What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Fakir

Coastbloke

Bench
I've heard some really good things about this second rower from France..

How do you think he would go out here? Does anyone else rate him?

Has any NRL club expressed an interest? I think the NRL would do well to scan for talent other than NZ.

Thanks.

winnyason

Juniors
good potential, very hot & cold in superleague last year with catalans, when on can match it with the best in the world.
is out until early march next year with knee problem, craig belllemy rates him trying to get him out here, before he signed with les cats. as usual rugby union are the ones who will most likely get him past his contract that expires 2008, unless a nrl club shows him cash.

screeny

Bench
Best second row in the world once he gets his fitness up to fully pro standards.

Massive, dynamite acceleration, very broad, good skills, speed...only weak point is his decision making i.e. miracle offloads....not as bad as Solomona but on the right (or wrong) track.

JasonE

Bench
winnyason said:
is out until early march next year with knee problem,

hope you're right mate because i heard the injury will keep him out all of 2007, fingers crossed it's not that serious.

winnyason

Juniors
hope you're right mate because i heard the injury will keep him out all of 2007, fingers crossed it's not that serious
only going off the gospel, of audious regular french poster on total rl, he is usually spot on in his assement. which i hope is true.
did however hear the same about being out for year, i guess until catalans confirm it on there web site we are speculating.
would be disapointing if he is out for a year, as catalans may surprise next year with there likes of jones, croker, mogg & greenshields.

winnyason

Juniors
hope you're right mate because i heard the injury will keep him out all of 2007, fingers crossed it's not that serious
only going off the gospel, of audious regular french poster on total rl, he is usually spot on in his assement. which i hope is true.
did however hear the same about being out for year, i guess until catalans confirm it on there web site we are speculating.
would be disapointing if he is out for a year, as catalans may surprise next year with there likes of jones, croker, mogg & greenshields.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
I think that the new Catalans signing Sebastian Raguin (formerly with Toulouse), if he reaches peak fitness, will take over the mantle of best French second rower. Raguin is fast (though maybe not as fast as Fakir) has a great sidestep and offload (better than Fakir in these abilities), and is taller than Fakir. Raguin is probably stronger than Fakir, though not as devastating a crash tackler. He has the potential to be a world beater.

In 2008 Fakir and Raguin, along with Guisset, Ferriol, Elima, and Fellous, will take it to the Aussies.

If only France could find two or three quality centres by then!