What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacob Saifiti

Pedge1971

First Grade
I agree with the commwnts re Dan and fatigue. Maybe Brown could mix it up and give Jake a start every other week and let Dan into the game for impact off the bench?

Johns Magic

Referee
351 metres between them yesterday and both played just 47 minutes. They are taking a lot of ownership of this team now.

Jacob has really come on in the second half of this season. It has probably been the highlight of the year for me, along with Levi.

Big end to the year coming up for them now to cement doing it on a weekly basis.

Swarzey

Bench
lol.

Threads like this are ridiculous. Days are still early for both of them, lets not forget most people here were calling for Daniel to be sent to reserve grade at the start of the season; inconsistency is a real reality for their development. Both have shown enough since Round 1 last year to suggest they'll be fine players if they continue to improve.

I like me. Spot on a fair bit later.

krv2BoP.gif

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
351 metres between them yesterday and both played just 47 minutes. They are taking a lot of ownership of this team now.

Jacob has really come on in the second half of this season. It has probably been the highlight of the year for me, along with Levi.

Big end to the year coming up for them now to cement doing it on a weekly basis.

I understand the need to rotate the 2, given there isnt much grunt in the team with both off the field...

But, next season when the pack has filled up a bit more, i would love to see them on the paddock at the same time competing and egging each other on.

Nothing beats a sibling rivalry for motivation...

jonno_knights

Juniors
It's pretty sick having one of the best young front rowers going around. Even better when you remember there is two of him.

And even better when they are still only 21, are giants already, and still look like they have plenty of room to grow into their bodies.

Joel-22

Juniors
lol.

Threads like this are ridiculous. Days are still early for both of them, lets not forget most people here were calling for Daniel to be sent to reserve grade at the start of the season; inconsistency is a real reality for their development. Both have shown enough since Round 1 last year to suggest they'll be fine players if they continue to improve.

How are threads like this ridiculous? At the time the stats both players were producing weren't comparable. Dan had shown he could dominate in the NRL and Jacob hadn't. I wasn't calling for his sacking, I wasn't hating. I was more or less commenting on the peculiarity of twins having different outputs in spite of having an identical genome and what one can only assume as an identical upbringing.
I'm thrilled Jacob has shown that he too can dominate at NRL level. I've been big fans of both since first seeing them in the canberra trial two years ago.

I'm OK with one of the Saifitis coming in from the bench.
I agree there is more impact with both on the field at the same time but, at present, we need impact off the bench.
Bench players often get rated as second class. I'd like to see the day when we think of our bench as tactical and hold the bench players in the same class as the starting 13.
Both Dan and Jacob deserve a spot. I reckon they have been competing with each other and complementing each other all their lives so nothing new.

Swarzey

Bench
How are threads like this ridiculous? At the time the stats both players were producing weren't comparable. Dan had shown he could dominate in the NRL and Jacob hadn't. I wasn't calling for his sacking, I wasn't hating. I was more or less commenting on the peculiarity of twins having different outputs in spite of having an identical genome and what one can only assume as an identical upbringing.
I'm thrilled Jacob has shown that he too can dominate at NRL level. I've been big fans of both since first seeing them in the canberra trial two years ago.

Because they've got less than 50 f**king games. Whether you like it or not, disagree as much as you wish but this thread's tone reeks of high expectation. Simply, threads like this are ridiculous because you're not giving them time. You're making assumptions off the back of a period where numbers - while positive - don't define everything. If being a twin meant Jacob's output should have been as high as Daniel's at the time, then the two would be eating, shitting, sleeping and having the same exact thoughts at the exact same time.

Problem I have with this thread comes from a common theme among Knights fans where some hold a player in such high regard at a young age with little experience that they become bitter and hostile towards the player when/if they can't manage to progress forward. Simply, let a player - a young player at that - f**king develop before you start a thread like this.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I'm OK with one of the Saifitis coming in from the bench.
I agree there is more impact with both on the field at the same time but, at present, we need impact off the bench.
Bench players often get rated as second class. I'd like to see the day when we think of our bench as tactical and hold the bench players in the same class as the starting 13.
Both Dan and Jacob deserve a spot. I reckon they have been competing with each other and complementing each other all their lives so nothing new.

Danny Levi, at this point in his career is the perfect example of how to get the best value out of your bench...I don't think good coaches and astute fans nowadays see 14-17 as lower rated players and see the tactical approach of a 17 man squad that are used strategically to beat an opposing 17 players over 80 minutes of football.

In reality this focus will increase further as interchanges shrink and coaches will need to monitor and manage strategy and fatigue of their 17 man squads.

Joel-22

Juniors

Couldn't agree more.

In fact, I like the idea of having Es'ese and a hardheaded recruit starting together with Dan and Jacob both coming off the bench together. And as you say, I would make it clear to everyone in the side that it is in no way a demotion.

Last edited:

Joel-22

Juniors
Because they've got less than 50 f**king games. Whether you like it or not, disagree as much as you wish but this thread's tone reeks of high expectation. Simply, threads like this are ridiculous because you're not giving them time. You're making assumptions off the back of a period where numbers - while positive - don't define everything. If being a twin meant Jacob's output should have been as high as Daniel's at the time, then the two would be eating, shitting, sleeping and having the same exact thoughts at the exact same time.

Problem I have with this thread comes from a common theme among Knights fans where some hold a player in such high regard at a young age with little experience that they become bitter and hostile towards the player when/if they can't manage to progress forward. Simply, let a player - a young player at that - f**king develop before you start a thread like this.

It's a forum and this thread has generated productive discussion. I really don't understand why you're so upset. I'm not sure how much more I can express my respect and gratitude for the development of both players. I will rush out to the common ground though and acknowledge that I do have exceptionally high expectations of both because both have shown at 21 years of age that they are capable of tearing NRL side's a new one. Browny has said in a presser following a monstrous game from Daifiti that he expects nothing less from Dan.

On another note, I think Josh King is developing nicely also. He plays a different brand of football to the Saifitis, I would argue a much more physical brand of football. Not sure he has the same ceiling as Saifitis but I see a more then solid first grader in him also.

Glendale

Juniors
Starting forward pack today- apart from Buhrer (who spent some time at hooker), every one of them is a Newcastle junior under the age of 23, and they all stood up and got us a win. You can't not be proud of that and excited for where this club is heading. Special mentions to Fitzy, Dan and King.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think it's abit unfair to say Daniel is regressing, he's 21 years old and pretty much leading the engine room. Look at his stats and they compare favourably to any young prop in the Comp