What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarome Luai

betcats

Referee
I thought luai was great again, loved the confidence of backing himself and taking the line on.
There were a few occasions we got caught on the fifth or we’re out of position to put in effective kicks because of that style of play though.
The experience to know when a repeat set or good kick is the better option will come with time.

Putting him next to cleary or Maloney should clean that up a fair bit. It will be good to see how he goes with nath next week, May played his best footy when he played in the halves with Cleary. Luai without the pressure of being the dominant organiser should be good.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
What stood out for me was after we made a break and got a fast play the ball he was indecisive and ran sideways which killed the chance. He’s more of a utility, better playing as a forward I think.
He'll take on the line more when he has more confidence and he'll get more confidence he gets closer to 100%.

Tronald Crump

Juniors

Shared in case anyone missed it.

Luai wants to stay loyal to Panthers
By
Nathan Taylor
-
July 18, 2018, 16:26
He’s currently in hot demand right across the NRL, but new Panthers excitement machine Jarome Luai wants it known that staying at Penrith is his number one priority.

Following a breakout performance against the Warriors earlier this month, the 21-year-old St Marys junior instantly became hot property.

It’s understood Luai’s market value literally tripled after just one game.
Penrith fans got so excited that, for a moment, they almost forgot about their current halfback who was leading NSW to State of Origin glory.

Speaking with Extra Time from the Gold Coast this week, Luai said he would love nothing more than to remain at Penrith after his current deal expires in 2019.

“Oh yeah of course… I love Penrith, the people and the community,” he said.

“I was born in Penrith, so it’s always been my dream to play for this club. I’ve never really thought about leaving, to be honest.

“I love it here and hopefully it does happen [re-signing with Penrith].”

luai2.jpg

Jarome Luai. Photo: Melinda Jane
With Nathan Cleary also off-contract at the end of next season, it’s widely believed that the club won’t be able to fit both halves on their books. However, Luai said Cleary potentially staying at the foot of the Mountains won’t have any impact on his desire to remain at Penrith.

“I think even if Nathan decides to stay it will also be in my interest to stick around and try and play with him,” he said.

“Nathan and I came through the grades together, so it will be pretty cool to play with him as well.”

Following two standout performances against the Warriors and Sharks, Luai has been named on an extended bench for Friday’s important clash against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium. Luai is currently on standby for both Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (hamstring) and James Maloney (toe).

Luai said if he can’t play in the halves for the foreseeable future, he’s happy to play at fullback or as a utility off the bench.

“I played two games of fullback last year and I really got familiar with the position,” he said.

http://westernweekender.com.au/2018/07/luai-wants-to-stay-loyal-to-panthers/

betcats

Referee
"Played two games at fullback last season".....no doubt he will go well in attack but jeez he is going to be tested.

betcats

Referee
He would of training with the origin halves kicking too him. Compare that to the garbage Bronx halves..He will be fine this week anyway

Hopefully. The ruck penalty warning from the refs this week has me a little worried, we push it in that area already.

roofromoz

First Grade
What's the maximum number of NRL matches played going into a season to still be considered Dally M rookie of the year now? Luai has 4.