What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Tedesco

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yes but the Roosters have also featured in 6 grand finals in the time period you mention. So i'd say his chances of a Roosters premiership is a hell of a lot higher than if he stayed with Wests. It's convenient to start your time period in 1976, why not start in 1974? That would make it 4 Roosters premierships and 8 grand finals to your sole premiership and GF. Tedesco has certainly made the right decision.[/QUOTE
It's very premature to say he has 'certainly' made the right decision.

Winning a comp with the rorters is not necessarily higher coz we r obviously finally getting our shit together.The teams teddy will face when he plays us in the future will b a heck of a lot stronger than the pathetic teams he played in while playing for us.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yes but the Roosters have also featured in 6 grand finals in the time period you mention. So i'd say his chances of a Roosters premiership is a hell of a lot higher than if he stayed with Wests. It's convenient to start your time period in 1976, why not start in 1974? That would make it 4 Roosters premierships and 8 grand finals to your sole premiership and GF. Tedesco has certainly made the right decision.
It's very premature to b saying he has 'certainly' made the right decision!

His chances of winning comp with rorters r not necessarily higher as we r finally getting our shit together & the WT teams teddy faces in the future will b a heck of a lot stronger than the pathetic WT teams he has played in.

Cogburn

Juniors
The Roosters have a winning culture, they are nearly always there or thereabouts. Joining the Roosters was a no brainer, his other option was to remain with a bog ordinary team.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The Roosters have a winning culture, they are nearly always there or thereabouts. Joining the Roosters was a no brainer, his other option was to remain with a bog ordinary team.
Currently yes they r bog average but that's clearly about to change from '18 & onwards.

Turdesco's primary reason to go to the rorters is financial.One can only imagine the financial inducements his been offered by a club renowned for enticing players with massive perks & financial inducements separate to the salary cap.

Just prior to signing with the rorters this mercenary with zero integrity had verbally given the Tigers(it's y we let papenhuyzen sign with the storm) & then the dogs undertakings that he'd b signing with them.

The rorters can have him.From experience once u've had an ACL rupture another one to that same knee is imminent so the rorters r unlikely to get the value out of him commensurate with the Monopoly money they will b paying him.

Clifferd

Coach

While roosters are more likely to win a premiership it isn't exactly a guarantee.

I think I quoted Shaun Johnson from the warriors earlier, he said he could easily move to an Australian team and win a premiership, but it wouldn't have the same feeling as winning a premiership with the warriors, the team he came through the systems with. You could say the same about Tedesco

Tedesco could have led the Tigers to premiership glory, and became a one club legend. however now he will just be that bloke who went on to play for the Roosters for more money

Winning a premiership with your junior club is way more of an achievement than winning it with a club that has virtually brought their way to a premiership

Last edited:

Cogburn

Juniors
Currently yes they r bog average but that's clearly about to change from '18 & onwards.

Turdesco's primary reason to go to the rorters is financial.One can only imagine the financial inducements his been offered by a club renowned for enticing players with massive perks & financial inducements separate to the salary cap.

Just prior to signing with the rorters this mercenary with zero integrity had verbally given the Tigers(it's y we let papenhuyzen sign with the storm) & then the dogs undertakings that he'd b signing with them.

The rorters can have him.From experience once u've had an ACL rupture another one to that same knee is imminent so the rorters r unlikely to get the value out of him commensurate with the Monopoly money they will b paying him.
Why is it clearly about to change? When I make my list for the 8 in 2018 the Tigers won't feature. Just because you buy a few players doesn't mean your team will instantly be a good one. Look at the Warriors and the players they've purchased, they are very ordinary. I don't rate the players the Tigers have signed and when they take the field next year they might realize that their buying hasn't made one bit of difference. BTW Wests offered Tedesco more money than the Roosters.

Clifferd

Coach
Why is it clearly about to change? When I make my list for the 8 in 2018 the Tigers won't feature. Just because you buy a few players doesn't mean your team will instantly be a good one. Look at the Warriors and the players they've purchased, they are very ordinary. I don't rate the players the Tigers have signed and when they take the field next year they might realize that their buying hasn't made one bit of difference. BTW Wests offered Tedesco more money than the Roosters.

Because Tigers issues (forward pack being dominated) will be heavily changed next year onwards. Our complete roster overhaul is a team full of above average first graders compared to a team full of 2 rep players, 3 decent first graders and 12 reserve graders this year.

Not saying we make the 8, but we definitely have a more balanced roster compared to previous years which should give us every chance of making it

Tiger Ted

Bench
Hahaha if u believe turdesco was going to earn more from WT ur more naive than I thought u were !

Where the WT will finish in '18 according to a subjective opinion is irrelevant particularly as we r only midway through the '17 season & there r many variables that r yet to influence a teams prospects in '18.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Why is it clearly about to change? When I make my list for the 8 in 2018 the Tigers won't feature.

oh well i guess we're fcked then, probably not even worth having a team next year

The Roosters have a winning culture.

no, the roosters just go buy origin players whenever they want too then throw them aside when they are no longer needed

BTW Wests offered Tedesco more money than the Roosters.

on the table maybe and if you exclude TPA. ben elias said the roosters offer was higher then the tigers.

Clifferd

Coach
oh well i guess we're fcked then, probably not even worth having a team next year

no, the roosters just go buy origin players whenever they want too then throw them aside when they are no longer needed

on the table maybe and if you exclude TPA. ben elias said the roosters offer was higher then the tigers.

Seriously, how many alt accounts does razor need?

Tigerm

First Grade
They have a winning culture??? You must be young. Last year......
Out of interest, I wonder what the stats from 2000 are, I am not saying they weren't better placed than us in some past years, but in other years they were not and next year ......we will see.

Tiger05

First Grade
The rorters have always been a team that struggled until they got sponsors (Politis/Packer) who had money. The Tigers were always a better team. It's a new thing where they have the money and go after players.

Cogburn

Juniors
Hahaha if u believe turdesco was going to earn more from WT ur more naive than I thought u were !

Where the WT will finish in '18 according to a subjective opinion is irrelevant particularly as we r only midway through the '17 season & there r many variables that r yet to influence a teams prospects in '18.
Mate you're the one talking them up.

Cogburn

Juniors
The rorters have always been a team that struggled until they got sponsors (Politis/Packer) who had money. The Tigers were always a better team. It's a new thing where they have the money and go after players.
What are you talking about? The Roosters have money because of their leagues club, they have been a mega wealthy club since 1968. And what years are you referring too regarding your claim that the Tigers have always been a better team? That's such a ridiculous statement.

Tiger05

First Grade
I have a mate who was a Rorters supporter. It was a sad story. The guy seemed okay but it was obvious he had issues. His parents had him locked up and lobotomised so he could fit in with other Rorters supporters.

Anyway I remember the Tigers consistently doing better than the Rorters. We had a competitive team for a while in the 80's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts