What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Chipmunk

Coach
I would have still expected him to run the ball and have been tackled at least once in 2 games

He's team put on 24 tries in the 145 minutes he was on the field in the first two games. Neither of the opponents were doing a lot of tackling of anyone.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What stood out to me watching his try scoring package was that he scored several tries for the Titans that echoed some of the tries he used to score for us, showing great agility and power.

He still has it, I think (despite my earlier comments that he may be past it; I didn't watch him play for the Titans), and at the right price, would be a great pick up.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He isn’t yet 30. He is too young to be ‘past it’.

I must admit - I based the comment off footage of him blushing off the ball, and returning kicks by jogging back.

But in his try highlights, he scored a few tries for the Titans whereby he stepped past several defenders, and a few others whereby he powered though small gaps to score.

He definitely still has something left in the tank, and I reckon his heart is at Parramatta. If we landed him, we'd get the best out of him.

But if landing him costs us Edwards (I can cop losing Norman, because we can probably replace him with a cheaper player like Dargan, for example), I'm against it.

Edwards adds so much to this side.

IFR33K

Coach
He isn’t yet 30. He is too young to be ‘past it’.

Not physically no, but I think he’s past it mentally.

If anyone is expecting the Hayne of 09 or 14, think again. He may produce the odd flash of brilliance but his best is certainly behind him.

IMO, buying a washed up Hayne will be a waste. We can aim a lot higher.

forward pass

Coach
Cam Smith has hardly been tackled in 10 seasons and he is called the next immortal. Jarryd doesn't need to get tackled too often.

And that highlights package ? - fmd ,absolutely unbelievable package - and it did not even show his tries for the Blues.

Noise

Coach

If anyone is expecting the Hayne of 09 or 14, think again. He may produce the odd flash of brilliance but his best is certainly behind him.

Who would be better than Hayne on a 1 year deal for 500-600k?

Bazal

Post Whore
JARRYD HAYNE

Italy exposed the Fijian star in their fiery pool game last Friday when they pushed up and shut him down.

Post-game, Azzuri veteran Terry Campese reckoned the codehopper had only been half playing during the opening games of the tournament.

“Jarryd Hayne has not … I don’t think he’s even been at 50 per cent yet, to be honest,” Campese said.

“He hasn’t been tackled before [our game] — he hasn’t. He hasn’t played the ball in this comp.”

For Fiji to be a realistic chance of upsetting New Zealand, the Bati need Hayne to step up his running game and taking on the defensive line.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/wo...m/news-story/2f725929dc88de2fa9f790fe58e44f19

He might be right, but f**k me how ridiculous is Campo criticising a bloke for not being tackled lol

hindy111

Post Whore
KE is solid. He is far from an elite second rower. He stands out due to his smart A$$ antics.
I am a big KE fan. He is part of our top 17 for sure. But Norman would be the bigger loss. A guy like Niakuore would perhaps fill the KE void or even T rex.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He doesn’t need to be ‘09/‘14 Hayne to be the best ball runner in our team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
KE is solid. He is far from an elite second rower. He stands out due to his smart A$$ antics.
I am a big KE fan. He is part of our top 17 for sure. But Norman would be the bigger loss. A guy like Niakuore would perhaps fill the KE void or even T rex.
Edwards is a very good attacking forward. Probably the best in our team. Plus he brings some aggression and mongrel that is important to our team. I’ve heard he provides plenty of on-field leadership too. The boys love playing with him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Edwards is a very good attacking forward. Probably the best in our team. Plus he brings some aggression and mongrel that is important to our team. I’ve heard he provides plenty of on-field leadership too. The boys love playing with him.

Yes he is good. But he is no Boyd Cordner. He has a wild mongrel about him. But I reckon if left we would replace him a lot easier then some may think.
Norman would be a lot harder.

Latest posts