What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Bazal

Post Whore
seriously mate, if you thin there is no chance, why even mention it ?

Because what makes his opinion more valid than the info he's been given?

Is it any different to people who have said they've heard we're keeping cap space because Semi might be back, but they personally believe he'll stay in France?

No harm in passing on the rumour. Although it would be more fun if he waited until you know who was back.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
oh yeah, its choc full of rumours

some rumours have legs, this one is discredited by the person who posted

should we post about the tooth fairy as well, it has about as much credibility

Bazal

Post Whore
It is at various times.

My point is, what's the difference? Would this rumour be ok if it were put in the rumours thread? And why not, if no?

Plenty of other posters put up rumours and say something like "I don't think it'll happen, but I've heard this..." Pretty silly to have a shot at just this one IMO. Why should people pass on info in future if they get criticised for it?

Bazal

Post Whore

Missed the edit

It's not discredited, he says he doesn't believe it. There's a big difference. No harm in passing on the info, and Avenger making a comment that it seems unlikely to him doesn't make it more or less likely to be true.

It seems unlikely to me that North Korea have hydrogen bombs, but like Avenger here, I don't have all the information.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
see my post above, no point in repeating it again

I'm not targeting Avenger, he has posted rumours prior that I have allowed as they are harmless

Plenty of other posters put up rumours and say something like "I don't think it'll happen, but I've heard this..." Pretty silly to have a shot at just this one IMO. Why should people pass on info in future if they get criticised for it?

and they still will because posters will disagree with them, or criticise their source or the player being discussed or whatevs, I've seen you criticise members that are members here for repeating rubbish that is posted at nospam46 because they are basically rubbish

further, you seem to think that if some one posts crap and ends it with allegedly that it will be allowed, or thats what you have been preaching but you are very wrong as you dont see what gets deleted

if some one posts potential libel, adding allegedly wont get them or LU off the hook so we have to act accordingly

Bazal

Post Whore
and they still will because posters will disagree with them, or criticise their source or the player being discussed or whatevs, I've seen you criticise members that are members here for repeating rubbish that is posted at Filthy_Spammers because they are basically rubbish

Because that poster has PROVEN his "scoops" to be rubbish and openly admits to making shit up. Semi to the Broncos, Mannah retiring, etc etc.

Big difference between that and this.

further, you seem to think that if some one posts crap and ends it with allegedly that it will be allowed, or thats what you have been preaching but you are very wrong as you dont see what gets deleted

if some one posts potential libel, adding allegedly wont get them or LU off the hook so we have to act accordingly

What were you saying the other day about sarcasm detectors? Do you reckon they could be tuned to detect facetiousness as well?

Because that poster has PROVEN his "scoops" to be rubbish and openly admits to making shit up. Semi to the Broncos, Mannah retiring, etc etc.

Big difference between that and this.

What were you saying the other day about sarcasm detectors? Do you reckon they could be tuned to detect facetiousness as well?
Sarcasm detectors don't actually exist.

Avenger

Immortal

It will still be better than most of the shit you have posted over the years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
we-must-stop-shitposting-cried-toad-as-he-shitposted-again-2454687.png

Before I hit send I stop and reflect on what I've written and I ask myself three questions: Is my post in accordance with forum guidelines? Is anybody likely to be offended by it? And the most important of all, does this post represent a genuinely valuable contribution to the forum? Then I usually just post it anyway.