What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J Roberts

Titanic

First Grade
Just to get it started:

1. Titans throw Roberts a lifeline - a win win for both desperate parties.
2. Roberts signs up-graded contract - a reward for glimpses of brilliance.
3. Voted an arguably fortuitous Centre of the Year - not based on his stamina or defence.
4. Discovers contract rort.
5. Club sacks rorter but CEO who was on watch stays.
6. Appoints uncle as management.
7. Roberts assures club he wants to stay.
8. Rejects up-grade of already up-graded contract.
9. Said CEO lamely lets player go.
10. Players and diminishing fan-base in up-roar over Roberts disloyalty and CEO's continued ineptitude.

AJB1102

First Grade
With the Sharks seeming to have pulled their socks up somewhat, it is nice of the Titans to put up some competition and challenge the Eels and Tigers for 'Clusterf**k Admin of The Year'.

Greg Bird dishing out moral advice is a pisser too. God love Rugby League.

Feel bad for you guys, Roberts was a live wire and because he was so great to watch he put bums on seats. I watched Titans games just for him.

I liked it when you guys were a strong team back from 07-10. Hopefully you can get back to that with your young halves pairing.

gyallop

Juniors
and the contract rort was in his favour wasn't it? Didn't he actually sign the contract without the SOO bonus so he has was obviously happy with his deal. Sure the NRL had to rule the contract as registered was a problem so why not say as he signed the contract without that clause they will re-register the contract without the clause?
one decent year and all James past sins are forgotten and now he pulls this morally poor stunt...punted by Souths in 13 punted by Panthers in 14 and Titans give him a shot when no one will touch him and then manages to get arrested , maybe we need the AFL 3 strike rule. Does our game really need to keep giving blokes repeated chances??

Jason Maher

Immortal
You poor bastards can't catch a break. The ultimate insult would be if he winds up at your next door neighbours.

TBH I don't care if he ends up at the Broncos because if we was frustrated at the Titans with Henry's stricter training and behaviour standards this year he is in for a huge shocked when he goes to the Broncos. Bennett will not allow him to step out of line at all. He's just getting poor advice and it smells of Mundine.

As for our recruitment and the clubs stance on not paying overs is a true reflection on the actual damage the DCE contract caused. We are gun shy when it comes to big offers , however I believe that this mentality needs to change very quickly. The players we currently have can do a good job for us but we just need a few handy additions. If our halves stay healthy we are in with a good chance next year so I see positives in next year.

Also those that think that we will miss Myles they are sorely mistaken. He gave away more penalties than most other Titans and only played 4 good games a year. The game before Origin and the 3 Origin games.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It would be funny if he got punted from the Broncos for another alcohol offense. Then the Titans can offer him a stick of celery to play.

Either way, Titans weren't going to do much this year. Just really trying to get those young guys with games under there belts and hopefully don't break them. Then sign some complementary players for next season.

Lethal25

Juniors
Fact is he's going to earn more elsewhere. Of course he'll talk about what's best for his football and then take the biggest offer.