What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAPANESE RL TO EXPAND

dimitri

First Grade
the jrl is busy recruiting up to 60 players from overseas

the jrl will find jobs and accommodation for the players

the jrl is currently 3 teams and will increase to 6

any player interested in playing in japan should email

at info@rugbyleaguereview.com

japanese visa requirements state a player must have a baecholor degree or diploma to get a fully sponsored working visa

players under the age of 30 are eligible for a working holiday

which means they can stay for 18 months

Big Bunny

Juniors
Lantana said:
Dimitri

What sort of deals are they doing?

Is there any contract money??

No contract money. If you want to go, the money will be coming from the position they secure you, most likely in teaching conversational english.

In-goal

Bench
i would imagine a fairly moderate standard, but i would expect decent wages as cost of living in Japan is expensive.

Living in Japan isn't as expensive as people think - particularly as if you land a decent teaching job (though, that can take time, skill and connections) you can clear anything up to four grand a month.

The standard's park footy at the moment (and the good players tend to be noticeably white, with names like Smith and Jones rather than Yamamoto), but hey, you gotta start somewhere.

In-goal

Bench
Saw snippets of the Japan Union team last night, most of them would be better suited to the real version of rugby rather than union.

obsulete

Juniors
In-goal said:
Saw snippets of the Japan Union team last night, most of them would be better suited to the real version of rugby rather than union.

I was just about to say that... They run hard and tackle harder... Would really suit TGG.

Noel

Juniors
A mate of mine was over there and said that between May and September it's extremely humid and sport such as league could not be played except in the far north perhaps at night. If you are under 30 and from Australia, NZ, Canada or the UK, you can get a working holiday visa to work in Japan. No uni degree or Japanese speaking ability is needed to teach English over there.

Bengal

Juniors
In-goal said:

Yep you are soooo right!

What an untaped market.

If there's one country I'd like to see League conquer that is the one.

They are so much more suited to league than union, certainly physically anyway.

Latest posts