What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jared Anderson resurrects football career!

Foz

Bench
Well you dont have to be a mental giant to see which one the Sharks prefer.
I know who'll be laughing last.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
All previous preparations for Jarrod, A through to G, have ended in catastrophy. This one holds so much promise.
We will call this one, preperation H.

DJDL

Bench
I'm curious as to why the same cries of nepotism were not heard when Andrew Pierce was picked in first grade week-in, week-out.

Sure, he was a solid player, but he kept Beattie in reserves for years.

Genius Freak

Juniors
The thing with Pierce is that Pierce had SOME ability. He was never going to be a superstar, but he did the job more often than not. See if you can find a tape of our game against the Tigers last year at Liechardt and watch Anderson's wing get targeted again and again. Watch very ordinary players blow by him. Anderson was a nice enough guy to talk to, but he just wasn't first grade standard. He was in the side continuously while Ross, Kent, Simmons, etc languished in divison. And the only reason he was there was because of his dad. I still get cold chills when I think that Anderson was planning to include his son in this season's top 25. I hope he plays in round 2. I really do. We'll run Vagana or Bailey at him all day. :D

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No he didn't.
And Andrew Pierce was not picked in the squad by his father.
He was there because he was good enough at the time & Beatie wasn't.
Beattie is still on the Bench & to my recollection has only had 1 year of full starts.
Might have something to do with his fitness or lack there of.

Inept

Juniors
opes has family in the dogs right?

the dogs sign jarrod to help out opes in his court case. it shows that they believe he is a quality player and shouldn't of been dropped

lolesi

First Grade
I did not rate Pierce, infact i hated him playing, i really really did :twisted:

Don Juan de Lotto said:
I'm curious as to why the same cries of nepotism were not heard when Andrew Pierce was picked in first grade week-in, week-out.

Sure, he was a solid player, but he kept Beattie in reserves for years.

Comparing Anderson with Andrew Pierce? That's a insult to a hardworking clubman. Andrew Pierce was a honest player for the Sharks consistently one of our better offloading forwards. He gave us good service even though he had a bung knee for many seasons. Chris Beattie joined the club in 2000. He made his debut on May 6, 2000. So saying that Pierce kept Beattie out of first grade for 'years' is incorrect.

Now Stuart Pierce might be a better player to compare with Anderson. He played only only 8 first grade games with the Sharks over 4 seasons, which was pretty much comensurate with his ability. Jarrad Anderson who played some of the worst shockers in the history of first grade last played 14 games in one season. That he wasn't dropped after the West Tigers debacle is the most amazing selection decisions ever.

I say that nepotism aside Jarrad Anderson was well below first grade standard, as was Laloa Milford. It was a disgrace that backs of their patent lack of talent were polluting a Sharks three quarter line that has fielded some of the most exciting players in the history of the game.

:lol:
Laloa Milford was picked off a building site where he was labouring after failing to make a game of things playing at the dizzying heights of France's Pia Donkeys.

Therefore sheros, your use of the words 'disgrace' and 'polluting' are a great description of that particular joke.

The rot started at the top with that one. Milford gave 110% but he shouldnt have been anywhere near an NRL side. Chris Anderson is accountable. Mellor, McKenna, Campbell and more left either directly or indirectly because of CA, in order to make way for a Donkey.

Anonymous

Juniors
Anderson was just shit. Don't know where all the sympathy votes have sprung from, but I'm glad I never have to see him befouling the Cronulla jersey ever again.

carcharias

Immortal
gotta agree Ando jr was crap . I feel a bit sorry for him because he cops heaps but that dosn't change the fact that he was crap.
I'll never forget the game he ran into Peach while Peach was waiting to take a kick that was going down his throat. Peach dropped the ball lucky for jr it went back but not after he got the staring equivalent of saying Im gonna rip your head off from Peach.

millersnose

Post Whore
El Garbo said:
Anderson was just sh*t. Don't know where all the sympathy votes have sprung from, but I'm glad I never have to see him befouling the Cronulla jersey ever again.

actually if i remember correctly YOU awarded him points in one of the games last year

wittyfan

Referee
millersnose said:
El Garbo said:
Anderson was just sh*t. Don't know where all the sympathy votes have sprung from, but I'm glad I never have to see him befouling the Cronulla jersey ever again.

actually if i remember correctly YOU awarded him points in one of the games last year

:shock: How was that possible?!

Anonymous

Juniors
Well Anderson ended the season without any points against his name, I think you're making things up millers... ;-)

Latest posts