What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITS OFFICIAL

dimitri

First Grade
cronulla are the dirtiest team in the comp

according to the daily telegraph today

forget about scum supporters talking shit about the dragons and calling our players thugs

we all know where the thugs are

its official

:!: :!: :!: :!:

Anonymous

Juniors
Well we knew that. Beattie and Bird are prime examples.
Good to have you back in the Saints forum dimitri... you should post here more often. ;-)

dimitri

First Grade
great to be back

uni has been a real bitch lately

it feels like ive been kneed to the head a few times

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Apparently The Scum have to behave like alcoholics & admit they have a problem, according to their coach, Son-Of-Immortal.

Well, they'd know all about alcohol down there at Shark Park, wouldn't they??

Cheers,
Ben S.

Jimbo

Immortal
I've heard we're looking to hire Lance Thompson as a consultant...

Conceding penalties means that you are undisciplined. Regular suspensions over knee lifting (Smith), kneeing both Johns brothers out of the game in consecutive weeks (Bailey), regular suspensions for high tackles (Ryles), consecutive send-offs for cheap, late, high shots (Riddell) and beating up your team 'mates' in the carpark (Thompson) are the acts of thugs.

That glass house you blokes live in is looking a bit second-hand...

Anonymous

Juniors
Old news Jimbo. Try and keep up.
I think Sharks are the last mob who should be preaching about discipline.

Jimbo

Immortal
I just said we had a problem with discipline. Does flopping on players in tackes and not being back the ten make you a thug?

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
I just said we had a problem with discipline.
No you didnt.

Jimbo said:
Does flopping on players in tackes and not being back the ten make you a thug?
I have no idea what you're talikng about. Thats happens every week in every match.
What we're talking about here is a club which has players kneeing their opponents in the face and tripping.... all in the same match. Cowardly stuff.

Every club has its hot heads. But this has not been a good week for the Sharks. At the moment, your mob are at the bottom of the heap.

Jimbo

Immortal
Okay, I'll make it clearer for you. We have a woeful discipline record, resulting in a high number of penalties conceded. As reported in the paper, and incorrectly interpreted by Dimitri.

:roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
This must be ripping you to bits Jimbo.
I dont believe you were very clear at all. In its full context, you made a post which said: "Conceding penalties means that you are undisciplined..." and followed it up with a history of St George's record at the judiciary. You're either a very poor writer or someone who makes up things as he goes along.

But thats OK, being wrong it part of your persona.

Lets gets to the crux of the issue shall we? What's going on with a club that has players tripping and going with the knees? IMO, its because they are lazy and frustrated.

Is it the coach's fault? Or does the fish stink from the head down?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Son-Of-Immortal must be finding it a lot harder in Australia, now that he's left the "winning culture" of Wigan for the "Shire Madness" of last Saturday night...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Jimbo

Immortal
Rightio then Willow, lets start from the beginning then. I'll type slowly for you, and try not to use any big words...

I haven't seen the Tele today, but I'm sure the crux of the article Dimitri referred to relates to our high penalty count in the four games we've played this year. It cost us two points against the Bulldogs, and was a major factor in our loss last weekend. We recognise that we have a discipline problem, and so does our coach. This has been recognised both in our forum and elsewhere, or coach recognises the problem and is resolving it.

Dimitri however, has taken the article way out of context, by suggesting that our players are thugs because of this. My answer makes a clear distinction between conceding penalties. My reference to Bailey, Thompson, Smith, Riddell, Ryles et al merely shows a few examples of what I would call thuggery, as opposed to mere poor discipline.

Bird is an idiot and will rightly pay for what he's done, but to suggest his actions are evidence of a thug culture is extremely hypocritical, especially considering your club's judiciary record.

Perhaps you can tell me what you think I have 'made up as I go along?'

Godz Illa

Coach
Careful you don't swallow that tripe, Jimbo, it may cause indigestion.

The facts are these:
Most penalties conceded after 4 rounds: Cronulla 45, Manly 42
Most send offs 2003-2004: Cronulla 4, ALL OTHER CLUBS 2

Cronulla have double the number of send-offs than all the other clubs combined.

Conclusion: Thuggery is rife at the Scum, possibly due to frustration at own ineptitude.

LOL, Godz Illa. Great name, dumb post.

You don't seem to understand the difference between indiscipline and thuggery.

Indiscipline is flopping on tackled players, backchatting, not retreating 10 metres, dodgy play-the-balls. Cronulla have a lot of those, hence the high number of penalties we give away.

Thuggery is ...
Jimbo said:
knee lifting (Smith), kneeing both Johns brothers out of the game in consecutive weeks (Bailey), regular suspensions for high tackles (Ryles), consecutive send-offs for cheap, late, high shots (Riddell) and beating up your team 'mates' in the carpark (Thompson)

...and, yes, kneeing opponents in the face (Bird).

As a club, we are at least facing up to our problem and trying to fix it.

Jimbo

Immortal
Don't waste too much time on them Dean. It's like teaching astrophysics to a kindergarten class...

Anonymous

Juniors
Before now, I wasn't aware that blinkered numbness was a prerequisiste to being a Sharks supporter.

Did Godz Illa's figures say anything to you guys?

The history of thuggery is shared amongst all clubs. I'm sure I can drag a few skeletons out of the Shark's closet as well.

Bringing up Thompson's punch up up with Hart is a low thing to say and has nothing to do with the player's on-field discipline.

Latest posts