What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its 6pm F**K you NRL

6pm Friday Game Slot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hawkins

Juniors
I cannot get home in time for the game tonight. First round all year I'm not busy on a Friday night and I'll be home 6:30ish and have to watch the replay tomorrow morning.

Be less stupid in the future NRL.

Do your Pay TV boxes in Aus allow you to record a show, and then just start watching it from the start when you get home (while it's still recording?)

Or maybe you can whip out a good ol VCR!

adamkungl

Immortal
Do your Pay TV boxes in Aus allow you to record a show, and then just start watching it from the start when you get home (while it's still recording?)

Or maybe you can whip out a good ol VCR!

Yes, they do. Poor bloke will have to put his phone away for half an hour while he catches up :'(

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I don’t mind it but it’s taking some getting used to. I forget it’s on most of the time.

I think it’s more of an issue for crowd numbers.

NrlVader

Juniors
I cannot get home in time for the game tonight. First round all year I'm not busy on a Friday night and I'll be home 6:30ish and have to watch the replay tomorrow morning.

Be less stupid in the future NRL.

Knock off work, go to the local, grab a beer and a feed. Always a great night at 6pm with the NRL on at the local.

AJB1102

First Grade
Oh no mate bound to be match of the year too!

You obviously got Foxtel to be watching the game at all so hit the record button and watch it whenever you want.

big hit!

Bench
6pm friday is a f**king atrocious start time for a match.

better keep the networks happy i suppose, because eventually no one will be attending games....it seems to be heading that way and the NRL dont seem to care.

murdochs sky do the prem in england but you'll still have the bulk of matches aired at attendance friendly times.

here in Oz, it's a bit of an embarrassment to have 50k+ crowds regularly at AFL matches and the NRL have 70k empty seats at its major venue.

PaulyTom

Juniors
I personally like the 6pm. I have 2 young kids and the 815pm game is just way too late. By time I'm home it's 11pm.

The 6pm game is perfect. Home by 845pm. Kids have usually fallen asleep in the car ride home and I whack them straight in bed.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
6pm friday is a f**king atrocious start time for a match.

better keep the networks happy i suppose, because eventually no one will be attending games....it seems to be heading that way and the NRL dont seem to care.

murdochs sky do the prem in england but you'll still have the bulk of matches aired at attendance friendly times.

here in Oz, it's a bit of an embarrassment to have 50k+ crowds regularly at AFL matches and the NRL have 70k empty seats at its major venue.
Why do we have to keep comparing to other codes like that though? PL holds no relevance to us, completely different competition, geography etc.

AFL crowds being 50k+ is more often than not an outlier, similar to when we get crowds of 20k+ tbh.

Either way we're not on the AFL's scale - haven't been for a long time and doubt we will be. Time we stopped focusing on what they get and just work on simple growth for our game.

FWIW, I feel the Fri 6pm game so far (small sample size yes) is faring better crowd wise than MNF was. With good scheduling Fri 6pm can work in the right markets.

wittyfan

Referee
6pm is perfect to watch a game at the pub on the way home from work.

Genius by the NRL and Foxtel.

cleary89

Coach
Yup, has been the most watched game each week with my class of 30 9-12 year olds.

Kids love it. Teachers love it.

Clifferd

Coach
It's a shit time slot for me personally but Overall the crowds haven't been all that bad and I can't say I'm disappointed coming home straight to watch live footy

Wouldn't be able to make it to a game in time though unless I was knocked off early

NrlVader

Juniors
We get the radio and TV shows on around 5pm.

Get's things going as you are packing up the ute.

Get to the local and grab a beer and a steak at 6pm in front of the game.

Diesel

Referee
6 rounds in and thanks to the Sydney centric competition and broadcasters only acknowledging NSW time only it's the first time QLD gets the game at 6pm instead of 5pm

cleary89

Coach
6 rounds in and thanks to the Sydney centric competition and broadcasters only acknowledging NSW time only it's the first time QLD gets the game at 6pm instead of 5pm

Its not NSW/VIC/NZ fault QLD is stuck in the 1800's (and has people like Pauline).

Ace-STi

Juniors
6pm sucks for Sydney clubs and you want to see them play! But in saying that some crowds are OK - Dragons play Sharks in a few weeks 6pm game @ Kogarah and i believe this will have an crowd impact... I will prob take day off or leave early get down there early and have a couple of beers before hand!

NrlVader

Juniors
6pm sucks for Sydney clubs and you want to see them play! But in saying that some crowds are OK - Dragons play Sharks in a few weeks 6pm game @ Kogarah and i believe this will have an crowd impact... I will prob take day off or leave early get down there early and have a couple of beers before hand!

Works on the thinking that most knock off early but the TRAFFIC!

Latest posts