What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Tedesco

Just on Lolo, was amazed at how sharp he is at changing direction for a bloke his size. Not to sound like sour grapes but I think he is as good as Teddy with his footwork.

I don't think he played bad, I just don't think he was great. People say we only look threatening when he gets the ball, that's because every play revolves around him getting it and he never passes.

Teddys been out fullback for 5 years now and we haven't made the finals once. We will be a totally different team without him with a whole new attacking structure. Yes I would have preferred we kept him but it's hardly the end of the world.

In respect to the last paragraph, correlation doesn't equal causation. Yeah we've not made the finals with him in the whole time he's been in grade here but he's the icing on the cake type player, not a player who'll carry you to the finals. I agree though that if losing him means we are a more well balanced side next year it makes it easier to accept. That, and the deliberate targeting of him and other unrelated injuries will see that he will continue to sit 40% of the season out at Easts. For a million bucks a year that is not reflective of value for money.

I did notice yesterday he was better supported when he ran and he never looked to get the ball away.

Tigerm

First Grade
I did notice yesterday he was better supported when he ran and he never looked to get the ball away.
Repeating myself here, but he did find the space to give the last pass for Marsters try.
But is he probably better with ball in hand.

Repeating myself here, but he did find the space to give the last pass for Marsters try.
But is he probably better with ball in hand.

Exception to the rule, but I largely found that in space he doesn't give his supporting runners a look in.

Clifferd

Coach
Exception to the rule, but I largely found that in space he doesn't give his supporting runners a look in.

Can confirm. He found space and was always going to be tackled yet had MWZ in space and still held it

A selfish player, but a good selfish player

Radical Rat

Juniors
I understand the hate for teddy as he is leaving us but for those saying he played badly today, were you watching the same game? He was by far our best player. He may run sideways a bit too much, but he was always dangerous, made a heap of metres, was heavily involved in pretty much everything and is safe as a house at the back. He is irreplaceable imo, how are we better next year without him?

I couldn't agree more. I think people's bitterness about him leaving is clouding their judgement. Teddy was unbelievable yesterday. He is an absolute freak. He either makes a break or a half break every single time he touches the ball. The defence is so terrified of committing to him him they hang off which gives him the space to weave his magic.

I'm hopeful next year that we'll have a complete shift in team culture and tactics which will lead to success, but let's not fool ourselves, he's a once in a generation player and it destroys my soul that it will be fulfilled in another teams jersey.

Tiger05

First Grade
Losing Tedesco is the big loss that we've suffered this year. It's the biggest loss I think we've ever suffered. I still think he is a complete scum human being. He should have stayed and shown some loyalty.

Losing Woods though is a massive positive for us especially on a cap management basis.

I couldn't agree more. I think people's bitterness about him leaving is clouding their judgement. Teddy was unbelievable yesterday. He is an absolute freak. He either makes a break or a half break every single time he touches the ball. The defence is so terrified of committing to him him they hang off which gives him the space to weave his magic.

I'm hopeful next year that we'll have a complete shift in team culture and tactics which will lead to success, but let's not fool ourselves, he's a once in a generation player and it destroys my soul that it will be fulfilled in another teams jersey.

Nah, he doesn't want to be here. f**k the merkin.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Tedesco is a gun no doubt and he will be missed, but with him in the team we will never know how good some of the younger guys like Suli & Marsters could be. Our attack at this point is basically give it to Teddy who goes for a run.

It will also be interesting to see how Teddy goes at the Roosters. With a star studded backline he will not get the ball every time he likes and may have to develop a better passing game, which he rarely does anymore. But I am sure getting payed bucket loads more money for doing much less work will be very satisfying to a spoilt Millennial brat.

Long term Teddy may even end up on the wing when Latrell grows into his man body and realizes how good he is.

simmo1

First Grade
RTS broke all sorts of records behind the Roosters pack and he is just as big a ball hog as Tedesco.

stryker

First Grade

This has been his worst year at this club. runs around in circles like a kid, very reluctantly passes the ball and has missed dozens of tackles for tries. He is a hog who gets in the road of his runners a lot.
Next year we have a good replacement in Lolo and with the left over money from his asking price, got another good player on the roster. I see no downside.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Tedesco will go to a new level at the Roosters, ending with an Australian number 1 jersey. You all know its true, stop being so spiteful

He is going to be sorely missed at the Tigers
One thing about the rorters is turdesco won't b spending anywhere near the time in the head bin as he has with us as they will b defying the HIA protocols when it involves such a major investment!! Then again the impressionable backflip merchant is happy to play for the effluent for a discounted price !! f**k him.Yep he will fit in well at the superficial soulless bondi scum!

The rorters dominant record over us will come to an end just when the turd becomes employed by them !!

super_coach

First Grade
There is no doubt Teddy will be missed and he will get better at the Chooks as he will not be the only attacking weapon. So he will not have to over play his hand as he tends to do now.

On a positive side for us we will be so much stronger 1 thru 17 next year so maybe the loss of Teddy will be asborbed

Tedesco will go to a new level at the Roosters, ending with an Australian number 1 jersey. You all know its true, stop being so spiteful

He is going to be sorely missed at the Tigers

I don't know about Australian jersey. Boyd will hold him out IMO. He has a slow start to the year next year and Tommy Turbo may even usurp his #1 for the Blues.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
There is no doubt Teddy will be missed and he will get better at the Chooks as he will not be the only attacking weapon. So he will not have to over play his hand as he tends to do now..
It will certainly help us in giving opposition teams a less obvious mark for defense

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
If Woods can keep his origin spot all these years, then Teddy is guaranteed to keep his fullback spot also.

Reckon ted will probably get on the Roos train on squad and be back up fullback or something, probably play a couple games against Minnow nations

Could even nab a wing spot.

hutch

First Grade
This has been his worst year at this club. runs around in circles like a kid, very reluctantly passes the ball and has missed dozens of tackles for tries. He is a hog who gets in the road of his runners a lot.
Next year we have a good replacement in Lolo and with the left over money from his asking price, got another good player on the roster. I see no downside.

I would say the complete opposite of this is true 95% of the time. I'm bitter he is leaving as well but there to say there is no downside is ridiculous.

Latest posts