What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
If he had signed with Newcastle he would have been our starting 5/8 and playing in the halves with Pearce which is a far better match than with Milford. I really belive he would be playing better footy if he was here. It makes no sense having him in the halves with Milford and he clearly looks unhappy. Such a shame he ended up in Brisbane

SBD82

Coach
Not really, he started his career as an edge forward and was not nearly as effective. Taumalolo isn't worth that money if he's not making 15 hit ups and 150m+ per game, at that point he's not really a centre anymore
I agree that it's an absurd notion, but don't good centres take 15 hitups a game (including the dummy half scoots) and make 150m?

*disclaimer* I couldn't be f**ked looking up the stats.

aqua_duck

Coach
I agree that it's an absurd notion, but don't good centres take 15 hitups a game (including the dummy half scoots) and make 150m?

*disclaimer* I couldn't be f**ked looking up the stats.
Bit less on average but quite a few of their runs and metres are running the ball out wide trying to beat defenders one on one not bashing it through the middle

David brown

Juniors
I dont know why they're hiding the fact the he has been dropped, we all know the merkin isn't Nrl standard atm... He needs the run in Q cup against some plodders get some confidence up. Its pretty weird he has been in such horrible form compared to his Sharks day. Being a fat merkin doesn't help, maybe not fitting into the Brisbane lifestyle.. Cant see him being at the Broncos on that money next year if this shit continues ..

David brown

Juniors
If he had signed with Newcastle he would have been our starting 5/8 and playing in the halves with Pearce which is a far better match than with Milford. I really belive he would be playing better footy if he was here. It makes no sense having him in the halves with Milford and he clearly looks unhappy. Such a shame he ended up in Brisbane
Brisbane panicked brought him.. Needed to spend the Hunt money somewhere, Silly merkins.

AJB1102

First Grade
I dont know why they're hiding the fact the he has been dropped, we all know the merkin isn't Nrl standard atm... He needs the run in Q cup against some plodders get some confidence up. Its pretty weird he has been in such horrible form compared to his Sharks day. Being a fat merkin doesn't help, maybe not fitting into the Brisbane lifestyle.. Cant see him being at the Broncos on that money next year if this shit continues ..

I said something about buying ex-Stormers being a dangerous game in another thread. I think the same can be said for ex-Sharkies. Maloney obviously not but that merkin is a gun for hire and exempt.

Last Shark to go elsewhere and do good?

Exsilium

First Grade
Issue with Bird is that he’s not actually that good. Thought the majority of the LU brains trust knew this.

Latest posts