What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris retires

Triple H

Juniors
Jamal Idris. The man who came from obscurity to win the 2009 rookie of the year over the pre-stupidly-tatted skinnyfat Josh Dugan. The man who with his dreadlock gimmick, was able to play for NSW and Australiahhh. The man who was attacked by a samurai sword wielding relative in the off-season. The man who was kidnapped by a bunch of vanilla midget viets. That man has retired aged 27 today.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...ter-injury-plagued-career/9068698?pfmredir=sm

But let me tell you something about Jamal freakin Idris. He had a great gimmick, and all the natural talent in the world to make it in this business. But he just couldn't cut the mustard when it came down to the hard work, the grind. So with that being said, he'll go down in history as a....what could've been. A cautionary tale. A man who was happy just to get a free trip to Brisbane to sit on the bench as 18th man in what could've been the biggest game of his life. Jamal Idris has been somewhat of an enigma during his career-uhh. But there's just one thing the people want to know....

images

How does he get his pecs to go aaall the way around to his back like that?

Munky

Coach
Was actually really good for Penrith in 2014.

I'm not sure why so many seem to think he was trash.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Shame he couldn't keep up with the will to play. Like it's been said he could have been anything. But if you don't have the desire, why do it?

Anyway congrats to the big fella I hope he goes on to do great things post career.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Should've been a Basketballer . . . 80 minutes way beyond him
NBA games have 48 minutes of actual game time.

Maybe NFL is the way to go where the Superbore takes about 4 hours to complete with less than 20 minutes of actual game time.

Those damn Yanks worship the most f**king laziest sports in the world. No wonder they are all fat merkins!