What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

since77

Juniors
Not just yours - I've seen heaps of people relate Aitken to Cooper. Before that it was Runciman and prior to that was Green. Any centre who could tackle in u20s and has poor ball skills gets compared to Coops. Personally I'd prefer the next Gasnier...

Me too, I actually nearly finished my post with those exact words

Reddragon

Bench
So let me get this straight - a player runs 30-40
Metres with a clear run to the tryline and he needs to pass it?

No. He's in that position about 1% of his playing time, but in a position to pass about 40 to 50 % of his playing time. Except he doesn't. Not at all. Lets see the highlights of his passing, you'd be watching a long time.
Look i hope Aitkin turns into a combination of both Gasnier and Cooper next season. I really do. I can only base my opinions on what I've seen and he's not the answer at present.

possm

Coach
No. He's in that position about 1% of his playing time, but in a position to pass about 40 to 50 % of his playing time. Except he doesn't. Not at all. Lets see the highlights of his passing, you'd be watching a long time.
Look i hope Aitkin turns into a combination of both Gasnier and Cooper next season. I really do. I can only base my opinions on what I've seen and he's not the answer at present.
Just wait until Lomax is selected right centre for first grade. I'm tipping him to be our next, wait for it, .................... Changa Langlands. He has the size, defence, strength, step and speed to make a great centre and in time a top fullback if we need one. In my opinion he is the real deal and only needs experience in first grade to further his development. I also think we have enough talent within the Club to solve the right wing problem.

In 2017 our prop rotation let us down and generally our forward depth just was not there. In losing Packer and gaining Graham I believe we haven't lost any capability however, we really need the likes of Allgood, Latimore, Lawrie and Kerr to step up to the plate if we want to avoid a repeat of the problems our forwards faced this year. Surely, the money forked out for Allgood and Latimore would have to be close to the 600k we needed to keep Packer or sign Walmsley. It's that fourth top line prop that we need in our rotation to share the workload and stop the loss of momentum during a game. I just cant see the likes of Allgood, Latimore, Lawrie or Kerr doing this however, I would be very happy if one of these players did step up and fill that role..

Frank Facer

First Grade
Just wait until Lomax is selected right centre for first grade. I'm tipping him to be our next, wait for it, .................... Changa Langlands. He has the size, defence, strength, step and speed to make a great centre and in time a top fullback if we need one. In my opinion he is the real deal and only needs experience in first grade to further his development. I also think we have enough talent within the Club to solve the right wing problem.

In 2017 our prop rotation let us down and generally our forward depth just was not there. In losing Packer and gaining Graham I believe we haven't lost any capability however, we really need the likes of Allgood, Latimore, Lawrie and Kerr to step up to the plate if we want to avoid a repeat of the problems our forwards faced this year. Surely, the money forked out for Allgood and Latimore would have to be close to the 600k we needed to keep Packer or sign Walmsley. It's that fourth top line prop that we need in our rotation to share the workload and stop the loss of momentum during a game. I just cant see the likes of Allgood, Latimore, Lawrie or Kerr doing this however, I would be very happy if one of these players did step up and fill that role..
I doubt very much that Latimore and Allgood are on 600K combined, probably about half that. I pretty much agree with the rest of your post.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Remember Millward said Allgood came knocking on our door so he's probably on the minimum of 120k.
Latimore I would say would be on around 200k (180-220) IMO.

possm

Coach
Only a public listing of salary cap figures would inform fans on the ability of our recruiters/pathways staff and the state of our Club's salary cap. I say that these figures and TPA figures should be made public in order to keep everyone honest. Hints that some players are on deals where an unlimited TPA is twice the money of their contracted salary is very concerning to me. The coincidence of a TPA being ready at the same time as a tabled contract is also an unbelievable considering that TPA's are supposed to be at arms length of Clubs.

I still prefer that TPA's be arranged by player managers' and approved by the NRL. These TPA's should be separated from Player contracts and travel with players to whichever club they choose to sign with. That is if the Dragons and Roosters were vying for Tedesco's signature, the TPA would apply to Tedesco no matter which Club he chooses to sign with. These TPA's should be focussed on national programs rather than local programs e.g. sponsors like Colgate, Kraft and other national brands.

It's time to clean up this area of player remuneration.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
He’s been outstanding so far imo. Keen to take a hit up,ball playing or in defence chasing all the time. His attitude should really be a massive bonus next season unless McGregor stuffs him around which is on the cards.

I'm anticipating Graham will get the shit with McGregor regarding 'game time'.

We all know how hopeless he is rotating the bench at crucial times.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yep , I can see that Mr. Graham will be just the tonic for our team , more so the forward pack . Should anyone slacken off during a match you can be sure that they will receive a tongue - lashing from the ' red cattle dog ' . And should he ever get a bit peckish whilst he is on the field , let's hope that he goes for the ear of an opposition player and not one of our own .

Last edited:

Latest posts