What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

davi

Juniors
I think Jack Bird broke a mirror walking out of the office signing that Broncos contract. Seriously it's awful he has now endured another season ending injury. I doubt he will continue with the Broncos after this year, he was already shopping himself around but no club was willing to match the price figure. It will be interesting what becomes of him, but there will be no redeeming himself in a Broncos jersey and will end a very disappointing chapter in his career.

Season over: Scans confirm another ACL tear for Jack Bird
Brisbane’s Jack Bird has suffered another injury setback two days before he was set to begin life as the NRL club’s new fullback.

Bird was gutted as he limped off the training paddock on Wednesday after hurting the same knee that was operated on following an ACL tear last year.

MRI scans later that afternoon confirmed the 24-year-old had suffered another ACL tear with the club saying surgery was “the most likely option”.

Gee there’s some blokes who are just cursed with injury... Bird, Cameron King etc...

At 24 you’d think Bird still had more footy in front of him than behind.. I hope he does. Some guys can come back, some guys can’t.

Worst run I ever knew of was Brett Papworth for Roosters in the late 80’s. He copped everything from broken jaw, busted shoulder, knee injuries.... in 4 seasons he played 7 games before retiring.

betcats

Referee
Gee there’s some blokes who are just cursed with injury... Bird, Cameron King etc...

At 24 you’d think Bird still had more footy in front of him than behind.. I hope he does. Some guys can come back, some guys can’t.

Worst run I ever knew of was Brett Papworth for Roosters in the late 80’s. He copped everything from broken jaw, busted shoulder, knee injuries.... in 4 seasons he played 7 games before retiring.

I think his rheumatoid arthritis will significantly shorten his career. No idea if it relates to this injury but im sure it impacts his ability to train and stay at peak fitness

hineyrulz

Post Whore

At 24 you’d think Bird still had

Shit, and I thought David Woods was unlucky.

davi

Juniors
Broncos have said they will provide him with everything he needs.
*not a new contract

Apparently we won't have too. I read on another forum that he has another year left after this year that is an option in his favor. If Bird is intent on playing on then he most certainly would exercise it. Whether he want's a change of scenery or not he doesn't really have that luxury in being too fussy now.

soc123_au

Staff member
Usually I'm all for a good chuckle at the Broncos expense, but this one is pretty sad. Hopefully he can come back from this. On the positive he at least made some great coin & has a premiership. Kyle Stanley or Greg Waddel would have loved to have had the chance to get what Jack has already achieved.

Chin up Broncos fans. You still have Darius.

Eion

First Grade
Usually I'm all for a good chuckle at the Broncos expense, but this one is pretty sad. Hopefully he can come back from this. On the positive he at least made some great coin & has a premiership. Kyle Stanley or Greg Waddel would have loved to have had the chance to get what Jack has already achieved.

I am starting to feel sorry for Jack, but can still raise an lol for the broncs

betcats

Referee

Poor old Greg Waddel. I knew there was a Penrith kid who had the worst luck.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors

David woods at parra would have been close if not worse , was an absolute gun and we needed him on the field In the 90s.

Reactions: Vee