What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacob Saifiti

Joel-22

Juniors
Will he ever be the player Daniel is?

Or is this another Fifita situation.

I don't get it, the guy has the exact genes his brother has yet isn't in the same league.

Johns Magic

Referee
Personally I don't think he's as far off as you're saying.

I reckon he may catch up to Daniel. Even if he doesn't I still think he will be a good first-grader.

Daniel has been a prop through the juniors whereas Jacob has only made the switch the last 12 months. I'm hoping that's a factor.

In saying this, Daniel is far from convincing me as the final product yet. Needs some more consistency to make the next step.

perverse

Referee
They're both still very young. If Dan wasn't playing, you'd say Jacob is a very promising young forward. They both still need to harden the f**k up a bit. Agree with @Johns Magic that Daniel needs to improve his consistency. I think they both need to be a bit fitter and to realise the massive frames they have. They might not be the full deal physically for another couple of years.

If they ever come back from an off season looking ripped, look out. Then again, the best forward in Origin tonight was a pudgey merkin, so what the f**k do I know.

Glendale

Juniors
Gotta remeber not just the age and the experience, but the age and experience of who they are playing with. The Saifiti boys have been forced to be leaders of a forward pack as soon as they hit firstgrade. Daniel handling it better at the moment and his progression has been more rapid. But Jacob should get there in time.

I agree that we are asking too much of both of the Saifitis.
Ideally they would be second hit ups with a bit of momentum going. We need to get them on a roll. Ideally after a hit up from a good prop.
Daniel is ahead for me but I think they are both promising. I expect Jacob to spend more time in reserves but to be knocking on the door.

Swarzey

Bench
lol.

Threads like this are ridiculous. Days are still early for both of them, lets not forget most people here were calling for Daniel to be sent to reserve grade at the start of the season; inconsistency is a real reality for their development. Both have shown enough since Round 1 last year to suggest they'll be fine players if they continue to improve.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I agree Swarzey...in truth props don't start their prime years until they are 25 plus and their best years are usually their late 20s and even into their early 30s.

I just hope we still have Daniel and Jacob when they are into their mid to late 20s

PhilGould

Bench
Jacob can put some hits on in defence and his metre-making is definitely getting better. Dan is still a fair way ahead of him IMO.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Yeah Jacob has been better. Dan looks a bit fatigued. The good thing is, both Dan and Jacob were physically done mid way through last season. They have both come a long way this year. Can't wait to see them next year

mozza91

Coach
He was really good today as was Daniel in his 2nd stint. Paea bent the line with a few of his first runs but didn't see him much in the 2nd half but it was still better than anything Starling has done this year.

Old dog

Juniors
Apparently Paea and Yates time was very limited which means others had to carry the load, remembering Sione went of injured. I thought Paea, I'm no fan, did well while on, but not long enough to help his team mates

Johns Magic

Referee
Apparently Paea and Yates time was very limited which means others had to carry the load, remembering Sione went of injured. I thought Paea, I'm no fan, did well while on, but not long enough to help his team mates

Dan and Jacob only played 84 minutes between them so not a lot really.

Old dog

Juniors
Dan and Jacob only played 84 minutes between them so not a lot really.
That is the problem with the coach not wanting them on together, or should it be wanting one on at all times, if they are your two best forwards play them, get as much as possible out of them it will make for those coming in a bit easier. Organise your replacements so you have a bit of fire to follow

Old dog

Juniors
IMO your best forwards, especially your 2 or 3 best should be playing 50-60 minutes a game and no forward in your 17 should be playing less than 20 mins, barring injuries

Wizardman

First Grade
IMO your best forwards, especially your 2 or 3 best should be playing 50-60 minutes a game and no forward in your 17 should be playing less than 20 mins, barring injuries
I think both of them are on track....they need some experience around them though

Latest posts