What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Official-The Windies Have Lost It

Anonymous

Juniors
Having had Ridley Jacobs and Carlton Baugh in their squads for the last 18 months without even the mention of another keeper, they've axed them both and called up Courtney Browne (who hasn't played international cricket in over three years) from nowhere.

Also Wavell Hinds who has been nowhere for years has been recalled out of the blue.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ridley Jacobs has held the team together for so long with his passion

I remmeber him opening the batting in ODIs

getting on a bit, I know, but they need him.

Iafeta

Referee
Didn't Carlton Baugh smash a big ton in his last game for the Windies against an English county? Ouch, thats gotta hurt. Onya Windies.

Craig

Juniors
Timbo said:
Having had Ridley Jacobs and Carlton Baugh in their squads for the last 18 months without even the mention of another keeper, they've axed them both and called up Courtney Browne (who hasn't played international cricket in over three years) from nowhere.

Also Wavell Hinds who has been nowhere for years has been recalled out of the blue.

He was on the West Indies tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa last season so he hasn't disappeared off the face of the earth.

He even opened the bowling in one of the Tests v Zimbabwe.

sanjane

Juniors
Timbo, you're wrong abt Wavell,man. He's been injured for a very long time, and then, along with marlon samuels, was asked to prove his match fitness. now, wavell's done that, marlon apparently hasn't despite being in terrific form. ...

Browne's in there to put pressure on Lara as far as captaincy is concerned..lara now knows theres sars and browne breathing down his neck....Why dont the windies try chanderpaul???i guess we will never know...

i was surprised they recalled Dillon instead of Colleymore, and i think Jacobs will like being seen as predominantly a test player...hopefully lengthens his career..We all know Baugh's not really up to it.

Anonymous

Juniors
Don't get me wrong I've always rated Wavell Hinds, I just thought they'd axed him, if he was injured then my mistake.

And Browne for skipper? Wow wouldn't that be an incredibly bizzarre move having been out of the side for three years?

Craig

Juniors
Browne isn't up to it keeping or batting, and of course is the man who dropped Steve Waugh in 1995 when Waugh made his 200 and Lara is apparently still captain.

Anonymous

Juniors
Their Under 21 keeper is a gun bat and a bloody good keeper apparently. Also the captain.

Don't be surprised to see him get a call up in the future...