What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

mickeylane

Bench
Slippery we bought a half back, while bird is a sensational player , we bought exactly what we needed. I highly doubt that figure is what he is actually going to get I reckon you could add a nice little tpa to that number.
Im glad to say that Dragons ended up on the right side of the ledger by securing Hunt - they lose hunt and get Bird....Broncos worse off in 2018!!

possm

Coach
Bennett knows what he's doing. Bird will train at five-eighth in the off season and in the trials. But in my opinion, at season's start Bennett will make the following changes:
Milford to fullback
Boyd to five-eighth
Nikarima to halfback
Bird to lock

In making these changes Bennett has solved the Broncos attacking problems.

Old Timer

Coach
satisfied now to know that he went for a measly $700K per season!
News said close to $4m including TPA's and bonus' so get your facts right
How do you think we could match anything remotely like that?
Broncos will sign bugger all else for next season and they always rort the system
Anyway they're welcome to him and don't be surprised if he duds them down the track and wants to come back to Sydney

possm

Coach
The TPA scheme was designed to give the richer clubs and advantage. When the other clubs find a way to employ the TPA scheme, the NRL will step in either scrap it or bring in some changes that will again restrict TPA's to the richer clubs.

DJShaksta

First Grade
If Bird runs out without the 1 or 6 jersey I can see him having a hissy fit after a few games.
I can't wait lol

possm

Coach
Yes it will be interesting to see which jumper he runs out wearing. Although Bird has surprised most of us with his rise in fame since leaving the Club. I'm sure Mary and others saw him as a junior with lots of potential but not yet ready for first grade.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
News said close to $4m including TPA's and bonus' so get your facts right
How do you think we could match anything remotely like that?
Broncos will sign bugger all else for next season and they always rort the system
Anyway they're welcome to him and don't be surprised if he duds them down the track and wants to come back to Sydney
I wouldnt be at all surprised OT if Bird ends up in the centres and Roberts get shafted

Red V for life

Juniors
I do feel for the Knights. That's a signing they could've done with.

They threw everything including the kitchen sink at him, "negotiations" seemed to go on forever (or maybe it just felt that long given the air time it got), they would've felt reasonably comfortable they'd land their man and then...WHOOSKA, one of the usual suspects swoops in with a better offer at the death.

Sound familiar?

And just to be cynical, I'd bet my left nut that very little will be off the cap.

I do feel for the Knights. That's a signing they could've done with.

They threw everything including the kitchen sink at him, "negotiations" seemed to go on forever (or maybe it just felt that long given the air time it got), they would've felt reasonably comfortable they'd land their man and then...WHOOSKA, one of the usual suspects swoops in with a better offer at the death.

Sound familiar?

And just to be cynical, I'd bet my left nut that very little will be off the cap.
I would have still liked the kid next year if with the knights. Not those stinking donkeys though

John moz

Juniors
Sucked in sharks for signing him last year on a 1 year deal .Start looking at your juniors he wasn't a shark in the first place.He left for a strong club and a super coach with plenty of history.

Sucked in sharks for signing him last year on a 1 year deal .Start looking at your juniors he wasn't a shark in the first place.He left for a strong club and a super coach with plenty of history.
Really?

Like, REALLY?

He wouldn't sign any longer (like many other players) waiting for the cap to increase.

All we lost is a right centre. All we need is a right centre. Don't get me wrong the kid is a great natural talent, but if he wants to be something he isn't (5/8), do it somewhere else because at 5/8 he isn't worthy of wiping Maloney's arse.

Oh and yes, he left Dragons Why?

Think about it, throwing toys out the cot seems very apt as DJ said earlier.