What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

IFR33K

Coach
If this form continues I'd be happy to pay him a lot more than that.
What I would do is offer him big one year contracts so for 2019 offer him $700k with an option in the clubs favour which if we exercise he gets $800k.

7-800k would be too much imo. He’s had an injury disrupted season, and won’t be getting any younger.

Suitman

Post Whore
We are mad if we don't keep Hayne.
Without him creating two tries on Friday, we have nothing and Newcastle beat us easily.

Its hard and I actually feel sorry for Hayne. He's Parra born and bred. I've no doubt he loves us.
We are a shambles of a club when in reality, we are the only Sydney club that with so much potential to turn this league upside down. We could be huge.
The fact we have been such a shambles for so long is an embarrassment, and it is a clear that we have wasted decades to fulfill our potential. Those that have been in charge over the years should be ashamed of themselves and of the fact that they all promised so much and delivered nothing.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Compared to others that are on the same money, I'd give it to Hayne to keep him.

Giving him that much, will obviously mean we have to compensate somewhere else. How many quality years would Hayne have left, 2? If he signs for 500k I’d be all over it like a fat kid over cake.

T-Boon

Coach
Why is our club being smart arsed about resigning Hayne?
Article today has Gurr saying "there have been no further talks about resigning Hayne for 2019". Just shut the hell up and sign him for F sake.
Do we think we are clever or something? Lets not act like we have other players capable of making line breaks or even asking the simplest questions of the opposition defense. We had one other and we let him slip away to French Rugby.
Now we are getting all cute about Hayne again when last time we tried that he signed with the Titans.

Gronk

Staff member
Article today has Gurr saying "there have been no further talks about resigning Hayne for 2019". Just shut the hell up and sign him for F sake.
Do we think we are clever or something? Lets not act like we have other players capable of making line breaks or even asking the simplest questions of the opposition defense. We had one other and we let him slip away to French Rugby.
Now we are getting all cute about Hayne again when last time we tried that he signed with the Titans.

Hayne wants to leave it until the end of the year.

T-Boon

Coach
Hayne wants to leave it until the end of the year.

Really?
Interesting.
I've looked into this myth that idiots like KENT try to run that he plays well when he is off contract the next season but it does not stack up since his two Dally M seasons he was contracted the following season.

emjaycee

Coach

I know it might not fit with any agenda if you have one, but let's spend a minute and try and comprehend the truth of both situations you have outlined.

1. Hayne
Signed for 1 year at a reduced contract value with both him and the club saying that an extension would be based on form (clubs view) and desire to go around again (his view).
Has a solid pre-season and then gets injured in Round 3. Comes back in Round 7 and re-injured.
Comes back in Round 14 and has played 4 consecutive games since, scoring 3 tries and a few try assists.
Says in July 2018 "I am focused on this year and will make a decision on next year at the end of the season"
Club says in July 2018 "There have been no further talks about resigning Hayne for 2019"

T-Boon Says: "Just shut the hell up and sign him for F sake."

2. Semi
June 2016 charged with 2 counts of Domestic Violence. Court hearing scheduled for Nov 2016.
Late Nov 2016 Toulon announce they have signed him for 2018 after he completes Parra Eels contract (end of 2017).
Feb 2017 Eels CEO says "In early December 2016 the Parramatta Eels indicated our wish to keep Semi at our club by making a very attractive offer to Semi for the 2017 (upgrade of existing contract), 2018 and 2019 NRL seasons. The offer from Toulon was substantially higher than our Club's offer."
May 2017 All charges against him dropped.
May 2017 Radradra's manager says "his client would not have signed a deal to leave the NRL and play rugby in France if domestic violence charges had not been levelled against him."
May 2017 Eels CEO says ""We offered Semi a three-year deal prior to the court case. There is a clear indication we wanted Semi to stay,"

T-Boon Says: "We let him slip away to French Rugby."

Gronk

Staff member
Prob needs to try get his price up

Well if he reproduces 6 games like last week, then he's entitled to ask for more. The Sharks will have some cash for him. They have taken possession of the Roosters Salary Sombrero methinks.

e586783755c9e3e90106797de07f4001

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was not a fan of signing Hayne.
Hes had one great game.
Hes been ok in a couple more.
Hes missed more games than hes played.
Are comments such as Guthos "its about time he pulled his finger out" relevant to how hes perceived within the playing group? Who knows.
The only fellow player talking him up is his bestie Mannah.
His pre season didnt appear to be effective as he was definitely carrying some condition early.
I guess the answer in "a pumpkin". Based on last weeks form his re signing seems inevitable. Id like to see 7 more games from him at a 7 plus standard.
Isnt Kelly from Manly after a contract? Id personally prefer we encourage more youth into the team. $500k is a lot when you only play half a season.
Probably not a popular opinion but thats mine.

T-Boon

Coach
Are comments such as Guthos "its about time he pulled his finger out" relevant to how hes perceived within the playing group? Who knows.

That isn't what Gutho said. My recollection is he said "he has really pulled his finger out". I think if he said "it is about time he pulled his finger out" there would have been media melt down.

T-Boon

Coach
I know it might not fit with any agenda if you have one, but let's spend a minute and try and comprehend the truth of both situations you have outlined.

You schooled me with regards the Hayne situation. I concede.

But not the Semi situation.
I knew he was leaving 18 months before he did because he was expressing the fact that he was pissed off about being on a contract way less than he was worth. We had the option at that time to say "you are right you are way under valued here is an extra $150k, instead we said tough luck your agent screwed up signing a crappy contract". That was when we lost him.

You schooled me with regards the Hayne situation. I concede.

But not the Semi situation.
I knew he was leaving 18 months before he did because he was expressing the fact that he was pissed off about being on a contract way less than he was worth. We had the option at that time to say "you are right you are way under valued here is an extra $150k, instead we said tough luck your agent screwed up signing a crappy contract". That was when we lost him.
I reckon we lost him when that s**t hung him out to dry. She put him on the guilty list (while trying to make out she wasn't). I think he knew then he was going.