What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamayne Isaako

O'Sullivan

Juniors
Jai Field simply can't tackle big blokes. We wouldn't be able to hide him in first grade. Woods was mentioned before. The only advantage in signing him would be seeing the Dogs pay a far bit of his salary over the next few years. If they seem prepared to do that, even allowing for their salary cap issues, it shows their view of him and the impact he has made at the club. I think he is over hyped and he might be potentially better, when motivated, than LAM but I'd keep LAM instead of making a play for Woods any day of the week.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The young winger Katoa I think from the Sharks.
Off contract this year and looks good.
I haven't seen anything of Katoa, but their are some pretty big wraps on him. He started the year in first grade but broke his jaw in the opening game of the season. I agree that we should have a close look at him and even sign him.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I rated Saffy as probably the best interchange forward we had up until recently and even now I think he would probably still hold his own.
Very disappointed when he went back to union.

I'm pretty sure that Saffy retired prematurely due to a serious neck injury which couldn't be alleviated by surgery.

Old Timer

Coach
I haven't seen anything of Katoa, but their are some pretty big wraps on him. He started the year in first grade but broke his jaw in the opening game of the season. I agree that we should have a close look at him and even sign him.
Love it how we have to sign this bloke and we still haven't found out anything about any of our own.
Hope he knows how to play solitaire.
If not either Robson or Lomax can teach him.

blacksafake

First Grade
The young winger Katoa I think from the Sharks.
Off contract this year and looks good.
Vossy raves about his speed.
Last week he picked up a loose ball or intercepted near his own line & took off but was caught before the halfway line.Didn't look to quick to me, he also looks pretty small as well.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Vossy raves about his speed.
Last week he picked up a loose ball or intercepted near his own line & took off but was caught before the halfway line.Didn't look to quick to me, he also looks pretty small as well.

Agree he is good attacker but his defence is well average at best.
I think herbert sould be given a go and re signed

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I have watched Herbert a couple of time in ISP this year and in the last game he looked the goods and is a complete player. He has pace, defends stoutly, links well and has good hands. He is worth a go in NRL.

possm

Coach
I have watched Herbert a couple of time in ISP this year and in the last game he looked the goods and is a complete player. He has pace, defends stoutly, links well and has good hands. He is worth a go in NRL.
Put him on the right wing.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I'm with you on this one. Unless we are signing Valentine Holmes I'm not too interested in buying wingers until we see what Lomax and Herbert can do.
And how much would you be prepared to pay Holmes to play wing for us?

Lomax and Herbert should be given a run in the back line before we look at players outside the club.

Both are instinctive natural footy players.

Both capable of kicking goals.

Would like to see them get a run before season ends.

Difference between our guys and Isaako is that they play under a coach that recognises talent and selects players on merit.

Both a chance to take a wing or centre spot in a FG side.

Hoping it will be with Saints.

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
My comment wasn't about going out and signing every available player.
I think guys like Lomax & Herbert deserve 1st shot when Nighty hangs up his boots.
I still think the club should be out looking as there is no garantees that they will make it although I have very high hopes for both.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
How many young guys are going to go the way of BIRD before Mc CLUELESS wakes up to his own f**kin stupidity.....and order a new steel bench so the boys don't get splinters.....

Drag Queen

Bench
How many young guys are going to go the way of BIRD before Mc CLUELESS wakes up to his own f**kin stupidity.....and order a new steel bench so the boys don't get splinters.....
Bird's on the decline, and he and his old man are bloody whinging dicks. Having said that, I would 100% give young Pat and Lomax a go OD. PS: you may as well get them a lazy boy recliner with our beloved coach in charge Xx

Bench
If we don’t act we will loose our juniors. Lomax needs to get some good game time off the bench, not 7 minutes.
McIdiot needs to give him and others time off the bench.