What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

I'm Sorry, Missed Jackson

• Total voters

TheRev

First Grade
I think we have waited this long for Kyle, another 12mths and we will know one way or another.. i would not play Kyle at Centre though, hes very average in that position.

Harry id like to keep but its nothing personal but with his injury and if Hastings stays then it doesnt make a huge amount of sense for him, I mean he will be lucky to start for the cutters with Quinlan and Hastings there.

watatank

Coach
I'd be pretty filthy if we let go of Harry. He is a good solid player with a great attitude and would be great depth in the halves - but more than that, its a horrible look for the club to buy a kid halfway through a season with the intention of bringing him into first grade (only had a few games under his belt) and then bugger him off when he gets injured. I couldn't see another club signing him up considering the severity of the injury, the fact that he wont be ready at the start of next season, the fact that he isn't an established first grader and the fact that said club would have to put a bit of money into his rehab.

It could potentially spell the end of a career for a very promising youngster at only 21 years of age. I know that no player is bigger than the club and all that, but it would be incredibly unethical and I dont want the club I love going down that path...

If we don't keep Siejka it won't be because he's injured (or just because), as much as it doesn't help his case. It could be the difference between us keeping a player like Quinlan. If we keep Hastings we will want to fast track him or maybe if he stays and even if he doesn't the club will want to continue Crook and Hutchinson's development

That said, I'd like to see us keep Siejka and I actually think we will but we are talking about something that depends on signings and the development of players.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Pay Harry 50 grand next year to keep him around, give him a job at the Leagues club or with sponsor so he can earn a reasonable living while he rehabs & put an option in it for 2015.

I'm sure they'll do it. He's a handy player.

BennyV

Referee
If we don't keep Siejka it won't be because he's injured (or just because), as much as it doesn't help his case. It could be the difference between us keeping a player like Quinlan. If we keep Hastings we will want to fast track him or maybe if he stays and even if he doesn't the club will want to continue Crook and Hutchinson's development

That said, I'd like to see us keep Siejka and I actually think we will but we are talking about something that depends on signings and the development of players.

I doubt it; considering his injury and lack of first grade time, he would be very very low cost. If it happens that he is stuck behind players like Hastings, Crook and Hutchinson, so be it, but he deserves the chance to prove himself and push his way back into contention (which I dont doubt he will, he is quite a good player and has a good attitude).

It's a horrible situation for him and the club has no real obligations, but I would like to think that they do the right thing by him in this instance.

watatank

Coach
Look at the potential 1,6,7 through the grades

NRL: Dugan, Widdop, Williams
NSW Cup: Cummins, Stanley, ???

So there's a halves spot left in NSW Cup alone, so perhaps it's a choice between Quinlan or Siejka? of course someone else could move to accomodate but that probably isn't going to happen. Then if Hastings stays, if he doesn't move around (or someone else doesn't) then Crook or Hutchinson might be moved to NSW Cup, so another potential problem.

Father Ted

First Grade
Crook is really interesting to me. I can't make up my mind , he has real talent i think but will he kick on or not ?

Saint Anger

Juniors
Same thing will likely happen to Siejka if we keep Hastings. Is the double standard because Harry is shiny and new and hasn't earnt your irrational contempt yet?

Give up your blind love for him mate.

I got nothing against him, but he is crocked. Sjeika will return to first grade long before him imo.

BennyV

Referee
Crook is really interesting to me. I can't make up my mind , he has real talent i think but will he kick on or not ?

Hard to say, considering his injury. Personally I'm a big fan, I really like his style of football and I reckon he controls the game well. On top of that, he seems to have a cool head on his shoulders - works hard, plays a team game. Very different type of player to Hastings for mine, but would compliment each other well and I hope they get a few games together at 6/7 next year...

But yeah, a big knee injury like that can stuff up a player, so will depend how he comes back from that...

Father Ted

First Grade
Hard to say, considering his injury. Personally I'm a big fan, I really like his style of football and I reckon he controls the game well. On top of that, he seems to have a cool head on his shoulders - works hard, plays a team game. Very different type of player to Hastings for mine, but would compliment each other well and I hope they get a few games together at 6/7 next year...

But yeah, a big knee injury like that can stuff up a player, so will depend how he comes back from that...

I think my main interest now is to watch Hutchinson, Aitkin and Bird and see what they have going on. I've already made my mind up about Battle rightly or wrongly . With Crook and Harry S or even Williams and Widdop injured. So there is alas no chance of seeing them again this year.

BennyV

Referee
I think my main interest now is to watch Hutchinson, Aitkin and Bird and see what they have going on. I've already made my mind up about Battle rightly or wrongly . With Crook and Harry S or even Williams and Widdop injured. So there is alas no chance of seeing them again this year.

Indeed - there's a few kids worth watching in the 20s. I'm interested to see how Seru turns out, with the right coaching and usage he could be pretty lethal, he's got the size and skills, just needs someone to shove a boot up him! I'm a bit fan of Bird, Hutchinson looks pretty classy at times and should develop well...I reckon Stowers is fairly underrated in that team too, does a lot of work and seems to be much stronger than he looks.

Father Ted

First Grade
Indeed - there's a few kids worth watching in the 20s. I'm interested to see how Seru turns out, with the right coaching and usage he could be pretty lethal, he's got the size and skills, just needs someone to shove a boot up him! I'm a bit fan of Bird, Hutchinson looks pretty classy at times and should develop well...I reckon Stowers is fairly underrated in that team too, does a lot of work and seems to be much stronger than he looks.

What's you're thoughts on the LOLO brothers?

Steelman

Juniors
Kem Seru has played the passed two games for the cutters. Having limited game time he has
More than held his own against older and more experienced players.

He also crossed for a try keeping his amazing strike of 12 tries from 11 game's

Kem has great leg speed for such a big boy and I'm sure with a good attitude and the right coaching
He will become a great strike weapon off the bench.

Father Ted

First Grade
I think Seru should be loaned to an army drill sergent for the off season. We just might end up with the weapon you seek.

BennyV

Referee
What's you're thoughts on the LOLO brothers?

Wes looks solid, George slightly less so...they both look fairly beefy and strong, so could go either way - could be good impact (in the Papali mould) or they could end up in the front row. TBH I thought they had been slightly overrated by people on this forum, dont seem to have too much punch for their size, but they still have a bit of developing to do.

Kem Seru has played the passed two games for the cutters. Having limited game time he has

Kem has great leg speed for such a big boy and I'm sure with a good attitude and the right coaching

Agreed - he could easily be as good as Kasiano in the future, he's got all the tools, just needs the right coaching and application. People may see him as lazy, it's more a case of playing to his strengths...

TheRev

First Grade

Cutters broadcast this saturday too, cant wait..

I wonder if we have the role-model for him in-house? Merrin talks about Cooper helping him with nutrition and training.. losing his fat, but he was never as big as Seru, the bloke has to really want it if hes going to work his ass off for 1-2yrs to make the NRL.

Latest posts