What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

T-Boon

Coach
Hayne has been training all pre season in the centers with French at fullback. You think they are going to change it right before round 1?

They have both been cross training. Hayne has had plenty of time at fullback and French has had plenty of time on the wing. That has been to create competition, to indicate to Hayne that he has to earn his opportunity and in case of injuries.

Noise

Coach
They have both been cross training. Hayne has had plenty of time at fullback and French has had plenty of time on the wing. That has been to create competition, to indicate to Hayne that he has to earn his opportunity and in case of injuries.

The only way Hayne plays fullback in round 1 is if French gets injured in the next few weeks.

(I actually prefer Hayne at fullback but it's not happening)

lingard

Coach

I, t
I think Hayne will start the season at fullback.
It is obvious at this point he is making a great impression in pre season. Add to that Bevan French has a great attitude towards learning his craft from the wing. I also like Gutherson at centre long term. He has realistic representative prospects at centre and maybe a progression to 5/8.
I realise that the club will be factoring in that Guth and French are key long term future players but BA knows that 2018 is a get it done season not a building season. We need the best players in their best positions.

I, too, like the ìdea of Gutherson at centre. In my opinion his only options this year are fullback or centre. But he won't be back for a few rounds. To start Hayne at fullback would mean bringing Taka (who is training in the second row?) back to centre, and moving French (who BA said had first shot at fullback) to the wing. Can't see it happenning. If Hayne does move to fullback, it will be after Gutherson returns.

T-Boon

Coach
The only way Hayne plays fullback in round 1 is if French gets injured in the next few weeks.

(I actually prefer Hayne at fullback but it's not happening)

There is still three weeks to go includung trial games that will decide the situation.
I haven't heard how French has been going in training (I assume professional and impressive as always). But all the info about Hayne has been glowing.
I predict Hayne starts at the back.

Noise

Coach
There is still three weeks to go includung trial games that will decide the situation.
I haven't heard how French has been going in training (I assume professional and impressive as always). But all the info about Hayne has been glowing.

Go and read TCT and you will learn that Hayne has been very good at right centre where he has played in both in house trials and French has been very good at fullback where he played in both in house trials.

Noise

Coach
I don't know what TCT is.
I will bet 20 cents Hayne starts at FB.

The Cumberland Throw. It’s an eels website. The guys who run it attend eels training sessions about 3 times a week and give a report on what occurs. I recommend it.

hindy111

Post Whore
I, t

I, too, like the ìdea of Gutherson at centre. In my opinion his only options this year are fullback or centre. But he won't be back for a few rounds. To start Hayne at fullback would mean bringing Taka (who is training in the second row?) back to centre, and moving French (who BA said had first shot at fullback) to the wing. Can't see it happenning. If Hayne does move to fullback, it will be after Gutherson returns.

Or Auvau in centres.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hayne is the wrong type of player to play fullback in our structure. Like all the good teams we need a high involvement fullback who supports on every play. Not someone to bludge around hoping for early ball against a retreating defence.

He can do that at centre.

T-Boon

Coach
Hayne is the wrong type of player to play fullback in our structure. Like all the good teams we need a high involvement fullback who supports on every play. Not someone to bludge around hoping for early ball against a retreating defence.

One of the intriguing things about this season is how a motivated Hayne with a point to prove fits into an already strong team with winning habits. When has he ever been in that situation? Do we know anything about his ability to fit in like that?

He became a great ball playing fullback because the Eels were in need of that kind of fullback, along the way he had to sacrifice some of his support play role that he was pretty damn good at in 09. I don't think that necessarily means on potential he isn't still the best support playing fullback in the club. I suspect he is. Mainly because he is the best at pretty much everything he puts his mind to on the field.

For example, it became obvious in 09 that he has the best long kicking game in RL except that he relinquished those duties for some reason to do with team harmony or something. He just doesn't work on it much any more. If he did he would kick 40/20s on a regular basis but Corey Norman would probably sulk and move back to Qld.