What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Clark

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Doubt it he's signed till the end of 2014 and his primary position is Lock which is where Merrin is currently playing. Clark will replace Crocker once Crock retires so can't see Souths letting him go.

Big Sam

First Grade
Crocker's already been replaced in the starting line-up by Lowe though. Clark may find it tough to crack the Te'o-McQueen/Burgess-Lowe backrow in coming years.

Clark and Reynolds extended at the same time. End of 2014.

Said it before, say it again, Clark is stamped as a future captain of the club. His development is being handled very carefully with a view to him playing with Souths for a very long time. He is a big part of our future plans. Can't see the club letting him go.

Clark and Reynolds extended at the same time. End of 2014.

Said it before, say it again, Clark is stamped as a future captain of the club. His development is being handled very carefully with a view to him playing with Souths for a very long time. He is a big part of our future plans. Can't see the club letting him go.

Yeah - here's the NRL news of his extension:

http://www.nrl.com/clark-and-reynolds-extend-contracts/tabid/10874/newsid/65655/default.aspx

So I found it odd that he would move on, esp as you have noted, and its been noted since he was U20s captain he is Souths through and through.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You could only really guarantee one of those 3 though...

Fair point...

We are nearly at salary cap limit...

And I am stalking a hell of a lot of people these days.. don't know if I'd have time for one more..

Travitoh

First Grade
Watching Clark, he wrestles with defenders too much for a player of his size. He isn't a Burgess, he should be seeking the ground for a quick play the ball so we gain/continue momentum forward instead of losing it because he isn't strong enough to break tackles like he's attempting.

I love his heart and commitment to the cause but i feel that this is what's holding him back.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Watching Clark, he wrestles with defenders too much for a player of his size. He isn't a Burgess, he should be seeking the ground for a quick play the ball so we gain/continue momentum forward instead of losing it because he isn't strong enough to break tackles like he's attempting.

I love his heart and commitment to the cause but i feel that this is what's holding him back.

He will go down the ground more quickly if he runs straight because that's where he get smashed.

English Rose

Juniors
To be fair I thought Souths were hammering Brisbane in the forwards for the 1st 20 minutes and then Clark came on and you lost all momentum

Latest posts