What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Gronk

Staff member
I stopped watching 360 a few months ago but will tune back in just to see that.

Agree. Just worried that Todd might want us to cease any appeals + have our EGM + appoint NRL approved board before he signs off on it. Could be too good to be true TBH.

Suitman

Post Whore
Agree. Just worried that Todd might want us to cease any appeals + have our EGM + appoint NRL approved board before he signs off on it. Could be too good to be true TBH.

If it's not against the rules though, how can he throw up any pre-conditions before signing it off?

So, Parra can sign Hayne if they comply with conditions 1 through 3.
Any other club can sign him whenever they like.
This doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

ash411

Bench
If it's not against the rules though, how can he throw up any pre-conditions before signing it off?

Any other club can sign him when ever they like.
This doesn't make sense.
Just playing devils advocate here...

Maybe we should have thought about that before we cheated...

Again, just playing devils advocate. I agree that it sucks that they can hold us to ransom like that.

jono

Juniors
Just how many tries will Bevan French score between now and the end of the year if Haynesy comes back?

Suitman

Post Whore
Just playing devils advocate here...

Maybe we should have thought about that before we cheated...

Again, just playing devils advocate. I agree that it sucks that they can hold us to ransom like that.

Mate,

As I said, if we play by the rules everyone else has to, it shouldn't make any difference whether we've been found guilty of cheating or not.
As long as we remain under the cap, Greenburg can't and shouldn't do it.

Last Week

Bench

Any other club can sign him whenever they like.
This doesn't make sense.

I'm pretty sure it's actually illegal if the NRL did that.

If we present them a legitimate contract signed by Jarryd to play for us, and they say no because we haven't accepted their conditions re the salary cap findings and governance review, it is black mail and it's also preventing Jarryd from getting employment.

I hope they try and do it. It'd be the end of Greenberg as we know it.

ash411

Bench
I'm pretty sure it's actually illegal if the NRL did that.

If we present them a legitimate contract signed by Jarryd to play for us, and they say no because we haven't accepted their conditions re the salary cap findings and governance review, it is black mail and it's also preventing Jarryd from getting employment.

I hope they try and do it. It'd be the end of Greenberg as we know it.
No it won't. No one (apart from us) will care if Greenberg stops us from doing anything.

Everyone hates us right now, If the news came out that he stopped us from signing Hayne, you know what the general public will say?

Good, cheating bastards don't deserve to get Hayne.

That's how they feel about us right now, no one is sympathetic, even Storm and Bulldogs fans aren't, they think we got off way too lightly and are pissed we even have any chance at the finals this year.

Toddy would have nothing but outpourings of public support if he blocked us from signing Hayne. Apart from a (relatively) small bunch Parra fans.

Sphagnum

Coach
No it won't. No one (apart from us) will care if Greenberg stops us from doing anything.

Everyone hates us right now, If the news came out that he stopped us from signing Hayne, you know what the general public will say?

That's how they feel about us right now, no one is sympathetic, even Storm and Bulldogs fans aren't, they think we got off way too lightly and are pissed we even have any chance at the finals this year.

Toddy would have nothing but outpourings of public support if he blocked us from signing Hayne. Apart from a (relatively) small bunch Parra fans.

It's not a f**ken popularity contest. Fmd

Suitman

Post Whore

I respectfully disagree for the reasons given previously.
The NRL expected us to play under the rules. We didn't apparently, and were penalised accordingly.
If we are expected to play under the same rules as everyone else, and we do, to sign Hayne, then they should not have an issue with it.
They cannot make shit up as they go along just to appease fans and management of other clubs.

ash411

Bench
I respectfully disagree for the reasons given previously.
The NRL expected us to play under the rules. We didn't apparently, and were penalised accordingly.
If we are expected to play under the same rules as everyone else, and we do, to sign Hayne, then they should not have an issue with it.
They cannot make shit up as they go along just to appease fans and management of other clubs.
I don't disagree with anything you said. Not at all.

But I just feel that it won't happen that way. And if it happens the way I fear it will, No one will be up in arms about it.

ash411

Bench
It's not a f**ken popularity contest. Fmd
bull it's not...

Everything is about public opinion these days, and our public image ain't good right now. That's my point. No one sides with the recently busted cheaters. That's just how it is.

Is it crap? yep. It is unfair and potentially illegal? sure. That doesn't mean they won't do it, then we'll have to be the pricks that take them court, yet again.

phantom eel

First Grade
I know we're discussing dodgy sports journalism and poor communication from the NRL... but just because the 30June registration doesn't apply to players who are not NRL registered, why do we assume there are no rules at all to the post-30 June registration of such players?

It would make sense if there was a phrase (or interpretation) that this can only occur "at the NRL's discretion" - it is their competitoon after all, and surely the submission of a mere contract for Hayne for six rounds can't force the NRL to accept and register it - even if we shed Foran's 2016 contract and have cap space.

And why do we think any other club would be allowed to, just because we are told we can't? Sloppy quotes from Greenberg - and an opportunity to force his agenda for us in the media - but surely thoughts of Hayne joining for the remaining rounds are pure fantasy?

Latest posts