What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarome Luai

mxlegend99

Referee
I think letting them play as s traditional 7 and 6 would be brilliant for penrith long term I would love to see that.
They certainly have different strengths that could help suit more scenarios.

But Luai I think will be better going back to reserves for a bit. Before he has a shocker thst might damage his growing confidence. Or msybe as utility

betcats

Referee
In regards to the Luai being a 6 or 7 I am going to reference brandy, not comparing them just using him as a reference.

Brandy had all the attacking skills and creativity to be a natural five eighth but he also possessed the qualities that allowed him to be a great halfback and control a team.

I’m not saying Jerome will be anywhere near as good as brandy but I am saying he is similar in that he posses great running game, vision and passing but also has the ability to be a 7 and control the team and get us around the park.

mxlegend99

Referee
Honestly May has been disappointing a tad. Maybe its the shadow Luai is casting now. But they look the opposite of reserve grade form.

Not to say May has been bad. He hasn't. He just hasnt been as great as I hoped. I think we get a 10/10 for effort. But we definitely niss having experience in key positions. Probably the wingers too

OldPanther

Coach
Honestly May has been disappointing a tad. Maybe its the shadow Luai is casting now. But they look the opposite of reserve grade form.

Not to say May has been bad. He hasn't. He just hasnt been as great as I hoped. I think we get a 10/10 for effort. But we definitely niss having experience in key positions. Probably the wingers too

Get DWZ, Mansour back with Luai at FB and Cleary/Maloney halves we go undefeated.

franklin2323

Immortal
They certainly have different strengths that could help suit more scenarios.

But Luai I think will be better going back to reserves for a bit. Before he has a shocker thst might damage his growing confidence. Or msybe as utility

That is why FB ATM is good for him can just play and has more space

mxlegend99

Referee
Cleary and Maloney must have gotten hard watching that left edge. Kikau and Blake can create opportunities ftom nothing with pure strength.

Feed them the ball and you will get try and linebreak assists.

Can see the finish line now. That should keep them going. Dumb errors tonight and shit ref cost us. The 6 injured rep players would fix that all

Agreed with the dumb errors. That first half was as if we were looking for opportunities to hand the ball back to the Sharks, or to give them easy metres without even trying.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors

He's coming off an acl injury. Greg Inglis, RTS, Tedesco, almost everyone who comes off one take doesn't look as good as before for awhile.

Panfa

Juniors
Game was closer than the scoreline suggests if chrichton catches the ball cleanly its 18 all with 9 to go and we get the ball back different game.silly errors cost us dumb penalties late in the tackle count failing to find touch and getting caught on last tackle with the ball a few times killed us tonight.i agree may has been a tad disappointing he looks very slow especially when running across field as the more experienced half he sat back and watched luai run the show

Kilkenny

Coach
I thought Jarome Luai had a terrific game this evening in attack and defence.

He was so close on a couple of occasions this evening and only desperate defending from the Sharks prevented a possible try or two.

betcats

Referee
He's coming off an acl injury. Greg Inglis, RTS, Tedesco, almost everyone who comes off one take doesn't look as good as before for awhile.

What stood out for me was after we made a break and got a fast play the ball he was indecisive and ran sideways which killed the chance. He’s more of a utility, better playing as a forward I think.

betcats

Referee
I’ve noticed Luai tends to tuck the ball under his arm when he takes the line on, he needs to hold it out in front with two hands like Moylan and Cleary do when they run at the line, he will be a lot more dangerous that way.

kinghippo

Juniors
I thought luai was great again, loved the confidence of backing himself and taking the line on.
There were a few occasions we got caught on the fifth or we’re out of position to put in effective kicks because of that style of play though.
The experience to know when a repeat set or good kick is the better option will come with time.