What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

Graham has the right attitude and a big heart.

In my view he is 2 years past his used by date, hence Hasler's willingness to trade him for Aaron Woods.

Old tired legs, no real impact. Even at $400k I would struggle to say that he is worth it.

Packer prior to being injured had lots more impact. Graham is not a straight swap for Packer.

Suggest we tell Dogs they can keep Graham and instead release Woods to us.

Woods is overrated but has the ability to make a much greater impact.

Woods really?
I'm not convinced Graham is the go, but if we are only paying 40% it's worth a try for a year.

Woods however, I could do without his lazy runs into the line.

Exactly this. We should definitely be choosing untried youngsters who've barely made an impact in reserve grade over an experienced international who has been recognised amongst the best props in the world for the last 5 years and is a natural leader in every team he's played in!!

"Has been" is the operative phrase

ALSGI

Bench
Exactly this. We should definitely be choosing untried youngsters who've barely made an impact in reserve grade over an experienced international who has been recognised amongst the best props in the world for the last 5 years and is a natural leader in every team he's played in!!
Yeah, you're right can't argue with your point - except maybe an untried Dufty at FB over an international like Duges.

As for 'barely making an impact in reserve grade' Kerr definately has and imo Hind shows excellent potential but the reserves team has had little stability this year and there's plenty that have ability to step up in FG, totally different arena surrounded by totally different players.

But if some are more comfortable with a 32yo discard, than our juniors then enjoy every minute of it.

If we are to be contenders and not pretenders we need an upgrade on Packer.

If the club signs Graham I will cheer him on every week.

Lets hope the guy needs a change of club to freshen his game up.

Would love to be wrong.

Look forward to resuming the debate this time next season.

Life's Good

Coach
Gee I hope it's true.
We don't need him as an 80min forward. He still has plenty to offer playing wise.
We do need him as a leader on the field which is something we lack/need more of.
For those questioning his contribution this year, the Dogs are a*s and needed more than Graham to lift them. With us, he will be surrounded by quality(apart from the coach).

Graham is a wanker the club doesn't need.

Surely they could look at a younger option instead of a guy who clearly looks f**ked and is playing like he is.

I rather keep Hind then kerr to be honest.

I have to say Hind can feel very unlucky as he has been very consistant.

With the change to the ISP format next year I don't see a place for alot of part time footballers.

The Illawarra based clubs will cut back their backing of an Illawarra based team in the ISP from what i was told.