What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne accused of rape

mave

Coach
Something like 95% of these civil rape claims settle due to the costs of it all. Thats because even if the defendant wins, he isn't getting his legal fees back. So if the plaintiff will settle for less than the lawyers fees ($200k?) it makes total sense.
Hayne should talk to the NRL about these things and say hey if you are going to freak out and worry about what it means to the outrage crowd when I settle it (for "hush money") then you should consider letting Parra pay my legal fees to go to trial.

Oh yeah ! Off the cap too. Parra need a few more leg-ups.

And let's make Jarrod the Mayor of Parramatta as well, while we are at it. I'm sure it has been a dream of his at one point.

Life's Good

Coach
Didn't he get suspended for something aside the sexual allegations? I've seen it said both here and r/nrl.
Pretty sure the fact he was heavily drunk when it all happened played a big part(game into disrepute sort of thing)as he was to be the face of the game. The sexual assault allegations added to the drama(happy to be corrected if this isn’t totally accurate but it’s what I recall).

Rhyno

First Grade
Oh yeah ! Off the cap too. Parra need a few more leg-ups.

And let's make Jarrod the Mayor of Parramatta as well, while we are at it. I'm sure it has been a dream of his at one point.

The NRL owe us after the way they screwed us over in 2016

thorson1987

Coach
Pretty sure the fact he was heavily drunk when it all happened played a big part(game into disrepute sort of thing)as he was to be the face of the game. The sexual assault allegations added to the drama(happy to be corrected if this isn’t totally accurate but it’s what I recall).

Yet wasn't it determined that he wasn't actually drunk?

I still believe Gallop suspended him for the sexual assault allegation and used the being drunk as an excuse.

mave

Coach

Ok, let's assume Stewart was drunk. (heavily disputed, mind you, and I believe, mentioned in court.)

Does every player who is seen drunk in public get a 4 week suspension ?
I wonder if wonder boy Jarryd had a few beers before the consensual activity with this sheila?

Hasn't Hayne brought the game into so called "disrepute" ?