What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

Inferno

Coach
I'm not worried, we'll get him back in 2 years time with the Donkeys picking up 1/3 of his freight.

He won't last up there.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
That whole interview was riddled with contradiction and inconsistency. Much like his form this year. He really just needs to come out and say I did it for the money.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Wonder if his good mate Duges was in his ear saying "too good an offer to refuse Jack......you da'man"......before taking his spot at the premiers.

Meh, typical journo flogging the proverbial to whip up any semi-senational implication he can. Bird never said a negative word about the club or anybody involved with the club, including Flanno. Probably naive, but even then there's no context to judge that against.

cb4

First Grade
He has never said anything bad or negative, but publicly broadcasting that your new coach will make you a better person and a better footballer is a sly stab at your current coach.
The same current coach that welcomed him with open arms when he ran from the Dragons after they didn't want to pay him.
The same coach that gave him a first grade debut, got him an Origin debut, got him a Premiership.

The same coach that made him a footballer that was able to sign a contract worth 1.2 Million Dollars a year.
I don't be-grudge him leaving, I respect athletes as they have a very short career without many prospects outside of the game after it.
But he just needs to keep it quiet and let his football do the talking, because IMO, he is very lucky to be playing Origin this year.

MilkShark

First Grade
Meh, typical journo flogging the proverbial to whip up any semi-senational implication he can. Bird never said a negative word about the club or anybody involved with the club, including Flanno. Probably naive, but even then there's no context to judge that against.
Indirectly he did.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
The Maloney contact 'stories' are the perfect example of this...he hasn't even hinted that he's unhappy or wants a release, but they twist and embellish and come up with their own version of the truth. Fake news.

The Maloney contact 'stories' are the perfect example of this...he hasn't even hinted that he's unhappy or wants a release, but they twist and embellish and come up with their own version of the truth. Fake news.

either fake news or disruptive fake news, media people with not just personal agendas but acting as invisible stakeholders and lobbyists for other clubs,. Konspiracy Theoree 101.

As for Creeping Jesus and his coaching supposive coaching abilities, we all know he enjoyed his greatest successes with virtually a State full of players to recruit from, when Brisbane was a one state football team. I think Bennett's greatest challenge came at Newcastle where the results weren't exactly spectacular and he did a bunk on them in the end to return to the comfort zone of Brisbane.

sharknows

Bench
I have a feeling Bird is pissing his career down the drain going to the Broncos. He won't have anything near the support group & minders he has here....hope he enjoys the money because I think that's all he will enjoy.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Good on him. Can't knock the bloke for sorting out his future. GF champion as a Shark, we'll all always have that great memory. Good luck in Brisbane, just don't go too well for those merkins!

coolumsharkie

Referee
The amount of salt in this thread rivals the dead sea.

I've got no problem with him leaving, considering we've replaced him with an even better footballer in Dugan. While he plays with the Sharks though I'd like him to shut his dopey sounding mouth. It's obvious to me he's got a bit of an inflated ego, which should be curtailed till the off season.