What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Tedesco

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'm more worried about Reynolds than Brooks.
It's inevitable that Reynolds's contract will come back to haunt us in a few yrs.Im not going to criticise IC b4 his had sufficient opportunity to display his ability as the coach of a newly assembled team.But the mind boggles re the signing of a 29 yr old 5/8 who isn't a playmaker for 750k/yr over 4 yrs !!.Hes barely worth half what we will b paying him.

I extremely dislike Moses as a person & he isn't worth 800k but relative to what we will b paying Reynolds the 800k moses was seeking would've been a preferable investment coz the prick can play & hes on an upwards trajectory !

Tiger05

First Grade
Ted - that is the problem with the Reynolds signing. I can't see it working out or even close to working out. I think Benji is a better player now on a lot less money.

Still I hope I'm wrong.

It's inevitable that Reynolds's contract will come back to haunt us in a few yrs.Im not going to criticise IC b4 his had sufficient opportunity to display his ability as the coach of a newly assembled team.But the mind boggles re the signing of a 29 yr old 5/8 who isn't a playmaker for 750k/yr over 4 yrs !!.Hes barely worth half what we will b paying him.

I extremely dislike Moses as a person & he isn't worth 800k but relative to what we will b paying Reynolds the 800k moses was seeking would've been a preferable investment coz the prick can play & hes on an upwards trajectory !

The only way Reynolds will bite us on the arse is if he breaks down. He'll give us his all and I think he'll take a bit of pressure off Brooks.

I still maintain that Brooks mostly does of what a halfback does at or above an acceptable standard. His 5th tackle options are devoid of any creativity though and his short kicking game has disappeared and unfortunately they are what is missing to make us a credible threat next year.

Das Hassler

Bench
Yes as above....thing to keep in mind with Brooks...IC has done a pretty damn good reno job on Kev....most had written his defence off as unfixeable. Brooks 5th tackle options and kicking game won't be as is next year ..i think you can be assured of that. The fact that Ivan resigned him says that he can see HOW he will fix him...he hasn't not noticed that Brooks is deficient in those areas. He's throwing himself into the defense ( and has been effective) at least so that's a good start. As for Reynolds. ...a new club...the belief of a coach and who knows what he can become. .he's steered the dogs to the GFand won a SOO series against the best spine in the modern game. Tui and ET are as good examples of what a change can do as any

Last edited:
As for Reynolds. ...a new club...the belief of a coach and who knows what he can become. .he's steered the dogs to the GFand won a SOO series against the best spine in the modern game.
Couldn't agree more Das, what he bought to that SOO squad was enthusiasm, a will to win, belief in the blue jersey ....and what did the selectors do? well that's another story.

II believe he will bring that enthusiasm and will to win, to the Tigers

Tiger Ted

Bench
It's obvious that enthusiasm & grit r Reynolds's strengths & Id never question his attitude.However we don't have a brilliant playmaker in our ranks & we've paid the bottom end of playmaker rates for Reynolds.My only criticism is it's an unfavourable monetary transaction for us coz we could've got Reynolds for a lot less.He isn't worth anything more than 400-450k max.Id b surprised if the dogs offered him 400k & to give him 750k :negative_squared_cross_mark: 4 yrs is outrageous.If IC wanted him that badly y didn't he sign him for 750k :negative_squared_cross_mark: 2 yrs.Anyway I hope he proves me wrong & gives us 4 fabulous yrs.

We've got 1.3mill tied up in a 6 & 7 where neither is a quality playmaker.Fancy having to rely on a 34 yr old benji as backup.I doubt IC can extract the performances out of our prodigal son that seargent Bennett did.I can c Benji over-indulging in a few vices when back in Sydney & reverting to delivering the shit he displayed in his last 2 yrs playing for us.If not then he could prove to b IC's most astute signing.

If there's a team that needs a brilliant & formidable game manager like Cronk it's us.If only !!!!

It's obvious that enthusiasm & grit r Reynolds's strengths & Id never question his attitude.However we don't have a brilliant playmaker in our ranks & we've paid the bottom end of playmaker rates for Reynolds.My only criticism is it's an unfavourable monetary transaction for us coz we could've got Reynolds for a lot less.He isn't worth anything more than 400-450k max.Id b surprised if the dogs offered him 400k & to give him 750k :negative_squared_cross_mark: 4 yrs is outrageous.If IC wanted him that badly y didn't he sign him for 750k :negative_squared_cross_mark: 2 yrs.Anyway I hope he proves me wrong & gives us 4 fabulous yrs.

We've got 1.3mill tied up in a 6 & 7 where neither is a quality playmaker.Fancy having to rely on a 34 yr old benji as backup.I doubt IC can extract the performances out of our prodigal son that seargent Bennett did.I can c Benji over-indulging in a few vices when back in Sydney & reverting to delivering the shit he displayed in his last 2 yrs playing for us.If not then he could prove to b IC's most astute signing.

If there's a team that needs a brilliant & formidable game manager like Cronk it's us.If only !!!!

I think the Dogs offered him $500K. But they lowballed him as they had Foran on the way and signed Mbye up for a fortune.

simmo05

Bench

So with the bemifit of hindsight, remembering the merkin of a state taylor left us in, who would have you signed?

Vic Mackey

Referee
So with the bemifit of hindsight, remembering the merkin of a state taylor left us in, who would have you signed?

Exactly. We went hard for widdop, when we missed him we went for Josh and landed him. 4 years is probably a tad long however he strikes me as the type of bloke that in 3 years you could ask him to go to England and he would with little fuss.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Length of term is to long & way to much money.Whats wrong with a 2 yr contract @ that inordinate amt of 750k/yr or 550k/yr for 3 yrs & if he doesn't like it well good luck on getting that money elsewhere.Its not as if he has any X factor or that he can adeptly game manage.

