What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Why didn't we just offer Bird the guaranteed first grade spot he was after?

The Sharks/Flanagan did and he decided to leave us...
Because Benji said that Aitken was the next big thing and the idiot management believed him and told Bird no guarantees on a first grade spot as we already had the next big thing.
That's why

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Why didn't we just offer Bird the guaranteed first grade spot he was after?

The Sharks/Flanagan did and he decided to leave us...

If only indeed. Another call by McGregor which no one can deny turned out pretty bad for the Dragons and Bird and the Sharks have a premiership now as we battle for the spoon. Aaaaaargh!

blacksafake

First Grade
Herein lies the biggest issue.
Birds mgmt is waiting (speculated) for both Knights and Dragons and of course Sharks.
So, its $$$ not club that's his focus.
Gone are the days of playing for prestige and history and you can't blame these youngsters either, football is only short term, they need to secure their futures beyond the footy
He stated on tv the other night that the dream of all young players is to get as much money as possible & who could blame him.The knights have supposedly offered him a mil? so they are probably the front runners.Looks like Browny is banking on Ponga & Bird.

giboz71

First Grade
He stated on tv the other night that the dream of all young players is to get as much money as possible & who could blame him.The knights have supposedly offered him a mil? so they are probably the front runners.Looks like Browny is banking on Ponga & Bird.

It's a good strategy. 1 star player isn't enough these days. It's why the Storm have been successful all these years, built their success on their big 3.

We kinda tried the same thing with Duges, Benji and Widdop. Looked good on paper, but has failed pretty spectacularly with Mary at the helm.

Reactions: Qdf

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So Saints in theory are chasing Bird and Josh Reynolds. WOW...Imagine them 2 together in the 1 side. The morale would be a treat if they lost a game or a player made an error. NOT

Thought I'd post this here for you people. This is Jack Birds mother on Farcebook yesterday :

"Ha ha funny you say that! When JB was deciding what club to go to when he had quite a few to choose from , Cronulla was the one offering the least
1f4b2.png
1f4b2.png

He choose the Sharks as it was a club that hadn't one a GF was on the very bottom of the ladder for a few years and didn't want to go to a club that was a winning team , so people wouldn't say he only went to blah blah cause they're a good team
I think I lot of people don't really know him or what Jack is like, he is a normal down to earth young man and he will do what is best for him , he loves the Sharks and his teammates are some of his best mates
So to answer you : yes they came 5th in 2015, and won last year so he never came to a winning club , but since Jack has gone to Sharks they have become a winning club
1f603.png
"

True_Believer

Juniors
Thought I'd post this here for you people. This is Jack Birds mother on Farcebook yesterday :

"Ha ha funny you say that! When JB was deciding what club to go to when he had quite a few to choose from , Cronulla was the one offering the least
1f4b2.png
1f4b2.png

He choose the Sharks as it was a club that hadn't one a GF was on the very bottom of the ladder for a few years and didn't want to go to a club that was a winning team , so people wouldn't say he only went to blah blah cause they're a good team
I think I lot of people don't really know him or what Jack is like, he is a normal down to earth young man and he will do what is best for him , he loves the Sharks and his teammates are some of his best mates
So to answer you : yes they came 5th in 2015, and won last year so he never came to a winning club , but since Jack has gone to Sharks they have become a winning club
1f603.png
"

Sounds like the whole family is full of themselves. Come on guys give it a rest FFS - drop the whole Jack Bird pipe dream already.

possm

Coach
Wankers or not, Bird is a good footballer. If we can sign him we should because he will add to the talent of our team. It's been reported that Newcastle have offered him 1m. If that's the case then I'm sure we won't be buying him if he wants us to match or better that price.

I'd say the Dragons would pay up to 800k for Bird. A great price but maybe not enough.

FlameThrower

Bench
Wankers or not, Bird is a good footballer. If we can sign him we should because he will add to the talent of our team. It's been reported that Newcastle have offered him 1m. If that's the case then I'm sure we won't be buying him if he wants us to match or better that price.

I'd say the Dragons would pay up to 800k for Bird. A great price but maybe not enough.
Ch9 reported Knights offering $1M per year deal...

John moz

Juniors
Bird is not worth a million dragons have made a offer and no 6 he will play around with media like a egg head and he will stay with the fish fingers. No brains the guy is a dragons junior also lives in wollongong they offer him a long term position no 6 and still has no idea what he wants.

possm

Coach
If he took the Newcastle deal it would make him one of the highest paid young players in the NRL.