What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary One Step Away from the Dragons!!

RedVDragon

Juniors
Excellent news. I am concerned by what Kent states the job is there if he wants it. What is our incompetent board doing to convince him this is the job for him.

Saint or sinner

Juniors
Saw it too ..great news think it will happen ...has to really after such bad years since we won comp...hope he brings his son with him...things starting to look up ..at dragons..he will attract player as well as give our juniors a go so they don't go elsewhere:clock1130::thumbsup::thumbsup::rugby_football::rugby_football:

St Georgio

Juniors
I think its fair to say that no matter what happens over the next week or so, our team will have a new coach..to much social media drive going against Mary, which unfortunately is warranted, my tip will Cleary, with JD a slight chance, In a perfect scenario JD remains in current position under Cleary for a few years then takes over in the future, unless Cleary has tremendous success with us JD moves on to coach another NRL team.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I think its fair to say that no matter what happens over the next week or so, our team will have a new coach..to much social media drive going against Mary, which unfortunately is warranted, my tip will Cleary, with JD a slight chance, In a perfect scenario JD remains in current position under Cleary for a few years then takes over in the future, unless Cleary has tremendous success with us JD moves on to coach another NRL team.
The perfect scenario would be Ivan Cleary as Head Coach with JD as his assistant and right hand man.
Hornby and Young to Cutters and Mary to Siberia as there are no outside influences.

BennyV

Referee
If we do sign Cleary, I can't see Nathan coming with him. Not in the short term anyway.

Would definitely still be a good insight into Panther's juniors though. Dylan Edwards and Tyrone May would be next in line...

emack

Juniors
The perfect scenario would be Ivan Cleary as Head Coach with JD as his assistant and right hand man.
Hornby and Young to Cutters and Mary to Siberia as there are no outside influences.
Totally agree with your post.....................but could you please tell me what you have against Siberia?? Hahaha...........sorry, just had to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
If Doust pulls this off and lets Cleary have full control over the side i.e recruitment, staff etc.. Then he may have regained my trust.
This is an opportunity to start over and do it right. I refuse to accept Mary being anywhere near the squad having any sort of influence. As much as Mary seems like a nice bloke and is completely a club legend, he needs to move on graciously and find another job.

Mr Red

First Grade

Hornby and young should go back to coaching under 16/18 at this stage of their career.
Cutters need some one more capable...
Once again ask yourself at what other club would Hornby or young get an assistant coach gig..... Zero would be my answer.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Sorry to be a wet nappy here but it kind of shows how bad things are at the club at the moment that we are so excited at the prospect of signing a coach who's yet to even win a premiership.

I think it's definitely a step in the right direction (if true) but not convinced that Cleary is the messiah just yet.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gents please , let's not get ahead of ourselves on this .
Let's wait until he signs , if he signs .

We don't want to go through the same disappointment that we did throughout the season
with other ' Media induced ' Dragon signings .

Latest posts