What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Gazzamatta

Coach
There certainly has been a blitz and I am sure that Todd thinks that it is short time pain for long term gain.

The sin bin for repeated infringements has me baffled. Refs can be awarding a team 5:1 penalties and then to give a further piggy back by throwing someone from the defending team in the bin. Well of course the defending team will be penalized more compared to the team who have had the ball for 20 mins !

In 2018 a team with early momentum will more than likely dominate for the entire match.
Like in round 1 vrs The Pennys?
I do take your point though. As bad as Parra are its a tad easier to understand given The Cows and some performances by The Salary Caps and The Cheats. I think a lot of coaches have been caught short.
Both JTs, Scott, Maclane, Morgan and a team that never gave up at the back of last year. Who can explain whats happened to The Cows other than age which may be part of The Eels issues as well albeit on a much smaller scale.
Parra are stale. BA needs to change things up. I recall the 2009 run and when DA was asked what changed he replied " nothing" or "dont know" or words to that effect. What happened was offloads a plenty then what happened in 2010? A disaster. Teams have to keep reinventing themselves. Parra dont.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Still reckon thats his position now days. Very dissapointed he was re injured today. So who do we bring back early from injury next week?
On the positive side Smith must be 14. Fantastic coverage by that guy.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Hayne says hip won't be long-term injury
Author
Dan Walsh
Timestamp
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 02:57 PM
Share on social media
Jarryd Hayne will be sent for scans on the recurring hip flexor injury that took the gloss off his first win in Parramatta colours since 2014.

Hayne's first game back from a month-long layoff lasted all of 30 minutes against Manly, with the 30-year-old going down after setting up Manu Ma'u for the Eels first try.

He left the field five minutes later and did not return in the 44-10 romp, but both Hayne coach Brad Arthur insisted he was not rushed back early from the injury sustained against the Sharks in round three.

Hayne will have scans on the injury on Sunday evening, and is hopeful of a shorter stint on the sidelines this time round.

"It felt all sweet during the week, we checked all the boxes in training," Hayne told NRL.com after the match.

"Then when I got put in an awkward position it was no good, it went again. I copped a knock and it was just a bit lower down, which was disappointing, but that's footy."

Hayne's homecoming at Parramatta has been less than ideal to date, with the jury still out on whether he can jag an extension to the one-year-deal that brought him back from the Titans.

Another lay-off won't help.

Hayne remained in good spirits in the wake of the Eels first win in seven attempts this season, even if he struggled to remember the victory song after five years elsewhere.

"I was a bit confused there when I was singing [the victory song], but I'll get the hang of it," he laughed.

"It's taken us a while to get that first win, but right now it's a big relief. That's the word for it and obviously now we've got to back it up next week.”

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/04/22/hayne-says-hip-wont-be-long-term-injury/

Latest posts