What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Chipmunk

Coach
Isaac Moses had a heap of clients who all managed to stay in rugby league and negotiate new contracts. Izzy went to union because we tried to squeeze him in way under Schubert's supposed value of Izzy, not because moses was not accredited.

Isaac Moses was out of the game for a very short period of time, was it 6 months?

What players of his negotiated new contracts whilst he was not accredited?

Also, what company does Beavis work for, doesn't he work by himself?

Gronk

Staff member
SBW signed for Roosters and Koder Nasser (sp) was never accredited IIRC.

Noise

Coach
Isaac Moses was out of the game for a very short period of time, was it 6 months?

What players of his negotiated new contracts whilst he was not accredited?

Also, what company does Beavis work for, doesn't he work by himself?

Tony Williams, Anthony Minichello and Steve turner all negotiated new deals while their player managers were suspended.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...lary-cap-scandal/story-e6frexnr-1226338322743

And SBW is another example of negotiating a contract when ur manager isn't accredited

Gronk

Staff member
Eels set course for Hayne Plane with Norman to ink new deal

Parramatta are expected to escalate their pursuit of Jarryd Hayne after it emerged Corey Norman was on the brink of agreeing to a new three-year contract with the Eels and rejecting an offer from St George Illawarra.

The five-eighth's pending retention shapes as a long-awaited dose of good news for a club that has lurched from crisis to crisis this season.

Norman has been in the thick of the controversy, banned last week for the rest of the season by the NRL after a series of indiscretions including a conviction for drug possession and his part in the filming and distribution of a sex tape.

On the field, however, the 25-year-old has been one of Parramatta's best players in the most difficult of campaigns, with a salary cap penalty hanging over the team's head in the early rounds of the season before their finals hopes were cruelled by this month's official stripping of 12 competition points.

Norman's call is set to be another blow for the Dragons, who have made him a three-year offer. Bidding to boost their halves they also lost out to the Sydney Roosters on South Sydney's Luke Keary and veteran Benji Marshall rejected a $300,000 one-year contract extension.

St George Illawarra are also waiting on an answer from hooker Mitch Rein on whether he will remain in red and white but with the club and player having not been on the same page in terms of remuneration they are also watching with interest the Robbie Farah scenario at Wests Tigers.

With Norman understood to be close to re-signing, the Eels' attention will swerve onto the next priority, the reacquisition of Hayne.

While Hayne has held talks with the Australian Rugby Union about a possible switch to the 15-man code, it is believed no other NRL club is genuinely in the hunt when it comes to chances of landing his signature.
Elsewhere at Parramatta the last of the so-called gang of five deregistered by the NRL have officially left the club after former chief executive John Boulous and football manager Daniel Anderson resigned.

Boulous and Anderson had remained on the Eels payroll until last week despite having been suspended from duties in early May, and then deregistered earlier this month but resigned late last week following the appointment of administrator Max Donnelly.

Boulous had left open the possibility of appealing the sanctions brought against him after seeking an extension that ran until Monday but the NRL had not received an application by close of business. None of the other five ousted officials appealed, while Donnelly is still to decide whether or not to withdraw the club's appeal.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...h-norman-to-ink-new-deal-20160725-gqdkas.html

phantom eel

First Grade
Interesting development for Hayne and Beavis. Apparently they've met with Pulver twice - at Beavis' instigation - but have failed to come up with a domestic club union offer, unless Hayne is willing to move interstate.

If only Hayne had have stayed at the 49ers for a few more months of hard work and not played a few minutes in that Rugby 7s tournament for Fiji, then the ARU Wallabies funding would have kicked in, and he might have had a Waratahs deal. That'll learn him for following to wherever his "god" told him to go!

So what's next - an interstate domestic union deal so that he can get his Japan/Euro rugby pay check? Or a backdown on his words and a return to league - either with us perhaps in the halves (yikes), or maybe interstate to the Titans in his preferred position as a fullback?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Interesting development for Hayne and Beavis. Apparently they've met with Pulver twice - at Beavis' instigation - but have failed to come up with a domestic club union offer, unless Hayne is willing to move interstate.

If only Hayne had have stayed at the 49ers for a few more months of hard work and not played a few minutes in that Rugby 7s tournament for Fiji, then the ARU Wallabies funding would have kicked in, and he might have had a Waratahs deal. That'll learn him for following to wherever his "god" told him to go!

So what's next - an interstate domestic union deal so that he can get his Japan/Euro rugby pay check? Or a backdown on his words and a return to league - either with us perhaps in the halves (yikes), or maybe interstate to the Titans in his preferred position as a fullback?
Lol, someone's getting worried that the plane is about to land, get back out that Hayne Voodoo Doll Phantom :eek::eek::eek:

phantom eel

First Grade
Not worried at all - it all only concerns me as a Parra fan, that we'd be unbalancing our squad again, having just really recovered this season from Jarryd's early wlakout with no notice.

