What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

strider

Post Whore
I also dont get all the times people talk about how hayne was not ready cos he didnt get a proper pre-season

i know he played in the world cup, but so did dozens of other players .... were they all under done? ... perhaps poor michael jennings is suffering from the world cup too ... and taka, peni, alvaro, brown, matagi, manu, moses, timmy, .... there ya go, ive figured out the cause of our poor season .... no other club had these issues of course

Jarryd played nrl last year .... i dont believe he had a significant injury in the offseason ..... i just dont get why everyone thought he was so underdone coming into this season

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont get it

He says the mistake was putting him at fullback before he was ready/fit for it - hence got injured

I was under the impression he did his hip kicking off in that game

he was playing fullback at the time he kicked off

Gronk

Staff member
I also dont get all the times people talk about how hayne was not ready cos he didnt get a proper pre-season

i know he played in the world cup, but so did dozens of other players .... were they all under done? ... perhaps poor michael jennings is suffering from the world cup too ... and taka, peni, alvaro, brown, matagi, manu, moses, timmy, .... there ya go, ive figured out the cause of our poor season .... no other club had these issues of course

Jarryd played nrl last year .... i dont believe he had a significant injury in the offseason ..... i just dont get why everyone thought he was so underdone coming into this season

He didn’t have the same fitness base as most first graders. He had two lazy seasons at the GC and went into the world cup over weight and unfit.

strider

Post Whore
He didn’t have the same fitness base as most first graders. He had two lazy seasons at the GC and went into the world cup over weight and unfit.
You think we bought an unfit dud?

I reckon anyone playing for an NRL team should have pretty high fitness level .... are the entire titans team unfit? - a few of their other merkins have kicked on elsewhere

Gronk

Staff member
You think we bought an unfit dud?

I reckon anyone playing for an NRL team should have pretty high fitness level .... are the entire titans team unfit? - a few of their other merkins have kicked on elsewhere

PKent used to tell stories of Hayne goung to toilet breaks to avoid the hard training. That bc he failed some benchmarks the rest of the team were forced to do extras.

Dud we buy an unfit dud ? Yes we got him in the 50% off sale bin.

strider

Post Whore
PKent used to tell stories of Hayne goung to toilet breaks to avoid the hard training. That bc he failed some benchmarks the rest of the team were forced to do extras.

No we got him for what he was worth ... titans just had a shocker throwing double at him

Gronk

Staff member
Thats the whole point ... he cant do that every week .... and thats why he is worth no more than 500k max
If he can't do that every week, then I agree.

Notwithstanding if he can rise to his potential again, he is worth re-signing. I'll let BA figure out what he is worth.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Maybe he was training hard in the toilet?

T-Boon

Coach
But for the unfortunate injury Hayne would have hit this sort of form by about week 5. He was solid in the first few weeks but we lacked penetration.

Gronk

Staff member
Ping @AFLGuy

Hayne reveals the turning point of his season
Ben Cotton
-
July 21, 2018 - 1:05 pm

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - JULY 19: Jarryd Hayne of the Eels looks on during the round 19 NRL match between the Parramatta Eels and the Canterbury Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on July 19, 2018 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Matt King/Getty Images)

Eels centre Jarryd Hayne has turned his season around over the past three weeks, who has arguably been Parramatta’s best player.

The 30-year old said a candid conversation with Eels coach Brad Arthur a couple of months ago may have been the catalyst for his improvement.

Arthur has been renowned for his eccentric thinking and a suggested a modified weights program he made to the former San Francisco 49ers looks to have paid massive dividends.

“I spoke to Brad and said my body hasn’t really responded to the basic weights session everyone does,” Hayne told reporters after the Eels win on Thursday night.

“It is tough, too, because you don’t want to be different.”

“I look at weights and put on weight. I have lost over a kilo of muscle and a kilo of fat since the start of the season. I wanted to be lighter and Brad wanted me to be lighter. I said, ‘You can’t be lifting weights and wanting to be light’. So we have figured out a good program.

“The game has grown. The trainers are adapting to it. Weights only got introduced properly about 20 years ago. Everyone did the same thing. Slowly they have figured out that everybody is different.

“These days the backs will do a program and the forwards will do a program. Now we’re taking it to the next steps where the individual program is based on what their strengths and weaknesses are.

“I have one of those weird-arsed bodies. It was getting everything firing right. I have been doing it for the last two months and I think we are seeing good results. I’m a lot freer now and that’s obviously helped and shown the benefits when I’m out there playing.”

Hayne added that the Eels’ disappointing season had “taken its toll” on the playing group.

“It’s obviously sad the way our season has gone,” Hayne said.

“For us to come in with such high hopes and be almost taken out by round 10, that’s probably been the biggest thing for us. Where you are on the ladder you get tough nights and tough days. It takes its toll on you.”

https://www.nospam21.com/hayne-reve...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Zero+Tackle

Happy MEel

First Grade
“I wanted to be lighter and Brad wanted me to be lighter. I said ‘you can’t be lifting weights and wanting to be light’. So we have figured out a good program.”

So now it’s up to our own players to develop their own strength and conditioning program. What is it exactly, are we paying the AFL merkin to do?

If that’s not a slap in the face of your head of performance I don’t know what is.