What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITS OFFICIAL!

Maxwell

Juniors
At seasons end regardless of where we finish 8th, 9th or 12th Mr Doust and board will do a season review . After last game win or lose Mary McNugget will say we will use this season as a learning season. We will learn from our mistakes and start fresh next year with a better attitude. I just wonder with 2 rounds to go will he do a Steve Price and go into a camp down the coast and after the last game cancel Mad Monday and start training for next year Pricey did and Mary's copying the f**king idiots plans and playing the same style. And as for putting Head as coach that would be like throwing the baby out with the water. We have to go outside the club to get a coach, some one who has no links to the dragons ( no old boys club) . Even Freddie Fittler would be a godsend , even the Professor from 2nd year syndrome on fox would be better than Mary McStuff it . ....

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Now, all that is hypothetical but we actually do not control our own destiny right this minute.
We did before the Souths game but not now.

If Saints win 4/4 (which includes the Panthers game) then Saints are in the 8 therefore destiny is in their hands. The end up on 32 points. Canberra's max is 30 if they win all their games and Panthers is 32 if they win 3 of the 4 (losing to Saints that is). They will be equal with Saints on 32. Saints currently have 20 pts more than Panthers in for and against at the moment. Panthers also play Cowboys and Raiders. Unless they flog those 2 Saints will make the 8. If Saints were not playing Panthers then destiny is not in their hands but the fact that they are will bring them equal if they beat them. Am I missing something here? It is not over.

By the way I am not expecting Saints to make the 8 just clarifying that their destiny is still in their hands.

Dragsters

First Grade
Spot on Slippery.

The fact that it is imperative that we win all remaining games should be enough incentive to put in a full 80 minute effort each and every week now.

Do this and if good enough we will get a crack at the finals, don't do it and miss out.

Simple equation reaĺly...

At seasons end regardless of where we finish 8th, 9th or 12th Mr Doust and board will do a season review . After last game win or lose Mary McNugget will say we will use this season as a learning season. We will learn from our mistakes and start fresh next year with a better attitude. I just wonder with 2 rounds to go will he do a Steve Price and go into a camp down the coast and after the last game cancel Mad Monday and start training for next year Pricey did and Mary's copying the f**king idiots plans and playing the same style. And as for putting Head as coach that would be like throwing the baby out with the water. We have to go outside the club to get a coach, some one who has no links to the dragons ( no old boys club) . Even Freddie Fittler would be a godsend , even the Professor from 2nd year syndrome on fox would be better than Mary McStuff it . ....
If Saints win 4/4 (which includes the Panthers game) then Saints are in the 8 therefore destiny is in their hands. The end up on 32 points. Canberra's max is 30 if they win all their games and Panthers is 32 if they win 3 of the 4 (losing to Saints that is). They will be equal with Saints on 32. Saints currently have 20 pts more than Panthers in for and against at the moment. Panthers also play Cowboys and Raiders. Unless they flog those 2 Saints will make the 8. If Saints were not playing Panthers then destiny is not in their hands but the fact that they are will bring them equal if they beat them. Am I missing something here? It is not over.

By the way I am not expecting Saints to make the 8 just clarifying that their destiny is still in their hands.
If Penrith win 3/4 and win handsomely and we win 4/4 and win by tight margins, they (hypothetically) can finish on the same points as us (32) and still have a superior points differential.
Therefore, until something else happens, we do not have our destiny in our hands.
Hope I am explaining it clearly. I know it's hard to even contemplate but it's true.

If Penrith win 3/4 and win handsomely and we win 4/4 and win by tight margins, they (hypothetically) can finish on the same points as us (32) and still have a superior points differential.
Therefore, until something else happens, we do not have our destiny in our hands.
Hope I am explaining it clearly. I know it's hard to even contemplate but it's true.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Hope I am explaining it clearly. I know it's hard to even contemplate but it's true.[/QUOTe anything's possable let's just see if we can at least have a serious crack that's all I want.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Nice to see sailor signed up for a couple of more years .seems we are in a good position money wise room for at least 3 more

Slippery Morris

First Grade

So Dennis if Saints win by big margins all 4 games then they are in the 8. Destiny is in their hands which is my point. Saints having Titans and Dogs is a better run than Panthers who have all games against teams playing for top 8. You are making it sound like Saints have no chance but to rely on other teams results when in fact Saints need to win 4 games by healthy margins and not give a rats ar$e if the others win or lose. All this for nothing as Saints will probably lose on Saturday.

So Dennis if Saints win by big margins all 4 games then they are in the 8. Destiny is in their hands which is my point. Saints having Titans and Dogs is a better run than Panthers who have all games against teams playing for top 8. You are making it sound like Saints have no chance but to rely on other teams results when in fact Saints need to win 4 games by healthy margins and not give a rats ar$e if the others win or lose. All this for nothing as Saints will probably lose on Saturday.

I would be happier with the Panthers run home.
We play alright against teams in the 8, it's the ones on the bottom of the ladder we struggle against.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Wouldn't it be great to play our last game v Bullgrubs at home instead of ANZ? Imagine the scenario where it's a must win game to make the 8 and we lose by 1-2 points?!

Is the $100K (?) guaranteed payment from ANZ worth missing out on the 8? We play at Kogarah and I think we're a strong chance of winning.

In Doust we trust. To fail and go broke...

Wouldn't it be great to play our last game v Bullgrubs at home instead of ANZ? Imagine the scenario where it's a must win game to make the 8 and we lose by 1-2 points?!

Is the $100K (?) guaranteed payment from ANZ worth missing out on the 8? We play at Kogarah and I think we're a strong chance of winning.

In Doust we trust. To fail and go broke...

Oh wouldn't that be just perfect, playing for a spot in the eight in front of 8000 Puppies supporters at ANZ or 16000 Dragons supporters at Kogarah.

I know which one I'd choose, I also know which one Peter Douche chose.

Your right - win all games with a better for and against and it doesn't matter what the others do.
They definitely have a slugger's chance if they pull their finger out.

Latest posts