What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's NOT a mess

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Sometimes there is a changing of the guard. History shows this to be true.

Look at Parra and Bulldogs in the 80s.

Look at Saints in the 50s and 60s

Souths in the 60s and 70s.

Roosters in the early 2000s

I believe the changing of the guard is upon us again.

Roosters will be there, that's all.

Storm, Broncos and Cowboys no.

Their day has gone.

Usually, the changing of the guard isn't sudden.

SBD82

Coach
I know this thread is mainly just banter. But can we please not get too far ahead of ourselves?

I'd much rather be 5-0 than 0-5. But this club has taught me over the years to be very very cautious of false dawns.

ALSGI

Bench
I know this thread is mainly just banter. But can we please not get too far ahead of ourselves?

I'd much rather be 5-0 than 0-5. But this club has taught me over the years to be very very cautious of false dawns.
I get what you’re saying but nah.
We’ve all been here before and I wouldn’t hold back anyone enjoying the banter while it lasts, let alone appreciating a quality roster that 5 other teams/coaches have not been able to match so far.
5 from 5 is worth celebrating.
Another 5 from 5 is worth salivating over.

My passion for the Dragons is obvious to any clear thinking person (so you're excused).

My disdain towards the club's lack of professionalism (if this was a listed company, the shares would crash) and the associated coaching ineptitude is also evident. This justified disdain is a function of my passion.

You don't share that passion. You're a nominal supporter, satisfied with the mere appearance of success. I liken you to a church-goer without real faith. You feel good about your Sunday visit, you can tell people that you went to church, but it's just a charade.

And Mary is a nominal coach. Actually, the anti-coach. We will never experience glory under him.

Straight Shooter
So....I take it you believe yourself to be a church goer with real faith? Like Cardinal George Pell?

ouryears

Bench
No I'm talking about one of the disallowed tries mate.
Oh, that's what I meant.

The obstruction no try which was a try.

Then the other where they said there was no proof Nene got it down, so it was over ruled.

But I reckon it did touch the grass. I don't think there was evidence to over rule the ref.

Thankfully we didn't need either of them in the end.

Crush

Coach
Crush - it was a Mess !
But it aint anymore.
AlSGI The old "its a mess" statement that we had to endure for months on end from our mate that writes in blue text was referring to the recruitment and retention. Specifically Millward.
I disagree that it ever was a mess. There were some tough calls and some good players let go but all with vision and patience.
Hell, lucky I wasnt in charge of the job. I would have let Widdop go!
It never was a mess. Millward has done a great job IMO.

giboz71

First Grade
Well we lost Dugan, Packer and Milne last year whilst resigning Lafai and Widdop. And people started losing their shit and calling for Millward’s head.

Well Duges can’t even get on the park whilst Dufty been one of the form fullbacks in the comp. We replaced Packer with Graham which has finally given us the leader we needed. Lafai has been a big part of our great start whilst Milne got sacked from the Tigers.

Widdop will probably go close to winning the Dally M this year and Hunt (along with Graham) has been close to buy of the year.

Those calling for Millward’s head were kidding themselves surely??

league

Juniors
I'll gladly cop it if I'm wrong but this is anything but a false dawn. We are a proper team this year, recruitment has been done perfectly by Milward and co, we have a world class half back guiding us around and a monster pack. Our backline is underrated. Credit where credit is due. Only injuries can stop us from a top 4 spot.

Drag Queen

Bench
Oh, that's what I meant.

The obstruction no try which was a try.

Then the other where they said there was no proof Nene got it down, so it was over ruled.

But I reckon it did touch the grass. I don't think there was evidence to over rule the ref.

Thankfully we didn't need either of them in the end.
It was the obstruction try that was ruled no try that pissed me off. The other one, when looked at by all angles, didn't convince me he got over the line.

ouryears

Bench
Well we lost Dugan, Packer and Milne last year whilst resigning Lafai and Widdop. And people started losing their shit and calling for Millward’s head.

Well Duges can’t even get on the park whilst Dufty been one of the form fullbacks in the comp. We replaced Packer with Graham which has finally given us the leader we needed. Lafai has been a big part of our great start whilst Milne got sacked from the Tigers.

Widdop will probably go close to winning the Dally M this year and Hunt (along with Graham) has been close to buy of the year.

Those calling for Millward’s head were kidding themselves surely??

Early days buddy

AlSGI
I disagree that it ever was a mess.

It never was a mess.

Crush, please tell me:
1. How many semi matches the Dragons have played since 2012;
2. How many of those matches in 1 above we won;
3. Given 1 and 2 above, how you consider there is no mess?

Straight Shooter

Latest posts