last night, his 30 minutes yielded 8 runs for 61 metres, 10 tackles for 3 missed + a couple of errors
He doesn't look fit for mine, if he wants to move on let him

Panther_Daz

Staff member
http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/18/...oin-the-hunt-for-penrith-forward-leilani-latu

Fair to say that Latu is as good as gone. I heard over the weekend that his weight is a massive issue. He had a poor pre-season too. Club has lost patience with him.

Look for Penrith to cut him loose and move Fisher-Harris permanently to the middle.

RCG, Tamou, Merrin, Fisher-Harris,McKendry, Browne, Leota and Clark still leaves us with enough middles. You also have the likes of Ellis and Hetherington that can play in the middle or on an edge.

I think Kikau should be moved to an edge as he can't handle the defensive workload in the middle. He is pretty devastating running at halves too.

Akuaola likely to be released too.

Latest posts