But... the media and his manager tell me that Hayne is a "star" on a "journey"! So I shold disregard Hayne's form in his final two matches with us - with a semi spot on the line - where the lazy/distracted prick phoned it in for 40 mins of each game, instead of playing to his value. And I should disregard his utter failure in the halves on previous attempts, and think that he'll be a good fit for the balance of our squad replacing Foran, lol.

So I shold disregard Hayne's form in his final two matches with us - with a semi spot on the line - where the lazy/distracted prick phoned it in for 40 mins of each game, instead of playing to his value.

not to mention secretly training with a nfl team behind everyone's back

Avenger

Immortal
Despite every indication that he will return to the Eels I actually don't think he will now. I just get a feeling he is the type of person who doesn't look back.

hybrideel

Bench
Yeah he is an utter failure in the halved because we lost some games 5 years ago with this star studded team

Fullback 1. Luke BURT
Wing 12. Etuate UAISELE
Centre 3. Justin HORO
Centre 4. Ben SMITH
Wing 19. Chris HICKS
Five-Eighth 6. Jarryd HAYNE
Halfback 7. Casey McGUIRE
Front Row 8. Tim MANNAH
Hooker 9. Matthew KEATING
Front Row 10. Fuifui MOIMOI
Second Row 11. Nathan HINDMARSH (c)
Second Row 12. Taniela LASALO
Lock 13. 16. Mitchell ALLGOOD
Bench 14. 15. Shane SHACKLETON
Bench 117. Pat O'HANLON
Bench 23. Rory BRIEN
Bench 25. Justin POORE

I mean, look at that backline, how did he not setup half a dozen tries each game

ash411

Bench
Has anyone considered that it may get to the point where no one wants him? At least not at the money he's going to want, and the offers for him get lower and lower?

Is there any sport that can/will pay top dollar for him?

Realistically, his only "Big Dollar" options are only going to be overseas (Japanese or French Rugby), and his only real NRL big dollar option wouldn't be likely to be in Sydney..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its a good point, as talented as he is I'm not sure any one will see a future in him as you never know when he wants to take up Soccer or pygmy tossing or what ever.

Kornstar

Coach
Has anyone considered that it may get to the point where no one wants him? At least not at the money he's going to want, and the offers for him get lower and lower?

Is there any sport that can/will pay top dollar for him?

Realistically, his only "Big Dollar" options are only going to be overseas (Japanese or French Rugby), and his only real NRL big dollar option wouldn't be likely to be in Sydney..

Isn't the problem more what the NRL value him at? No one knows how much money he wants, it's just an assumption with no facts to back it up.

If the NRL put a ridiculous value on a player who has been out of the game for 2 seasons (purely because he is so marketable) then of course he may be priced out at no fault of his own.

I think people just find it easier to attack his character because they know jack shit about him........pretty much how the world works these days.......

ash411

Bench
Isn't the problem more what the NRL value him at? No one knows how much money he wants, it's just an assumption with no facts to back it up.

If the NRL put a ridiculous value on a player who has been out of the game for 2 seasons (purely because he is so marketable) then of course he may be priced out at no fault of his own.

I think people just find it easier to attack his character because they know jack shit about him........pretty much how the world works these days.......
well, yeah...

I don't believe in this "NRL setting prices for players" rubbish. They should only get what the teams are willing to pay them.

Oh and where was the NRL set price for Hoppa when he signed with the Bulldogs for $120K?

phantom eel

First Grade
Yeah he is an utter failure in the halved because we lost some games 5 years ago with this star studded team

...snip...

I mean, look at that backline, how did he not setup half a dozen tries each game
It wasn't so much the teamaround him, but he didn't look like a playmaker's shadow in the games he had in the halves.

Remember hiw Joey used to look on days when things weren't going his team's way? Frustrated, but still an actual playmaker trying things til the end. Hayne was (and by all indications still is) a lazy player/trainer, and better suited to chiming in from fullback to create occasiobal plays than having the pressure of playing permanently in the front lune as a half.

On the money we'd need to pay him, we should be expecting Joey like quality from this amazing "star" - but imo we won't get it, and risk unbalancing our squad all for some media headlines and hype.

But... yay Jarryd!

phantom eel

First Grade
well, yeah...

I don't believe in this "NRL setting prices for players" rubbish. They should only get what the teams are willing to pay them.

Oh and where was the NRL set price for Hoppa when he signed with the Bulldogs for $120K?
Hoppa had turned to shit, was about to be dumped from Origin, refused to play Sundays - I think that's a fair price!

Our problem was having numb nuts Seward offering him over 15% of our cap!

Latest posts