Regardless of the benefit of hindsight there was no reason to panic & jump the gun when there were so many players unsigned & probability good players in spine positions would b off loaded due to no announcement re the cap for '18.Hence TMM became available & Connor Watson was permitted to shop around.We would've acquired either one of them for less than the crazy money weve signed Reynolds on.

With the benefit of hindsight the glaringly obvious thing to have done was save ur money & make a massive bid for Cronk.To replace Cronk when he retires the ready made replacement would b the son of IC.With halfbacks of the quality of these 2 managing the team we'd finally become a premiership threat.In contrast with the spine we currently have for next yr we have Buckleys of qualifying for the finals !!

Tiger Ted

Bench
Exactly. We went hard for widdop, when we missed him we went for Josh and landed him. 4 years is probably a tad long however he strikes me as the type of bloke that in 3 years you could ask him to go to England and he would with little fuss.
If we don't make the 8 in either of the next 2 yrs the shit is really going to hit the fan & not only will Reynolds want to leave but IC's job will b in jeopardy.With the ordinary spine IC has to work with good luck to his endeavour to get this side in the 8 !!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Length of term is to long & way to much money.Whats wrong with a 2 yr contract @ that inordinate amt of 750k/yr or 550k/yr for 3 yrs & if he doesn't like it well good luck on getting that money elsewhere.Its not as if he has any X factor or that he can adeptly game manage.

Regardless of the benefit of hindsight there was no reason to panic & jump the gun when there were so many players unsigned & probability good players in spine positions would b off loaded due to no announcement re the cap for '18.Hence TMM became available & Connor Watson was permitted to shop around.We would've acquired either one of them for less than the crazy money weve signed Reynolds on.

With the benefit of hindsight the glaringly obvious thing to have done was save ur money & make a massive bid for Cronk.To replace Cronk when he retires the ready made replacement would b the son of IC.With halfbacks of the quality of these 2 managing the team we'd finally become a premiership threat.In contrast with the spine we currently have for next yr we have Buckleys of qualifying for the finals !!

TMM and Watson, we've had 2 inexperienced halves for the past 3 years. It doesn't work. Particularly when our 1 & 9 are going to be 23 and 21 respectively.

Obviously Cronk would have been the dream however IC said in the coach/ceo Q&A that he approached Cronk manager who said any decision won't be made til after the season. We couldn't afford to hang all our hope on a guy that might not even play next year and if he does will probably go to the roosters for $300k less then we offer (over the table anyway).

Personally I think JR will be good for us and more importantly good for Brooks. He cops a lot of shit but in his 6 years in first grade he has played:

* 5 finals series
* 2 grand finals (including one with Kris Keating as his halfback)
* 5 Origin games (the only nsw winning 5/8 in 12 years)

He also has a win at all costs attitude, something our club has NEVER had. We have never had a player who can lift the rest of the team through enthusiasm i.e leading kick chase, creating a try through sheer will etc. Weve always been a team that's tried to get out of tough situations through a flashy play, instead of playing smart, toughing it out and waiting for the right opportunity. It's been the Wests Tigers way since day dot. Josh the exact type of guy who can change the clubs entire culture.

Tiger Ted

Bench
TMM and Watson, we've had 2 inexperienced halves for the past 3 years. It doesn't work. Particularly when our 1 & 9 are going to be 23 and 21 respectively.

Obviously Cronk would have been the dream however IC said in the coach/ceo Q&A that he approached Cronk manager who said any decision won't be made til after the season. We couldn't afford to hang all our hope on a guy that might not even play next year and if he does will probably go to the roosters for $300k less then we offer (over the table anyway).

Personally I think JR will be good for us and more importantly good for Brooks. He cops a lot of shit but in his 6 years in first grade he has played:

* 5 finals series
* 2 grand finals (including one with Kris Keating as his halfback)
* 5 Origin games (the only nsw winning 5/8 in 12 years)

He also has a win at all costs attitude, something our club has NEVER had. We have never had a player who can lift the rest of the team through enthusiasm i.e leading kick chase, creating a try through sheer will etc. Weve always been a team that's tried to get out of tough situations through a flashy play, instead of playing smart, toughing it out and waiting for the right opportunity. It's been the Wests Tigers way since day dot. Josh the exact type of guy who can change the clubs entire culture.
Yep geez don't we ever need one heck of a culture change from the mollycoddling days of the sheenius where the lack of grit & killer instinct is endemic at this club.

My hope hinges on the fact that IC got the best out of a club like the warriors renowned for not having the killer instinct or the attitude required for success !!

Clifferd

Coach
Reynolds is one player I'm confident will be a very good signing. My hot prediction is he will lead us to a premiership or at least come very close in the 4 years he's with us. Huge culture change too with him being at the club

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Looks like Teddy got the bash

Italian drama as James Tedesco king-hit by teammate in bar brawl
The Daily Telegraph
38 minutes ago
STAR fullback James Tedesco was king-hit by Italian teammate Shannon Wakeman in a Cairns bar that sparked an ugly melee among players on Sunday evening.

Rugby League World Cup officials are investigating the incident, which took place at Cairns’ Pier Bar, where the Italian squad had gathered following their 36-12 loss to Ireland.

Wakeman believed Tedesco had propositioned his girlfriend and hit the Italian No. 1, angering his teammates in ugly scenes that spilt across tables.

The Dapto-born Wakeman, who plays for Huddersfield in the UK Super League, was banished from the team for the night while team management decided his future.

Despite Wakeman’s actions, it’s believed coach Cameron Ciraldo and senior players agreed to let the 106kg prop remain in the tournament.

The Italian squad have since moved on to Townsville, where they will try and get their flagging World Cup hopes back on track against the USA on Sunday

Latest posts