What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
nobody has said he has signed
allegedly
əˈlɛdʒɪdli/
adverb
  1. used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof.
    "he was allegedly a leading participant in the coup attempt"
    synonyms: reportedly, supposedly, reputedly, purportedly, ostensibly, apparently, by all accounts, so the story goes, putatively, presumedly, presumably, assumedly, declaredly, avowedly;

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
If Edwards has supposedly used up his last chance and is being sacked, why would he come back to training?

Also what's he done? He was on the GC with his kids then went to Bali for the weekend. Unless the club banned him from getting another tattoo.

84 Baby

Referee
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...k=af1ca96a5cf5cdee7745ccabe5143450-1511177658

Jarryd Hayne has $180,000 reasons to wait to ask for a release from the Gold Coast Titans

PHIL ROTHFIELD, Sports Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph
November 20, 2017 6:30pm

SUPERSTAR Jarryd Hayne has 180,000 reasons to wait until January to ask the Gold Coast Titans for a release to join the Parramatta Eels.

The Fijian World Cup five-eighth is due to be paid his monthly salary of $90,000 on November 30 and December 30 — well before he is due to return to Titans training in the new year.

Hayne would forfeit the $180,000 if he was to ask — and be granted — an immediate release.

The $180,000 in World Cup “holiday pay” would allow Hayne to soften the financial pain of having to take a pay cut at the Parramatta Eels.

The Eels would pay him around the $500,000, which would effectively lift his earnings to around $700,000 for the season. A fair salary considering his form over the last 12 months.

Although if anything, his value has slightly increased during the World Cup.

His direction of play and leadership of the Fijians has been a highlight of the tournament.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Hayne deal is all but done at Parramatta.

At this stage all coach Brad Arthur will say is: “If Jarryd wants to come and play on our terms and if he gets released, we’ll obviously be looking at it. We’ll see what happens.”

Obviously he can’t say more as it would put in danger the first two monthly instalments of his $1 million-plus Gold Coast Titans contract.

Hayne has been careful on social media in his denials of wanting out from the Gold Coast.

He tweeted: “I have NOT instructed my manger to SPEAK to teams in Sydney.”

Maybe not teams (plural) but certainly his old club Parramatta. As a contracted Titans player, it would have to be kept hush anyway.

Hayne’s signing at the Eels has also been delayed until the NRL finalises the new ownership of the Gold Coast.

The NRL feels any decision on a likely release should be left to the new owners, who could even be confirmed by the end of the week.

The previous management team of Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly are expected to be granted ownership by the end of the week.

Hayne wants to sign a longer term contract — probably for three years — if he is granted a release from the Gold Coast.
Buzz stole chiefy’s scoop!

hindy111

Post Whore
Are you winding us up?

I reckon a few would want a chance and do well.......

DWZ, Ropana, Latrell mitchel,
My source is very reliable. He doesn't make shit up. I'd put money on him coming now. I'd be astonished if he stayed at the Titans. I also hear that Edwards may be gone. He just used up his last chance. And my source has heard nothing about a Napa signing.

Will we replace KE? Roosters just lost Pearce , theyd have money now so woukdnt let Napa gp unless wanted s crack at someone else.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I find Buzz's story interesting. Why would he write about Hayne planning on staying around until Jan to pocket $180k?

It's boarder line cheating the system and probably not within the NRL rules. You can't negotiate with a player under contract.

Did buzz make it up ? Or was that leaked to him?

He obviously has a source leaking him info, I doubt the titans would leak info on what "Hayne" is planning to do.

Is it possible someone from the "Hayne" camp leaked that info to put pressure on the titans to negotiation a more "Hayne" friendly payout?

Was it the "Hayne" camps way of saying, f**k you titans, give us the cash or we will stuff you around ?

hindy111

Post Whore
allegedly
əˈlɛdʒɪdli/
adverb
  1. used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof.
    "he was allegedly a leading participant in the coup attempt"
    synonyms: reportedly, supposedly, reputedly, purportedly, ostensibly, apparently, by all accounts, so the story goes, putatively, presumedly, presumably, assumedly, declaredly, avowedly;

Gary was alleged to have made love to over 1000 women in a 12 week period when in his prime mating years.

Noise

Coach
I find Buzz's story interesting. Why would he write about Hayne planning on staying around until Jan to pocket $180k?

It's boarder line cheating the system and probably not within the NRL rules. You can't negotiate with a player under contract.

He obviously has a source leaking him info, I doubt the titans would leak info on what "Hayne" is planning to do.

Is it possible someone from the "Hayne" camp leaked that info to put pressure on the titans to negotiation a more "Hayne" friendly payout?

Was it the "Hayne" camps way of saying, f**k you titans, give us the cash or we will stuff you around ?

I reckon there is just as much chance the Titans leaked it as the Hayne camp. As you said it could be the Hayne camp as a bit of a threat to pay up but it only sees Hayne get 200k from them.

The Titans may have leaked it to further damage the 'Hayne' brand and they may be happy to see the back of him for only 200k.

IFR33K

Coach

I have another theory for you.

What if Haynes Third party sponsor leaked it. Maybe the 180k payment due to Hayne is meant to be from them and they are filthy that they’re required to pay money in January and he’ll f**k off by February. Maybe they want to try and avoid payment.

Latest posts