What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Maloney...... what do you think so far?

superpanther

Juniors
Hey all,

Just want some feedback on how everyone thinks Maloney is going? I know its only 2 rounds in but I don't think he has been too bad ( some handling errors) however I though last week he was becoming more involved.

ACTPanthers

Bench
A little better against the Bunnies, but wasn't impressed with the game against the Eels

I'm not overly impressed so far, but as you say, early days and being the professional he is, I expect him to get better as the season goes on.

OldPanther

Coach
We have a general discussion thread.

He's been average. Could be done in his career (2017 was poor also) or it could be new combos and short off season from world cup.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Below average with hands on the ball, but short prep and new combos

But does great organising and talking to the team during play.. Much better than Moylan when he would just yell and kick and scream when things went bad

franklin2323

Immortal
Haven't noticed him. That is great for him defence side but he will get more involved as the year moves on. I'd give him a 6/10 if I was rating him

mxlegend99

Referee
Right now he's about a 5/10. Hasnt done much and weve only faced average sides . Just needs a few games where he sets up some tries. Forces some drop outs. Pins teams in their half etc. Like Soward used to do and he would be an 8/10.

When we face a few hot sides in good form we should have a better idea on if he fixes what we lacked last year though.

Also like to see him step up and destroy a shit team. We're good flat track bullies. Hopefully he can keep up with our younger guys if we get into that sort of mood. But 2 games in hes not close tosettled here yet.

TheFrog

Coach
Waqa Blake is getting much more ball than previously. It's not just Maloney getting it to him, but he's part of it.

He bombed what would have been the winning try last game. The Cleary pass was in his face but he should have took it.

Timing doesn't seem right with him at this point, but when it is, I think we're going to do some good this year.

Vicpanther

Juniors
I think he is doing well. He is letting Nathan leed the way but is also jumping in when needed. Sure he isn't doing anything magic at the moment but other than a couple of small errors he isn't doing anything bad either.

OldPanther

Coach
I think he is doing well. He is letting Nathan leed the way but is also jumping in when needed. Sure he isn't doing anything magic at the moment but other than a couple of small errors he isn't doing anything bad either.

hey welcome. Joined at a good time. We're about to win the premiership and go back 2 back.

Vicpanther

Juniors
hey welcome. Joined at a good time. We're about to win the premiership and go back 2 back.
Haha long time lurker and a member of the old official forum. Read the Page nearly every day and decided I better join I got tired of not being able to give my input lol. (ps been a panther since 91? when I watched brandy destroy the broncos up in Qld)

Vicpanther

Juniors
Also I would like to add that.maloney brings a great attitude with him and a been there before experience. Everyone always seems to be happy when they are around him especially the fans.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Jimmy is going as good as I thought he would after 2 games. I expect him to be firing around 5 or 6 games in.

He’s going fine.

Pomoz

Bench
The last half we had who used to organise the team and talk all the time was Brandy. The talking is undervalued. Players need that guidance when they are fatigued. He just needs to get his rhythm back. As already said, timings out but he has the knack of being in the right place. If you are in the right place and the passes stick, happy days. Timing will come.

Love the way he has let Nathan do his thing and not tried to boss him. Just stepped in when needed. Good stuff Jimmy.

mxlegend99

Referee
The way Hess is destroying Munster tonight... Maloney is going to be in for a long night next week. Hopefully he cops a week suspension or something.