What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Jack "Show me the money" Bird
Rugby League is a business, he has taken the approach of the highest bidder gets him...

Okman

Juniors
Nothing wrong with chasing the money in a game where your days are limited

I admire Bird for having the balls to say that it's money based

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I do feel for the Knights. That's a signing they could've done with.

They threw everything including the kitchen sink at him, "negotiations" seemed to go on forever (or maybe it just felt that long given the air time it got), they would've felt reasonably comfortable they'd land their man and then...WHOOSKA, one of the usual suspects swoops in with a better offer at the death.

Sound familiar?

And just to be cynical, I'd bet my left nut that very little will be off th
If Bird runs out without the 1 or 6 jersey I can see him having a hissy fit after a few games.
I can't wait lol
Well now we can all sit back and watch how it all pans out.
Yes Possum I agree we need to stop the talk re Bird (myself included) and concentrate and rejoice in the fact we are leading the comp.....and besides if we arnt travelling as well by say round 12 we can always revert back to Jack then

possm

Coach
Yep! Let's hope that in the not too distant future, the NRL re-design the TPA scheme to make it more transparent and fair to ALL clubs.

I'm just glad they didn't include special treatment like home visits for massages, instead of the turd attending team sessions.

Things coming out now are like WTF. Flanno is lucky this crap didn't tear his team apart.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
There's news today that Brisbane are affronted Cronulla had the temerity to announce Bird was leaving that particular club yesterday.

This disquiet coming from the Broncos is slightly amusing considering it had no qualms parading a young Anthony Mundine at a press conference 20-years ago, resplendid with a birthday cake and a football jumper while STILL being contracted to St. George.

Additionally, this was the same club that also actually encouraged Gorden Tallis to renege on a VALID contract with the Dragons around the same period. From memory, Tallis was the miscreant who 'presented' Mundine with his cake and new playing jersey while a laughing, adoring, and approving Wayne Bennett looked on.

This poor, miserable, narcissistic excuse of a football club has just set a new low benchmark in hypocrisy.

possm

Coach
Yes all bad form. I'd like to see a transfer window between 1 Nov to 31 January be brought in. No matter how inconvenient this may be to some players and managers, I see it as a move in the right directions mainly because it would eliminate in season dramas.

Reactions: Qdf

possm

Coach
There's news today that Brisbane are affronted Cronulla had the temerity to announce Bird was leaving that particular club yesterday.

This disquiet coming from the Broncos is slightly amusing considering it had no qualms parading a young Anthony Mundine at a press conference 20-years ago, resplendid with a birthday cake and a football jumper while STILL being contracted to St. George.

Additionally, this was the same club that also actually encouraged Gorden Tallis to renege on a VALID contract with the Dragons around the same period. From memory, Tallis was the miscreant who 'presented' Mundine with his cake and new playing jersey while a laughing, adoring, and approving Wayne Bennett looked on.

This poor, miserable, narcissistic excuse of a football club has just set a new low benchmark in hypocrisy.
Talk about double standards, the Broncos sure are a good example of double standards.