What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Hind should have been given a go this year as Marketo and Matthews are rubbish and Lawrie and Sele are not ready. Last year for the Cutters the four best forwards were Wakeman, Hind, Host and Sironen who are all sizeable. Hind is as tough as teak. Mc Gregpr is a goose.Hind and Host should both be in the Top 17 players.

Hind should have been given a go this year as Marketo and Matthews are rubbish and Lawrie and Sele are not ready. Last year for the Cutters the four best forwards were Wakeman, Hind, Host and Sironen who are all sizeable. Hind is as tough as teak. Mc Gregpr is a goose.Hind and Host should both be in the Top 17 players.
I said this a while ago the contracts given to Hind, Lewis, Nona and Dodd were nothing but good gesture contracts that would lead nowhere.

The Dragons wanted to look like the good guys for the efforts of the Cutters and not one of them had any hope of playing first grade.

Mathews and Marketo have nothing to do with Hind getting held back and will having nothing to do with his departure as both have been told they are not wanted next year.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I'd be very happy with this-
1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Mann
4. Lafai
5. Rona (hopefully, if not Nighty)
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Ah Mau
16. Host
17. Aitken/Field

BennyV

Referee
Yeah, you're right can't argue with your point - except maybe an untried Dufty at FB over an international like Duges.

As for 'barely making an impact in reserve grade' Kerr definately has and imo Hind shows excellent potential but the reserves team has had little stability this year and there's plenty that have ability to step up in FG, totally different arena surrounded by totally different players.

But if some are more comfortable with a 32yo discard, than our juniors then enjoy every minute of it.
Dude, we have exactly 2 recognised first grade ready props for next year. Everyone else is manufactured or underdone.

Kerr's 'impact' has ended with him play off the bench for the last while - in reality, despite the rose-coloured glasses of many of our supporters, he has been ok at best. In fact, Lawrie has outshone him and deserved the call-up to first grade over him, despite being a year younger.

Props, along with hookers, need the most time to adjust to the speed and impact of first grade due to the step up in physicality and demand. Outside of freaks like Klemmer, these guys wont really be fully ready to form part of the prop rotation until at least 23-24years old, and wont really dominate first grade for another year or two after that. Having a player like Graham, who despite his form this year for the dogs still has a LOT to offer in first grade (both on and off the field), would be absolutely invaluable for these kids. A 2 year deal for Graham would provide the leadership and opportunity for the likes of Lawrie and Kerr to get themselves properly ready for a decent length career in first grade.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Dude, we have exactly 2 recognised first grade ready props for next year. Everyone else is manufactured or underdone.

Kerr's 'impact' has ended with him play off the bench for the last while - in reality, despite the rose-coloured glasses of many of our supporters, he has been ok at best. In fact, Lawrie has outshone him and deserved the call-up to first grade over him, despite being a year younger.

Props, along with hookers, need the most time to adjust to the speed and impact of first grade due to the step up in physicality and demand. Outside of freaks like Klemmer, these guys wont really be fully ready to form part of the prop rotation until at least 23-24years old, and wont really dominate first grade for another year or two after that. Having a player like Graham, who despite his form this year for the dogs still has a LOT to offer in first grade (both on and off the field), would be absolutely invaluable for these kids. A 2 year deal for Graham would provide the leadership and opportunity for the likes of Lawrie and Kerr to get themselves properly ready for a decent length career in first grade.

Spot on. Kerr has been solid but he's showing all of the signs of a plodder at the moment. He needs to develop that footwork and offload into his game. Lawrie is far superior right now.

Couldn't agree more about Graham. Although his form has been down this year, a change of scenery could liven him right up, especially if you taken the captaincy off him and just tell him to run straight like a mad-man.
I said earlier on when Packer signed with the Tigers, we need a player to replace him who will just run hard, work hard and not take any shit. Graham ticks that criteria and as you said, his experience would be invaluable to our youth.

The waiting game will go two ways either Millward will land a guy with experience or sign a fringe first grader that really isn't better then what the club already has.

Lawrie and Kerr have done okay for Illawarra and since they moved on experienced players like Mose and McCarthy they have had to step up more with help from Hind and Kennedy.

Uele has had a game for Illawarra which i found interesting as he has never been a real starter for the NYC with Mason and Dowel as starters and Sheppard who was starting before injury.

Hind would be worth developing but i was told he is free to move on so that leaves a bigger hole in the depth department.

I am not sure what will happen but Millward will either look like a genius or a goose.

possm

Coach
Kerr, Hind, Lawrie and even Vaughan are exactly why I think signing Graham is worth it for maybe a 2 year deal.

A seasoned international Prop would be an invaluable positive influence on these guys and Graham, if available, is exactly that...

'Like for like or better' Graham fills the bill. Now get on with it Millward before others secure his signature. I believe he is just the player we need to replace Packer. A two year deal will see the likes of Lawrie and Kerr come through with the skills necessary to make a successful long career at the Dragons.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If we get Graham for 400K next year, I am very please with that. I have not watched many Canterbury games this year, so I can not comment on Graham's recent form. I know one thing, Graham is a real competitor, who wants to win a premiership badly. We will have one of the better packs in the comp next year. We will also have one of the better pair of halves. Graham was probably the best prop on the market. I would still like us to sign Tagastese. That would give us Vaughan, Graham, Tagatese and AhMau as quality props, with Simms, Lawrie and Kerr as back up's.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
I'd be very happy with this-
1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Mann
4. Lafai
5. Rona (hopefully, if not Nighty)
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Ah Mau
16. Host
17. Aitken/Field
top 4 side easy

giboz71

First Grade
If we could land Graham, we'd be crazy not to sign him up. If not only for his efforts as a prop, but his leadership and sheer will to win.

This has been sadly lacking in recent years, most recently in the recent capitulation against the Rabbits. James Graham laying down the law and leading from the front would have seen us home that night and we wouldn't be struggling to make the semis like we are now.

watatank

Coach
I find it hard to believe that even if a player like Graham was available that we would be a chance to get him but we should definitely sign him.