What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

T.S Quint

Coach
My prediction is the Titans will be complacent against Newcastle, and Hayne will "phone it in" during the first half... before realising his team is in trouble, and turning on a few nice touches (that the commentators will jizz over) to make sure they Gold Coast get the two points.

As long as he helps them get the two points, what does it matter?

phantom eel

First Grade
No-one said any of it matters... mine was the second prediction about today's gold coast game posted in this thread.

yy_cheng

Coach
It was funny towards the end of the interview when Hindy asked, so can you take the Titans to win the premiership? Hayne replied, no, I learnt from 2009 that 1 player cant do it all himself.

Hindy didnt understand his answer and shoots back, you mean player 2-17 in 2009 weren't playing?

phantom eel

First Grade
Now that Daley's publicaly selected him as captain of the Blues next year, Jarryd can relax and start to "phone it in"....

phantom eel

First Grade
It was funny towards the end of the interview when Hindy asked, so can you take the Titans to win the premiership? Hayne replied, no, I learnt from 2009 that 1 player cant do it all himself.

Hindy didnt understand his answer and shoots back, you mean player 2-17 in 2009 weren't playing?
I think Hindy perfectly understood the answer, and was just having a little dig - perhaps a reference to how often Hayne has dined out on being the sole reason behind our late 2009 run in the past? Wanting to rub in the humble pie...

Gronk

Staff member
‘Everyone hated Jesus’: Hayne
75acf2cf16cac4eeeee3556aac3c89f1

TRAVIS MEYN, The Courier-Mail
13 minutes ago
75acf2cf16cac4eeeee3556aac3c89f1

JARRYD Hayne has deflected attention away from his return to fullback, delivering a blunt appraisal of modern media and revealing how the bible inspires him.

Hayne will wear the No. 1 jersey for the first time since returning to the NRL with the Gold Coast Titans in Saturday’s clash against Penrith at Cbus Super Stadium.

All eyes will be on how the ex-NSW fullback handles his first foray back into his preferred position and the Titans are expecting a crowd of more than 20,000 for their final home game of the season.

658b519b98668d6cf69fa24e70e322c4

Hayne has certainly had an impact on his return to the NRL.
The Titans offered Hayne up to the media on Wednesday to drum up interest in the game.

While he would not comment specifically on what irked him, Hayne was happy to rant about his view of modern media.

“Today’s media, it’s not about factual truths, it’s more leading towards a story or how much they can really blow something up,” Hayne said.

“It’s disappointing and it’s sad but it is what it is. It’d be too long to go through every article or detail.

“It is sad when people get misled or when an article is written and it’s like you’ve heard a bloke down the pub and written an article based on that.

“In today’s day and age of the media it’s about selling papers and getting viewers. It’s not about the truth anymore as much.”

origin:video_integrator.15OGtoNTE6BzAUcI-AVfnNq68yA10ZhF

Hayne’s return to the NRL has created unparalleled interest in the Titans, who are on the cusp of a drought-breaking finals appearance.

He was slammed in some ranks for not returning to Parramatta and said he tried to avoid letting criticism get to him by reading the bible.

“I read the bible a lot and a lot of history and stuff like that,” Hayne said.

“In America it is a huge thing to let the haters motivate you. I don’t want that. I want to be motivated because I have an ability and I want to see that come to the fullest.

“You know what I mean? That’s the biggest thing for me.
“You do read articles and get upset and want to get fired up.

“When you read the bible you realise everyone hated Jesus.

“You’ve got to put that in perspective and realise how much he stood up and was still him.

“He could have easily lost the plot and lost his shit but he kept it together.

“When you get into that situation you’ve got to pull your head in and see what he went through to make the ultimate sacrifice for us.

“Little things like that get me back on focus. I’m here to play football and I love the game. It’s about having fun.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...m/news-story/75acf2cf16cac4eeeee3556aac3c89f1

phantom eel

First Grade
Ffs Jarryd, lay off on the Jesus stuff...

Hayne comparing his own free choice not to return to us to honour his word, versus some biblical stories about Jesus being hated? Lol!

Gronk

Staff member
“In America it is a huge thing to let the haters motivate you. I don’t want that. I want to be motivated because I have an ability and I want to see that come to the fullest."

Hi Jarryd, here is a shot of the haters for you.

r0_0_4289_3069_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Avenger

Immortal
Jesus Christ whether you believe he was the son of God or not at least had more honour than this wannabee turncoat who ends up reading a passage of the Holy Bible and tries to justify it as a way of not returning to the club that he promised he would. If he wants to relate to someone in the Holy Bible perhaps he should read the part about Judas.

He is so ignorant and pathetically stupid.

Jesus Christ whether you believe he was the son of God or not at least had more honour than this wannabee turncoat who ends up reading a passage of the Holy Bible and tries to justify it as a way of not returning to the club that he promised he would. If he wants to relate to someone in the Holy Bible perhaps he should read the part about Judas.

He is so ignorant and pathetically stupid.
Jesus was the son of God? Thanks for ruining the end of the book.

Suitman

Post Whore
On the other hand, I was listening to Talkin Sport this afternoon, and not only Hughes, Tunks and Papworth, but the callers I heard were all in support of what he had to say.
To be fair, some said that he didn't have to bring religion into it, but they respected his right to do so. Each to their own.
I think some here are missing the point Jarryd was trying to make.
The media today is an arsehole.
We all saw the way they sucked up to him when he joined the 49'ers, and we all saw the crap articles (about a million of them) that if he failed he would be returning to the Roosters. It didn't matter how many times he refuted that claim, the stories just kept on coming, until it was clear when he wasn't , then some lame stories were produced to say the Roosters had pulled out. lol.

Hayne is basically saying exactly what we all think of the Telegraph and Hadley and so forth, yet still gets castigated.

“In today’s day and age of the media it’s about selling papers and getting viewers. It’s not about the truth anymore as much.”
Isn't that what everyone here was saying when we were being dragged over the coals by the Telegraph and Hadley re our salary cap cheating, before it was proven true?
Oh well.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You are right Suity. In amongst it all he actually had a good point to make. He just f**ked up a bit in his delivery.

Should have learnt from John Lennon.